Scooter Mom - The Final Chapter - Day 4-Part Four - Complete!!

DD got lice about a year ago from her cousins who got it from their cousins. It was horrible. My youngest niece has incredibly thick hair. I mean thick. At the time her hair was long. My MIL cut her hair off- short. She loved it and has kept it. My DD on the other hand was a different story. Neither of us could face cutting hers. So there I was all that baby fine hair and comb. It took hours to shampoo and comb.

I was terrified that DD was going to get them for that very reason. Baby fine long hair :faint: We do a head check every day, but so far so good.

Every time she picks up a hat anywhere to try on I remind her of her lice experience. So sorry you had to deal with the critters. At least you can shave a boy's head, and it has been contained to him.

We have hopefully learned that lesson.

But on to more pleasant subjects....

I love spending time in the shops, and other than the shops in Japan and China I rarely get to spend time in any of them. Italy I think I've spent the least time in. I loved those perfume jars you saw in there.

Italy had some really neat things. We got to spend more time in the shops this time and I enjoyed it.

That stinks about your scooter not having juice right off the bat. Happily you were able to make it over to Soarin'. And look at you up walking around the parks. Even for short distances. Woo Hoo!

I did more walking this trip. One day I even totaled 3 miles, but not all at once of course. It hurt, though. I had my vikes with me, so I was good. I really am wondering if I can walk the parks in April or not. I guess I will know as we get closer. I am getting better ... little by little. But jeez - it is taking forever.

I did more walking this trip. One day I even totaled 3 miles, but not all at once of course. It hurt, though. I had my vikes with me, so I was good. I really am wondering if I can walk the parks in April or not. I guess I will know as we get closer. I am getting better ... little by little. But jeez - it is taking forever.

I would say slow and steady wins the race, but somehow I think that is of little comfort. I'd be over it as well. If you still need to scooter in April, you can name the TR Scooter Mom- The Final Chapter pt. 2. Two part conclusions are all the rage in movies... Hunger Games, Twilight, Harry Potter.

I would say slow and steady wins the race, but somehow I think that is of little comfort. I'd be over it as well. If you still need to scooter in April, you can name the TR Scooter Mom- The Final Chapter pt. 2. Two part conclusions are all the rage in movies... Hunger Games, Twilight, Harry Potter.

I guess. I am over the Scooter Mom title. I am sure we will come up with something different while we are there.

Day 3 – Part Two

After lunch, DS went back to the room while the rest of us got fast passes for Maelstrom.

Epcot_Maelstrom_entrance_sign.jpg

We had about a half hour before they would allow us to ride, so we took our time in the China pavilion.

DSC06242.jpg

DSC06244.jpg

DSC06245.jpg

DSC06246.jpg

DSC06248.jpg

DSC06249.jpg

DSC06251.jpg

DSC06252.jpg

DSC06254.jpg

DSC06255.jpg

DSC06256.jpg

DSC06257.jpg

DSC06258.jpg

We rode Maelstrom and then took the obligatory photo in the Norway gift shop.

DSC06259.jpg

After that, we headed back to the room.

DSC06261.jpg

DSC06262.jpg

DSC06263.jpg

As we entered the last stretch of hallway, my scooter died completely so we had to push it back to the room. I plugged it in and DH took DD down to the pool where she enjoyed a couple of hours of riding the slide. DS went with them for a little while, but came back saying he was too cold. I did some laundry and packed some things away and just rested until they came back.

Day 3 – Part Three

At about 4 PM, we headed over to Hollywood Studios. We took the boat.

DSC06265.jpg

Once we got there, it was PACKED and all of the fast passes were gone for TSM, ToT and RnR and each one had over an hour wait. TSM was up to two hours. DS and DH went to ride Star Tours while DD and I headed over to the Animation building to see Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope.

DSC06266.jpg

They gave an autograph card since Ralph’s hands were too big to sign his name.

DSC06267.jpg

The line here wasn’t too bad – only about 15-20 minutes.

DSC06268.jpg

This is DD’s current favorite movie and she is obsessed with Vanellope and the whole land made of candy thing, so she was really happy to see them.

DSC06269.jpg

Vanellope was thrilled that DD had a shirt on with her on it.

DSC06270.jpg

DSC06272.jpg

DSC06276.jpg

After we were done, we went back to meet up with DS and DH,

DSC06278.jpg

They were riding Star Tours again, so DD and I waited in the gift shop.

DSC06279.jpg

After that, it was time for our ADR at Mama Melrose.

DSC06283.jpg

We checked in, got a buzzer and waited.

DSC06284.jpg

For starters, DH and I had some wine. I got a Pinot Grigio and DH got a Chianti.

DSC06288_zps50b4c175.jpg

DSC06289_zpsd2609c6e.jpg

Our waiter brought us some bread.

DSC06287_zps52eb1b51.jpg

This was your typical hard sourdough rolls. They were steaming hot and were very good with the pepper and oil they had for dipping

DH and I shared the calamari

DSC06290_zps947b1ee6.jpg

These were pretty tasty. I have had better, but these had a lot of flavor and spice and we enjoyed them.

For dinner DH and I split the Chicken Campanelle.

DSC06291_zpsb0df9864.jpg

It came out already split for us. DH enjoyed this more than I did. I liked it, but I found it to be very heavy and I could only manage half of my half.

DH finished the rest.

DD ordered the four cheese flat bread.

DSC06292_zps90f78512.jpg

She really liked this and ate almost all of it. Thumbs up from the pickiest child alive.

DS ordered the steak and macaroni

DSC06293_zpse724bf16.jpg

He said it tasted OK and he really liked the macaroni. But DH and I found this be a very poor cut of meat. It was very difficult to cut and there seemed to be a lot of gristle and fat.

For dessert, DH and I shared the Amaretto Cheesecake.

DSC06294_zpsd66b098c.jpg

Both of us really liked this. It was good and creamy and had a nice amaretto flavor.

The kids just got vanilla gelato.

DSC06295_zps9685aa28.jpg

Which they both liked. Can’t go wrong there.

Overall, this restaurant was a mixed bag. Our server was very kind and efficient and we liked him very much. The chef came out to talk to us because DD has a peanut allergy and I noticed a lot of things with nuts on the menu. He was very nice and upbeat. He said the things that DD had already picked out to order would be fine. So service was good. The food was OK. There were some things we really liked, but other things didn’t measure up. I am not sure we would go back here again with so many other options to choose from.

DD wanted to ride Star Tours, so DH took her to ride, while DS and hung out in the gift shop. After they were done, we thought we would ride the Great Movie Ride, but when we got over there, the park was closing. We discovered it was already 8PM, so we just headed back to the boat launch and caught a boat back to the Boardwalk and settled in to bed.

All caught up! I'm sorry about your scooter battery dying - but at least it wasn't too far from an outlet so you were able to charge it. It seems like the crowds were quite heavy for you, that is no fun. How cute that Wreck it Ralph gives little cards for autographs! I've never seen them before.

All caught up! I'm sorry about your scooter battery dying - but at least it wasn't too far from an outlet so you were able to charge it. It seems like the crowds were quite heavy for you, that is no fun. How cute that Wreck it Ralph gives little cards for autographs! I've never seen them before.

The scooter battery was a source of stress all morning. Once we got back to the room in the afternoon and it had a couple of hours to charge, it was fine.

The crowds were pretty nuts. We are used to it being crowded since we have to go during peak times because of the kids' school schedules. We expected it to be somewhat busy, but not as busy as it was. It was Christmas / Spring Break busy. Busier than Thanksgiving even. We are going back for Spring Break, so we just figured we would do what we missed out on during that trip.

I have seen those autograph cards in a few other places where it is difficult for the characters to sign autographs due to the nature of their costuming. It was a cute little souvenir.

Took a break from TR's so I am all caught up. Looks like a fun trip so far. I had my scooter die in AK in August. It just never held a charge. The company came and replaced it. Good thing they did as I never carry the charger.

Ugh!!! About the lice. I worried about that with the kids because they were always trying on hats. My DGD has a beautiful head of thick, long, wavy hair. It would of killed her mother to cut it. Thankfully we were lucky.

I wanted to try and rent points or Boardwalk for our trip in December but I'm not sure what we are doing. It looks like a beautiful resort. I do get to go to Cape May NJ quite often and it has the same quaint feel.

Hope your ankle is doing better. I found out that mine will need surgery. I tore cartilage and may have tendon damage too. I'm not happy. :sad:

Took a break from TR's so I am all caught up. Looks like a fun trip so far. I had my scooter die in AK in August. It just never held a charge. The company came and replaced it. Good thing they did as I never carry the charger.

Ugh!!! About the lice. I worried about that with the kids because they were always trying on hats. My DGD has a beautiful head of thick, long, wavy hair. It would of killed her mother to cut it. Thankfully we were lucky.

I wanted to try and rent points or Boardwalk for our trip in December but I'm not sure what we are doing. It looks like a beautiful resort. I do get to go to Cape May NJ quite often and it has the same quaint feel.

Hope your ankle is doing better. I found out that mine will need surgery. I tore cartilage and may have tendon damage too. I'm not happy. :sad:

I recommend the Boardwalk !! We loved it there !! So convenient to Epcot and during the holidays that area is just so beautiful.

I am so sorry to hear about your ankle. It has been over 6 months for me and I can get around, but I still have limited movement. That is some very painful surgery and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope you heal faster than me. I hate that it took them so long to discover the damage. I pushed for an MRI right away so I wouldn't have to wait. Even though they told me it was a bad sprain, I knew that it wasn't. And I was right. So I didn't have to wait months and months for them to decide to do surgery, I got it done with in 8 weeks.

Recovery had been slow and painful. Keep me posted on your progress. I so know how you feel .....

Good thing you were near an outlet when your scooter battery ran out!! Love meandering those shops in the World Showcase - such cool things can be found there!

We've never eaten at MM - your cheesecake looks really good!

Good thing you were near an outlet when your scooter battery ran out!! Love meandering those shops in the World Showcase - such cool things can be found there!

We've never eaten at MM - your cheesecake looks really good!

I always say this, but it is always true. I never feel like I get enough time in the World Showcase. I never feel like I get to see and do everything.

Mama Melrose was OK. The cheesecake and the calamari were good, but the rest of it was just OK. We will try some where else next time of go back to an old favorite.

I recommend the Boardwalk !! We loved it there !! So convenient to Epcot and during the holidays that area is just so beautiful.

I am so sorry to hear about your ankle. It has been over 6 months for me and I can get around, but I still have limited movement. That is some very painful surgery and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope you heal faster than me. I hate that it took them so long to discover the damage. I pushed for an MRI right away so I wouldn't have to wait. Even though they told me it was a bad sprain, I knew that it wasn't. And I was right. So I didn't have to wait months and months for them to decide to do surgery, I got it done with in 8 weeks.

Recovery had been slow and painful. Keep me posted on your progress. I so know how you feel .....

I really would like to try for the Boardwalk if that is what we decide on. It really is a beautiful area and we spend a lot of time at EPCOT. I just can't get my DH to give me an opinion on what he wants.

I'm still waiting on a definitive diagnosis on the ankle and I got it's just a bad sprain. I need to drop the films off to the Dr. tomorrow. She thinks I may have tendon damage too. She wanted to go to injections right away but I said no! The shots mask the pain and don't heal the problem so more damage can be done. I don't want surgery but I don't want the constant pain either. I just need to find the time in my busy schedule to get it done and hope it's just a scope not full blown surgery.

I have ADR's for mamma melrose... I ate there once...
I wanted to try something else.. We always eat at 50's . Should I change ?

I stepped on glass back before Christmas last month finally got the glass out... I thought.... I can't imagine how painful your surgey was.... Oh and I don't remember stepping on the glass.

Yum! That amaretto cheesecake looks so good!!

I didn't get a character card when I met Ralph and Vanellope. Did they just give it to you automatically?? I can't wait for that movie to come out on blu-ray! I have that same pink Disney shirt!

I really would like to try for the Boardwalk if that is what we decide on. It really is a beautiful area and we spend a lot of time at EPCOT. I just can't get my DH to give me an opinion on what he wants.

I'm still waiting on a definitive diagnosis on the ankle and I got it's just a bad sprain. I need to drop the films off to the Dr. tomorrow. She thinks I may have tendon damage too. She wanted to go to injections right away but I said no! The shots mask the pain and don't heal the problem so more damage can be done. I don't want surgery but I don't want the constant pain either. I just need to find the time in my busy schedule to get it done and hope it's just a scope not full blown surgery.

I hope it is just a scope, too. They want to go back and scope mine again because of the scar tissue build up. I find out on Feb. 15 what that is all about. I just hate all of it. And I hate it for you as well. I know exactly what you are going through.

I have ADR's for mamma melrose... I ate there once...
I wanted to try something else.. We always eat at 50's . Should I change ?

I stepped on glass back before Christmas last month finally got the glass out... I thought.... I can't imagine how painful your surgey was.... Oh and I don't remember stepping on the glass.

I dunno. I wouldn't order the steak. Or that Chicken Campanelle thingy that we got. Everything else was good though. I liked 50's MUCH better, but that was me. You might love MM !!

I had glass in my foot once for months. One of my tennis friends gave me this old timey drawing salve -Icthammol, I think it was - and it worked in 2-3 days. It was right on the ball of my foot, so I was ready to try anything. If only it worked on ankles. To tell the truth, it has been very hard for me - this ankle thing - and I've gotten quite depressed. I am so ready to be better and have my life back, but I am not sure I ever will.

I'm sorry to go all maudlin on you, but sometimes it helps just to get it out.

Yum! That amaretto cheesecake looks so good!!

I didn't get a character card when I met Ralph and Vanellope. Did they just give it to you automatically?? I can't wait for that movie to come out on blu-ray! I have that same pink Disney shirt!

The cheesecake WAS good !!! We really liked it. It had a strong amaretto flavor, but I like amaretto, so it was good to me.

Yep, they just handed us the card. It doubled as a photopass card as well. We love that movie and we have pre-ordered it from the Disney Movie Club, so we will get it right away.

I love me a pink Disney t-shirt !! And I have several. That one is one of my favorites !!

So an ipad took priority over charging your scooter? Kids. Sheesh!

You got some great photos of DD with the par ousels in China! REally, really cute!

Glad you got a little rest time. You needed that after the scooter frustration.

Your mama melrose meal looks so yummy. It's been years since I've eaten there, but we are doing the F! dinner package in June, so we'll see how we fair.

I hope it is just a scope, too. They want to go back and scope mine again because of the scar tissue build up. I find out on Feb. 15 what that is all about. I just hate all of it. And I hate it for you as well. I know exactly what you are going through.

Wow that sucks. I've had scopes on the knees and the last time they knocked me out before I got to the OR because I was sobbing like a baby. I wasn't scared just really upset that I had to go through it again. I'm really sorry you are going through it all too. I know how frustrating this all is for you too. At least we have the scooters so we can enjoy Disney when we go.

Anytime Susan .. Anytime.. You hide it well.

Hope you return to your normal ( what ever your normal might be :rotfl2:) really soon !

Wow... I never try on the hats just because of that concern. With as many people as there are going into the parks and doing that, I'm suprised you don't hear of the lice problem more often. I'm sorry you had to deal with it, but I'm glad your DS was such a good sport about it.

Too bad your scooter got unplugged. Were the kids playing on it again??? :rotfl2::lmao:

That would definitely be a pain to have your mobility in the park limited even more by something like that.

Sorry your experience at Mama Melrose wasn't any better. We enjoy it, but our family loves Italian food anywhere we can get it. Haven't eaten there in a few years though.

So an ipad took priority over charging your scooter? Kids. Sheesh!

Yes, apparently. He actually felt bad about it and said he was sorry.

You got some great photos of DD with the par ousels in China! REally, really cute!

Thanks

Glad you got a little rest time. You needed that after the scooter frustration.

Yes, I did. Plus I needed to charge it up again.

Your mama melrose meal looks so yummy. It's been years since I've eaten there, but we are doing the F! dinner package in June, so we'll see how we fair.

I wouldn't order the steak. The rest was pretty good.

Wow that sucks. I've had scopes on the knees and the last time they knocked me out before I got to the OR because I was sobbing like a baby. I wasn't scared just really upset that I had to go through it again. I'm really sorry you are going through it all too. I know how frustrating this all is for you too. At least we have the scooters so we can enjoy Disney when we go.

Yes, thank goodness for the scooter, but I really wish I didn't need it. Keep me posted on your progress.

Anytime Susan .. Anytime.. You hide it well.

I try to. And I think that makes it worse sometimes.

Hope you return to your normal ( what ever your normal might be :rotfl2:) really soon !

You know I like to let my crazy run free, but only the fun crazy. The depressed crazy has to stay hidden until I can get a grip on it.

Wow... I never try on the hats just because of that concern. With as many people as there are going into the parks and doing that, I'm suprised you don't hear of the lice problem more often. I'm sorry you had to deal with it, but I'm glad your DS was such a good sport about it.

I think people are embarrassed about it and that is why you don't hear more about it. We learned out lesson though.

Too bad your scooter got unplugged. Were the kids playing on it again??? :rotfl2::lmao:

No, DS unplugged to charge his iPad and didn't plus it back in like he should have.

That would definitely be a pain to have your mobility in the park limited even more by something like that.

I was really worried, because I can't walk very far and I only had a limited number of pain pills, so I was really happy that I had thought to bring the cord and we found an outlet to charge it.

Sorry your experience at Mama Melrose wasn't any better. We enjoy it, but our family loves Italian food anywhere we can get it. Haven't eaten there in a few years though.

We didn't hate it, it was just that our entree wasn't that great and DS's steak was really a bad cut of meat. He liked the macaroni that came with it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter