Scooter Mom - The Final Chapter - Day 4-Part Four - Complete!!

Great BTMMR pictures! And those pictures of Rapunzel's castle are very cool! Ugh to the crowds. I am glad it was a soft opening when I was there. At least we could make away around and still have breathing room!

More coming up !!!

Oh i see! Thanks for checking! Thats sad we will just miss you.

She lives 2 hours away from Disney and got an annual pass for this year so thats why she goes all the time lol! I know she does go a lot its funny!

It is a bummer, but I love that you guys are going to be there together.

The b'fast options at Tomorrowland Terrace looked really good. I hope there are MANY delays in getting the Starbucks...er ... I mean the Main St. Bakery opened back up. I don't imagine we'll be going back there once it opens. We've tried the b'fast over at Casey's and it was just okay. My DD says the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are not the same ones as the Main St. Bakery. I don't usually get the cinnamon roll there, but from what I remembered, other than the size, it didn't seem the same to me either.

You know it was a really decent breakfast. It was nice to have so much seating.

I love the Storybook Circus area! I don't have a whole lot of interest in doing much, I just like to take in the scenery. As cute as the Minnie and Mickey houses were in the old Toon Town, Storybook Circus is a HUGE improvement over what was there previously.

I agree. Lots more there.

As crowded as that weekend was, I'm surprised they didn't have the gate between Storybook Circus and NFL opened. With the walls up for the Mine Train it gets really claustrophobic over by the LIttle Mermaid rides. Having the that gate open at least allows for more than one way in and out. I really wish they hadn't scrapped the Pixie Hollow area. They could have made a great playground to go along with the meet and greet. Sigh. Maybe now that Peter Pan is out on DVD they'll take down the winter wood set up and put up a cool M&G for those characters. It would be cool to get pics with Peter, Tink and Wendy.

Yes, a way through there would have been nice. I didn't see one, though. It was hard to see anything through that crazy crowd. I can't wait until everything is all opened up. The wait for that coaster will be nuts.

I'm very excited for the Rapunzel restrooms to open up. They should have a toilet paper ribbon cutting.

Surely it isn't going to be just restrooms .....

Okay, must go now. They are about to give away a Disney cruise on the radio. Fingers crossed! DD really wants to do one.

I highly recommend one. Best. Vacation. Ever !!!

I'm glad they're finding a use for the Tomorrowland Terrace, even if only temporarily. It is such a wasted space!!! Hopefully it does become a more permanently used facility.

I think a scooter for the kids sounds like a great idea!!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I hope they keep it open. I agree that it is a wasted facility.

They love that scooter.

Cool view. Breakfast looks yummy! Still can't get over the fact that Starbucks is moving in! :faint:

Thanks. Breakfast was good. I was glad we stopped there. I won't mind better coffee.

Great BTMMR pictures! And those pictures of Rapunzel's castle are very cool! Ugh to the crowds. I am glad it was a soft opening when I was there. At least we could make away around and still have breathing room!

DH took the BTMRR photos. I thought they turned out good.

The crowds were crazy that weekend. Seriously, the last time I saw it that packed was Spring Break 2009.

Day 4 – Part Three.

After riding BTMRR, we headed over to see what the wait was for Pirates of the Caribbean.

DSC03748.jpg

DSC03746.jpg

DSC03740.jpg

The wait was 45 minutes but DD really wanted to ride. I didn’t believe the wait would be that long, but it did take at least 30 minutes. At one point they even had the doors closed and wouldn’t let people in.

DSC06360.jpg

After that, we rode Peter Pan with our fast passes.

DSC02241.jpg

I just love this ride. As we were entering the line to ride, one of the CM’s was telling a guy that his fast passes were no longer good. The guy said, “we have been coming here for years and we have never had a problem with this. I want to talk to someone about that.” The CM explained that this policy was new and pointed out three places that this information was posted. I am not sure what happened, but I suppose that man wasn’t doing any current research.

Thank goodness I am such a Disnerd. Saves us so much time.
Anyway, after our ride, it was time for our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Liberty-Tree-Tavern-Exterio.jpg

wdwfeb7-202.jpg

DH and I split the Pot Roast. It came out already split for us.

DSC06362_zps9d720ced.jpg

That was just my half. And it was the perfect amount. We really enjoyed this dish. We would get it again.

DS got an Angus Burger.

DSC06363_zps9500aa46.jpg

He enjoyed this as well. These fries were perfect. Nice and thick. Crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside.

DD got the Macaroni and Cheese

DSC06364_zps98727be5.jpg

She ate all of her dinner for once, and she said she really liked it.

The kids each got an ice cream sundae.

DSC06365_zps77e59e69.jpg

I loved the red, white and blue sprinkles on top.

DH and I split the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

DSC06366_zps07634628.jpg

He handed me the plate and told me to eat what I wanted. It took a great deal of effort to leave him exactly half. It was sooooo good !!! I told DH that the fact that I left him half was proof of how much I loved him. We had a great meal here and will definitely go back.

The Dis really is such a great resource when going to Disney! I can't imagine going without the knowledge that we have!!

Your meal at LTT looks really good! That was one of our favorite meals from this past trip!

The Dis really is such a great resource when going to Disney! I can't imagine going without the knowledge that we have!!

Your meal at LTT looks really good! That was one of our favorite meals from this past trip!

I agree !! Our trips are much more fun and enjoyable with my Dis knowledge. What would we do without it ??

LTT is always a winner for us. We like the dinner, too !!!

Your lunch at LTT looks great. We had dinner there a couple of years ago and loved it. And is so nice an quiet in there, a good break from the park.

Your lunch at LTT looks great. We had dinner there a couple of years ago and loved it. And is so nice an quiet in there, a good break from the park.

We really liked it. We had a nice quiet table in the corner and we really had a nice rest from the craziness of the park.

I just love this ride. As we were entering the line to ride, one of the CM’s was telling a guy that his fast passes were no longer good. The guy said, “we have been coming here for years and we have never had a problem with this. I want to talk to someone about that.” The CM explained that this policy was new and pointed out three places that this information was posted. I am not sure what happened, but I suppose that man wasn’t doing any current research.

Or apparently keeping up with his reading of posted signage either. I can see where he may not have known prior to going to the parks the window was now enforced. If one has 'been coming here for years" one might just think he/she knows every thing there is to know and doesn't bother doing research anymore. However, those signs are in your face at the FP kiosk. How do you not notice it, and think I might need to read this.

Yes...Tangled themed restrooms are the story for that area. The rumor/belief is that there will be a M&G there as well. Rapunzel's picture is notably missing from the art on the wall where they are building the new princess M&G. Once the Rapunzel restrooms open up I believe the restrooms behind Peter Pan are being shut down and they are going to be working on the interactive queue for PP.

That angus burger DS got looked really good! Makes me wish I still ate beef.

I have not qualified for the Disney cruise yet. I'll try again tomorrow. If I actually get through I get a $25 Disney gift card. Score! Speaking of gift cards, guess what I got in the mail a few weeks ago? Yes! a Disney Gift card. I helped an old McD's friend of mine plan a trip for her family. She and her husband sent me a $50 gift card as a thank you. Best. Day. In Recent Memory!

Or apparently keeping up with his reading of posted signage either. I can see where he may not have known prior to going to the parks the window was now enforced. If one has 'been coming here for years" one might just think he/she knows every thing there is to know and doesn't bother doing research anymore. However, those signs are in your face at the FP kiosk. How do you not notice it, and think I might need to read this.

They are just unprepared. It was the entitlement evident in his manner is what I thought was interesting.

Yes...Tangled themed restrooms are the story for that area. The rumor/belief is that there will be a M&G there as well. Rapunzel's picture is notably missing from the art on the wall where they are building the new princess M&G. Once the Rapunzel restrooms open up I believe the restrooms behind Peter Pan are being shut down and they are going to be working on the interactive queue for PP.

Still, I hope it is something more than a glorified bathroom. I mean why even put the tower there ?? I don't get it ....

That angus burger DS got looked really good! Makes me wish I still ate beef.

I didn't know you gave up beef. No dairy, no beef ??? How is life livable ?? Have you tried the gluten free thingy, yet ??

I have not qualified for the Disney cruise yet. I'll try again tomorrow. If I actually get through I get a $25 Disney gift card. Score! Speaking of gift cards, guess what I got in the mail a few weeks ago? Yes! a Disney Gift card. I helped an old McD's friend of mine plan a trip for her family. She and her husband sent me a $50 gift card as a thank you. Best. Day. In Recent Memory!

Those are the best gifts. That is all my family gets us any more.

I can't believe that wait for Pirates!!! :scared1:

I'm guessing the guy with the expired FP probably knew what was going on and was just trying to find a CM that would bend the rules anyway. I mean it says right there on the FP now that late arrivals won't be accepted. It doesn't get any more clear than that... :rolleyes1

I love LTT. Never been there for lunch, but it looks like it certainly doesn't disappoint!

I can't believe that wait for Pirates!!! :scared1:

It was very crowded that weekend. I bet it will be this coming presidents weekend as well.

I'm guessing the guy with the expired FP probably knew what was going on and was just trying to find a CM that would bend the rules anyway. I mean it says right there on the FP now that late arrivals won't be accepted. It doesn't get any more clear than that... :rolleyes1

I think he thought the rules would never change for him.

I love LTT. Never been there for lunch, but it looks like it certainly doesn't disappoint!

I prefer the lunch menu because you have more than one option. We have enjoyed the dinner menu though.

Day 4 – Part Four.

After our delicious lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, DD wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad again.

DSC05857.jpg

So we did that. She just loves that ride.

After that, we head back over to New Fantasyland to see if we could ride the Mermaid ride.

DSC05838.jpg

DSC05823.jpg

It was running again, so we were able to use our fast passes and ride.

DSC05781.jpg

DSC05782.jpg

DSC05784.jpg

DSC05788.jpg

DSC05789.jpg

DSC05790.jpg

DSC05791.jpg

DSC05793.jpg

DSC05798.jpg

DSC05799.jpg

After that is was time to go and our short trip was over. We sadly made our way back to the Boardwalk, turned the scooter back in to Bell Services and headed home.

We really loved the Boardwalk and will definitely stay there again. We
might ask for a closer room if we get one waaaaay down the hallway, but we adore it there.

I was listening to the WDW on the way to work today and they were doing a show about the Boardwalk. If you are a Boardwalk lover, I highly recommend this podcast. Lots of history and extra tidbits about the resort.

We will head back to the World for Spring Break, so I hope you will follow along with us then. We are staying at Bay Lake Tower and we are super excited to experience that resort.

But for now, so long and see ya real soon !!!

I AM BACK.

I love those nutritious Mickey ice cream sandwiches! They are so good.

Yay for front row on Soarin’! I hate being in second or third. It’s not the same with all of the feet in your view.

Still dying over those loaded nachos.

Your pictures of the China pavilion are great. It is SO beautiful.

It’s pretty sad that Ralph’s hands are so big that he can’t even sign his name :laughing:

Bread + oil for dipping = HEAVEN

I have heard before the food at Mama Melrose’s isn’t that great. And same with Tony’s. I would rather go somewhere else.

THAT MINI WAFFLE IS SO CUTE. I am strange, I know.

I don’t understand why someone would just stand up on a ride. Such an idiot…

Rapunzel’s tower is so pretty!!! Of course it will be a meet and greet but I don’t understand why they are sticking bathrooms back there. Weird.

We have a lunch ADR for Liberty Tree in August. The only reason I wanted to go was for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. IT JUST LOOKS AMAZING.

IT’S OVER?! :sad: I am sad to hear this but I’m glad you guys had a great trip! I will DEFINETLY be following along on your next TR. We are staying at BLT in August and I CANNOT EVEN WAIT.

I AM BACK.

YAY !!!

I love those nutritious Mickey ice cream sandwiches! They are so good.

They really are and we all know that everything tastes better if it is Mickey shaped.

Yay for front row on Soarin’! I hate being in second or third. It’s not the same with all of the feet in your view.

That is my favorite ride and I almost always ask for front row. I agree ... it its just better.

Still dying over those loaded nachos.

I could go for some of those right now myself. They really are yummy.

Your pictures of the China pavilion are great. It is SO beautiful.

I never feel like I get enough time in the pavilions. Have you seen the movie ??? I love the movie, it is so beautiful.

It’s pretty sad that Ralph’s hands are so big that he can’t even sign his name :laughing:

They are freakishly huge. Vanellope even says so.

Bread + oil for dipping = HEAVEN

Always.

I have heard before the food at Mama Melrose’s isn’t that great. And same with Tony’s. I would rather go somewhere else.

Yeah - it was just OK. DD really liked her pizza and I thought the calamari was good. The steak would have been fine if the cut of meat was better. The desert was really good. I would give it another try and order something else. Service was very friendly and good.

THAT MINI WAFFLE IS SO CUTE. I am strange, I know.

I thought they were really cute, too and I just knew that DD would love them. I am glad I ordered them for her.

I don’t understand why someone would just stand up on a ride. Such an idiot…

We saw them doing it. They were switching seats, I think. But still ..... thanks for wasting my time, idiots.

Rapunzel’s tower is so pretty!!! Of course it will be a meet and greet but I don’t understand why they are sticking bathrooms back there. Weird.

It is kinda weird, but I hope it opens the space up more. I understand they are closing the bathrooms by Peter Pan and making an interactive queue for the ride. I guess we will have to see when it is finished.

We have a lunch ADR for Liberty Tree in August. The only reason I wanted to go was for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. IT JUST LOOKS AMAZING.

It is worth the ADR, I think. So, so yummy !! The burger is really good and of course DH and I really like the pot roast.

IT’S OVER?! :sad: I am sad to hear this but I’m glad you guys had a great trip! I will DEFINETLY be following along on your next TR. We are staying at BLT in August and I CANNOT EVEN WAIT.

Yes. It is over. Because i had to be int he scooter and it was so crazy crowded, I didn't take as many photos. I will next trip and make sure I get a bunch of resort photos for you to look at !!

I'm glad you had a nice trip (minus the part about bringing some lice back as souvenirs). I'd love to stay at the Boardwalk sometime myself, but that definitely would get old having to walk a few miles down a hallway just to get to your room.

Great job on the TR, and have fun with your upcoming trip. Hopefully the scooter days will be behind you. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you had a nice trip (minus the part about bringing some lice back as souvenirs). I'd love to stay at the Boardwalk sometime myself, but that definitely would get old having to walk a few miles down a hallway just to get to your room.

Yeah - that was a souvenir we weren't expecting. We have stayed there before and got a room real close to the elevators, so it is just the luck of the draw, I guess. We loved it though.

Great job on the TR, and have fun with your upcoming trip. Hopefully the scooter days will be behind you. :thumbsup2

I hope so, too. But healing is so slow, I think I may have to use again our next trip. We will see as the time to leave approaches.

Glad to hear that you had such a nice stay at the Boardwalk!! Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

Thanks Sara !! I can't wait to read more about yours!! I just love all of the wedding stuff !!

Really enjoyed your TR. Can't believe that wait time for Pirates. I don't think I've waited that long for quite awhile.

My DH loves LTT but for dinner. He loves Thanksgiving food.

I can't wait to go down in December and really explore the FLE. I got to see it in October but only had an hour or so and spent most of that waiting to ride Under the Sea.

Sadly December will not be the Boardwalk or any DVC for that matter. DH wants to try POR. I'm fine with that. I'll just have to push my GS even more to make it in baseball. My reward will be a DVC membership. It's nice to dream anyway.

Hope the ankle is better for the next trip. I got lousy news on mine today. Torn cartilage and definitely something going on with the tendon. :sad1: Surgery is definitely in my near future. I'll just have to spend my recuperation planning my Disney trip.

Really enjoyed your TR. Can't believe that wait time for Pirates. I don't think I've waited that long for quite awhile.

My DH loves LTT but for dinner. He loves Thanksgiving food.

I can't wait to go down in December and really explore the FLE. I got to see it in October but only had an hour or so and spent most of that waiting to ride Under the Sea.

Sadly December will not be the Boardwalk or any DVC for that matter. DH wants to try POR. I'm fine with that. I'll just have to push my GS even more to make it in baseball. My reward will be a DVC membership. It's nice to dream anyway.

Hope the ankle is better for the next trip. I got lousy news on mine today. Torn cartilage and definitely something going on with the tendon. :sad1: Surgery is definitely in my near future. I'll just have to spend my recuperation planning my Disney trip.

Fingers crossed for you and DVC.

That sucks about your ankle. It has been five months since my surgery and I am still sitting here with an ice bag on my foot. Keep me posted !!

I agree that planning a trip would help pass the time in recovery. I know it helped with mine !!

Enjoyed your TR, as always. Sorry to see it come to a close already. Bood! But I'm glad you are going back again for Spring Break. You are lucky to live so close so you can go so frequently.

Lunch looks yummy, although I swear that ooey gooey (or however you spell it) cake got smaller. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter