SCUBA on Western ?

el_tigre

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done both the Grand Cayman and Cozumel SCUBA excursions? If so, if you could only go on just one, which one would you choose?

If they're relatively equal, I'll probably try for Grand Cayman, as that one starts early in the morning and I'll still be able to explore the island with my family in the afternoon. It appears the Cozumel excursion would effectively wipe out the entire day. And it seems Cozumel might have better excursionss that our 8 year old DS might find more appealing.

I've done both the excursions in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. While the Grand Cayman excursion is early in the morning, I preferred the Cozumel experience. Even though the boat was smaller, the crew did everything for us. I felt like we saw more unique underwater life in Cozumel and the water seemed much more blue. Maybe because it sprinkled a bit in the morning at GC...but who knows.

Also, we had plenty of time after dinner to walk around Cozumel. Then again, we had early seating...so I don't know if that's your case or not. If not, there will be time after diving to explore the place. We walked around for about 2 hours and found the people to be rather pushy, so we didn't mind not having an abundance of time. We didn't, however, go to any bars... but they definitely looked like a good time.

Oh - and if you do decide to do the Cozumel dive experience - make sure you buy the video they offer. It is personalized and created each day starring YOU! It was probably the best souvenier we purchased on our cruise...

Hope that helps!

Keep in mind that you are in Cozumel until 10:30pm but only in grand cayman unitl I believe the last tender was 4:30. That does not leave much time to explore the island, whereas in cozumel you have the evening too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter