Scooter Mom - The Final Chapter - Day 4-Part Four - Complete!!

DD wanted to ride the carousel, so she did that.
I try to distract DS so that he doesn't want to do that. Hey, there's a bigger one in the MK and it doesn't cost anything extra. :rotfl2:

This CM was telling me I need to get up on the sidewalk. Usually, I respect them and do what they say. But there was no way I was taking that scooter up on the sidewalk on Main Street.
A scooter on a crowded sidewalk... sounds like fun! :faint:

"OK. I am interested to see what you think of it. Being the Disney purist you are - I am guessing you won't like it. But we thought it was really cool. We go back March 31-April 5, you know ...if you are planning another trip. Also, we need to do a summer trip and use our water park option on our DVC AP's. Thank you so much for telling me about that deal. It was the best deal EVER !!!"

What?!? I'm not a purist, just really opinionated. There are some things one just doesn't mess with -like putting Toy Story characters on IASW. That's just ridiculous. They don't belong..cross promote elsewhere. TT is not one of those things however. I loved all the Tron-esque concept art, so I'm pretty excited to see how it all turned out. I will miss environmental test 7 though. So to sum up, as long as they don't mess with the stuff I have strong nostalgic feelings about, it's all good. After all, it is all about me. :rotfl2:

OK. Thanks for clearing that up for me :rotfl: Were they really going to put Toy Story characters in IASW ?? I am with you on that one. You ARE a Les Mis purist, though. Don't even deny it.

It figures that our kids actually have the same spring break this year. Oh how I wish I could go then! However, since DD made All-State band, I've had to move our trip to MS to visit my Grandma to spring break. Oh well we will have to work something out to go in the summer! We have four WPF&M options from our first trip still sitting there.

OK. We NEED to get together on this !! My kids would LOVE doing the Water Parks with you and your DD. I don't know how much I will be able to do, but I imagine I might be well enough by then to do some slides.

I love that saber tooth tiger your DD made! It has been years since I strolled through the Build-a-Dino store. They didn't have anything that cute then. Places like that are dangerous. I'm sort of glad DD is pretty much past her Build-A-Bear stage. I love that store, and can get into a lot of trouble there.

We seriously have sooo many stuffed animals, I don't know what to do with them all. I hope they sell halfway decently at our garage sale when my DD outgrows them. They take up a lot of space in her room and her playroom.

I try to distract DS so that he doesn't want to do that. Hey, there's a bigger one in the MK and it doesn't cost anything extra. :rotfl2:

She loves that little carousel at DTD. I sometimes try to discourage her as well, but she asked DH this time. He says "yes" more than mommy does.

A scooter on a crowded sidewalk... sounds like fun! :faint:

She wanted everyone to get on the sidewalk and that is where everyone was. There was no way I was going to navigate that crowd AND the curbs on the scooter. Umno.

Mum would probably think I’m ridiculous if I did Build-a-Dino. BUT I WANT TOOOO.
That sabertooth tiger is adorable.

Wow…the rain must have shooed everyone away from MK.

Mum would probably think I’m ridiculous if I did Build-a-Dino. BUT I WANT TOOOO.
That sabertooth tiger is adorable.

Wow…the rain must have shooed everyone away from MK.

I saw your love of stuffed animals in your TR.

It was pretty crowded actually. Don't let that empty street fool you, they were clearing it for some odd reason. That is why they wanted everyone to get on the sidewalk and the sidewalk was packed and I wasn't about to get in that hot mess with that scooter. Umno. :moped:

Day 2 – Part Three

After DD got her spin on, we headed over the BTMRR.

Big_Thunder_Mountain_Entrance_Sign_at_Magic_Kingdom-300x225.jpg

After that, the rain cleared out and we checked at the Pirates of the Caribbean, but the wait was something like 40 minutes, so we headed over to Aloha Isle to get a Dole Whip.

DSC06137.jpg

DS got a root beer float.

DSC06136.jpg

And then DD saw the sign for the fairies. It had been a while since we had done this, so she and I went to wait in line while DH and DS went to ride Space Mountain. The wait for the fairies said 45 minutes but it was over an hour. Thank goodness they had fairy movies playing in the queue to keep us occupied. Some of the little ones in line had a tough time waiting.

Finally, it was our turn. First up was Tinkerbell.

DSC06138.jpg

DSC06139.jpg

DSC06141.jpg

Then Periwinkle

DSC06142.jpg

DSC06143.jpg

DSC06144.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06148.jpg

They were both really great and spent a lot of time with DD talking to her and asking questions.

After that, we went back to the room to drop off our purchases and freshen up for our dinner ADR.

Do you ever ask Hannah what they talk about ? I ask my dd all the time... I never get a good answer...

I am still waiting for you to give the camera to your dh ! :rotfl2:

I can't believe the wait was that long for potc ?? I go during a really peak time and have never seen that.... Omg.

I think I want to write a TR ... :hyper::joker:

Your daughter looks so cute on the carousel.

Very neat purchases at DTD. It's probably good that my nephews don't know about the "build a dino" place. They would be bugging their parent s endlessly for a trip there. :rotfl2:

Rather long wait for the fairies, but the end pictures are great!

Do you ever ask Hannah what they talk about ? I ask my dd all the time... I never get a good answer...

I imagine they ask all kinds of cute and interesting question.

I am still waiting for you to give the camera to your dh ! :rotfl2:

I do eventually notice that smudge on the lens. I promise the photos get better. Plus, it is hard to scooter and take photos at the same time without hurting someone.

I can't believe the wait was that long for potc ?? I go during a really peak time and have never seen that.... Omg.

It was even worse on our last day. It was just as busy that weekend as it at Spring Break. It was NUTS !!!

I think I want to write a TR ... :hyper::joker:

I would read it !!

We saw the fairies too! they were cute. I have no idea who Periwinkle is but she was cute!;)

Periwinkle is Tink's long lost sister. She is introduced in the most recent fairy movie, The Secret of the Wings.

Your daughter looks so cute on the carousel.

Thanks !! She loves to spin !!

Very neat purchases at DTD. It's probably good that my nephews don't know about the "build a dino" place. They would be bugging their parent s endlessly for a trip there. :rotfl2:

We had a hard time getting her out of there. She wanted to buy everything.

Rather long wait for the fairies, but the end pictures are great!

I think the wait for them is always long. That day it took forever though.

I love the magnet detail in DD's stuffed animal! So cute!

I thought that was neat, too.

Yum, Dole Whip! :thumbsup2

Word. Dole whips are yummy.

Over an hour for the fairies???? :faint:

I've got to say, we've never seen them and I don't even know their names. I kind of hope DD doesn't get too interested in them... :rolleyes1

Over an hour for the fairies???? :faint:

I've got to say, we've never seen them and I don't even know their names. I kind of hope DD doesn't get too interested in them... :rolleyes1

Dude ..... it took forever and the little kids in line were very fidget-y. I am glad we got it done so she won't want to do it again for a while.

Day 2 – Part Four

Our ADR that night was for Les Chefs de France

DSC06151.jpg

I was pretty excited about it. We checked in and waited a bit and then we were seated. It was still chilly and rainy outside.

For starters, we had some wine. DH got a Pinot Noir and I got a Sauvignon Blanc.

DSC06153_zps2b7d5178.jpg

We were brought a warm baguette

DSC06155_zps4120986d.jpg

This was hard and it would have been so much better if it weren’t so hard. It is as if it were slightly overcooked. We even had trouble cutting it with DH’s steak knife.

DH and I ordered the onion soup

DSC06154_zpsf7e82dc3.jpg

This was really good and it hit the spot on the rainy chilly night.

DS got a salad

DSC06156_zps11e98c47.jpg

Which came with his meal, but DH and I shared it.

DS took a picture of DH and I.

DSC06159.jpg

The waiter brought Remy by.

DSC06164.jpg

DSC06162.jpg

DSC06163.jpg

I was excited to see him and so were the kids. I wasn’t sure if we would see him. The “waiter” who pushed him around was really funny.

For our entrée, the kids each got the macaroni

DSC06165_zps23168e15.jpg

Look at her face. She was so excited about it. She liked and ate almost half. It was a huge portion. DS ate almost all of his.

DH got the Beef Tenderloin

DSC06167_zps25184979.jpg

He really enjoyed this. Said it was really good.

I got the Salmon

DSC06166_zpscf18ae73.jpg

Even though this looks very lovely, it was very bland. It isn’t something I would order again. It just wasn’t that good.

For dessert, DD just got vanilla ice cream

DSC06168_zpsa35dc1e9.jpg

DS got chocolate mousse

DSC06171_zpsb323eb43.jpg

This was very good. DS didn’t want it, so DD and I ate it. I loved the crunchy white chocolate shavings on top of it. DS did eat the slice of pound cake that came with it. He really liked that.

I got the Profiteroles

DSC06169_zps152eb152.jpg

I liked these. They were pretty good. The mousse was better.

DH got the Strawberry cake

DSC06170_zps0c1b86d9.jpg

He said he enjoyed this.

Aside from the bread and my Salmon, we very much enjoyed our meal here. I would go back, but I would order something besides the salmon. Service was good and we got to see Remy. It was a fun meal.

I recently watched all the fairy movies for the first time and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed them! Where is the fairy meet and greet? I honestly have no clue. Somewhere in Adventureland?

That looked yummy... Even the salmon...:rotfl2:
Your sons looked really good !

Speaking of (kids) did you end up getting the kids the DS for Christmas ? If so did they use them lots on this trip ???

What did your husband have ??? Did you just split the squirrel ?

I recently watched all the fairy movies for the first time and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed them! Where is the fairy meet and greet? I honestly have no clue. Somewhere in Adventureland?

I like them too !! They are really pretty movies, I think. Very visually pleasing. And plus .... who doesn't like a fairy story ??

That looked yummy... Even the salmon...:rotfl2:

The salmon was very pleasing to look at, it was just very bland

Your sons looked really good !

He had the macaroni.

Speaking of (kids) did you end up getting the kids the DS for Christmas ? If so did they use them lots on this trip ???

I got DS the DS. Ha !! They used it in the car and at the hotel. I only got one so they share it. So far no blood shed over that.

What did your husband have ??? Did you just split the squirrel ?

He had the beef tenderloin which he really liked. I'm gonna get that squirrel before he gets me !!! Me and my shop vac.

Chefs de France is always a place we mention going when planning ADR's, but never ends up making the list! Your meal does look good though! DD anticipating her macaroni is too cute! :goodvibes

Chefs de France is always a place we mention going when planning ADR's, but never ends up making the list! Your meal does look good though! DD anticipating her macaroni is too cute! :goodvibes

It has been on our list several times and we have cancelled. Same with Mama Melrose. We made it to both this time. I would definitely order something different at each place though.

Chefs isn't something that has ever really been on our radar, but I have seen a lot of good things about it lately. Especially the onion soup. I like onions for flavor in foods, but I'm not sure how much I'd like an "onion soup" but I've got to admit I'm intrigued by it. Might have to make it over there sometime.

Cute pictures with the fairies! I've never gone in there to meet them.

Les Chefs is an ADR we are considering for our next trip, so I love reading about it. It looks so cute, and I love how they bring Remy by! I'm sorry that your dish was bland though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter