SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm thinking I'll only book one early Tier 1 FP+, on my ticketed MB, and then book three CPFPs on my phantom (including another tier 1), and then do the first change immediately after using my main MB tier 1. I realize I'm down to four FPs, but at least it includes two tier 1s. Comprende?

Just keep in mind that you won't be able transfer another Tier 1 until you cycle through two tier 2s.

For a tiered park, I'm going to start with a full slate of FPs on my main profile. For MK, I'm going to start with no FPs on my main profile.

This is all making my head spin! We have never done SDFP, but we did have 2 'alternate' sets of accounts with unused tickets attached that we used to book extra FP in advance on our last trip. It worked wonderfully! This whole new system makes me nervous, but I want to express my heartfelt appreciation for those of you who will be testing out the variations in June, once these changes are enacted. I look forward to reading your reports!

This is a lot to take in, and I still have a question: Can you Change Party after the FP+ return-time window has opened? Say the window is 7:00-8:00. Can I Change Party at 7:15? Or do I have to do it before the return window opens?

This is a lot to take in, and I still have a question: Can you Change Party after the FP+ return-time window has opened? Say the window is 7:00-8:00. Can I Change Party at 7:15? Or do I have to do it before the return window opens?
When I tested it this weekend (and in the past), you could. No one know for sure what the changes will bring though.

If you use the Express Bus to park hop, then you just appear in the new park without ever being scanned in. I wonder if that is going to be an issue with this new policy.
For example, on June 7th I'll start my day at Magic Kingdom, then Express bus my way to Animal Kingdom where I have evening FastPasses. In essence I will be using my FP's in Animal Kingdom with a ticket that was never scanned in at that park.

If you use the Express Bus to park hop, then you just appear in the new park without ever being scanned in. I wonder if that is going to be an issue with this new policy.
For example, on June 7th I'll start my day at Magic Kingdom, then Express bus my way to Animal Kingdom where I have evening FastPasses. In essence I will be using my FP's in Animal Kingdom with a ticket that was never scanned in at that park.
That's been part of the discussion here. You'll be scanned before you load onto the bus - at that time MM+ is noting your park entry for your destination park. Disney will know where you are at all times.

Long-time lurker on this thread, rare poster. I think I may be missing something obvious, but why are folks still interested in SDFP when NBFP seems to be such a better option? Wouldn't you rather make your fast pass selections in your hotel room the night before rather than wasting park time at a kiosk on your park day?

Long-time lurker on this thread, rare poster. I think I may be missing something obvious, but why are folks still interested in SDFP when NBFP seems to be such a better option? Wouldn't you rather make your fast pass selections in your hotel room the night before rather than wasting park time at a kiosk on your park day?
SDFP requires no additional park tickets. NBFP requires a ticket to be linked to the profile reserving the FP the night before.

SDFP requires no additional park tickets. NBFP requires a ticket to be linked to the profile reserving the FP the night before.

NBFP also attracts notice. You get the scary email every time you reassign the ticket. I wonder if it could result in an account lock. We'll know next week!

NBFP also attracts notice. You get the scary email every time you reassign the ticket. I wonder if it could result in an account lock. We'll know next week!
A poster upthread said he got the email just minutes (maybe 30, can't remember for sure) after reassigning tickets. I was assuming with the coming changes Disney was going to tighten up on those reassigning tickets the night before. I apologize if my post was misleading.

A poster upthread said he got the email just minutes (maybe 30, can't remember for sure) after reassigning tickets. I was assuming with the coming changes Disney was going to tighten up on those reassigning tickets the night before. I apologize if my post was misleading.

In order to figure out which fast passes are assigned to profiles without tickets, I'd think it takes a fair amount of computing time and resources as they have to check every fastpass for every attraction in every park for every day in which the fastpasses have been assigned (which I think is 70 days). I don't know how many fastpasses we are talking about but it has to be quite a lot so even with computers being fast, it must still take a significant amount of time and slow the system down.

As a result, they probably don't run it all too often, most likely run over night when the park is closed.

With the guy who got the notice 30 minutes later, he probably did his test just before they ran the check. If they are working on the system to tighten it up, perhaps they are running the checks more often during the testing phase.

But does the 36 hr limit still apply?

Just keep in mind that you won't be able transfer another Tier 1 until you cycle through two tier 2s.

For a tiered park, I'm going to start with a full slate of FPs on my main profile. For MK, I'm going to start with no FPs on my main profile.

Yes, the way I understand it is your ticket will have go through the loop of one tier 1 FP and two tier 2 FPs before another tier 1 can be changed to it.

Though, as I understand it with the current FP system, you could potentially cycle through 2 tier 1s if they are in DIFFERENT parks? Book just one Tier 1 in Epcot on main, hop to DHS and hope to get a Tier 1 with phantom for SDFP, and then Change party to main? This would be similar to the current system where you can book just a Tier 1 in Epcot in advance, tap, and then try to secure a Tier 1 at DHS (while in line for Tier 1 at Epcot) as your 2nd FP for the main?

Yep, that is much smarter. =) One for MK.

Help. Why do you need a full slate of FPs for the tiered park but only one for MK?

(For CPFP)

I've reassigned tickets many times and booked fp's the night before with no issues at all. I tested it last night at home and though it has not been 36 hrs yet I have not rec'd any emails or messages. I know things may change and it may be I get turned down at the fp entrance, but for now the fp's are still showing.

It wasn't misleading. I was just adding another advantage of SDFP over NBFP - remaining under the radar! :)

But does the 36 hr limit still apply?
Yes. The system runs the alert for people who don't know what they are doing.

The 36 hour delay is so that guests and CMs can make changes to their accounts while keeping FPs intact.

Only when they run the next ticket-FP update will unticketed FPs be deleted from your MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter