Sci-Fi Dine-In questions

NatsFan78

Mouseketeer
Can adults order the chicken strips from the kids menu? Has anyone done this? Do you get fries with it? Was it still just two strips and $11.00? I am assuming soda is not included with any meals and have added $3.99 per person. Thank you.

Menu indicates that kids menu is for those 9 and under. If you are trying to budget for food, I wouldn't plan on being able to do this.

View attachment 694195

I could be totally wrong, but I think it depends on the restaurant and/or server--- my DD16 is a health fanatic, and doesnt eat large portions--- many times they allow her to order from the Kids menu--- during our last trip ( 3 weeks ago), my stomach wasnt feeling that great, and we were going to San Angel--- I asked for something off the kids menu (didnt tell them about the stomach issue) --- just said I liked their selection better--- our server smiled, and was very accommodating

I have a son who is a picky eater and I have never had disney refuse us a menu accomodation like that - they are fine with giving kids meals to adults generally.

My son has a sensory processing disorder will only eat certain things. The chicken strips are the only thing he will eat off the menu. I’m hoping he can get those but in an adult size portion with fries. I expect they would cost around $20 but I am fine with that. I just want to be sure he will be able to eat there, also trying to figure out the portion size and cost if he can. Thank you all for your help.

My son has a sensory processing disorder will only eat certain things. The chicken strips are the only thing he will eat off the menu. I’m hoping he can get those but in an adult size portion with fries. I expect they would cost around $20 but I am fine with that. I just want to be sure he will be able to eat there, also trying to figure out the portion size and cost if he can. Thank you all for your help.
If you explain it like that to the waiter then there shouldn't be a problem, worst case scenario you can just order two of the kid meals.

I ordered an adult size portion of the chicken strips and fries about 6 months ago. I split it with my 2 year old and it was perfect for us! Not on the menu but definitely available.

My mother eats like a bird and orders a kid meal at every table service spot we go to and no one has questioned it.

My 16-year old daughter ordered off the kids' menu a couple of times on our last trip with no problems. One waitress mentioned that it was supposed to be for 9 and under but she would still allow it, which I expect almost all waitstaff would do, for obvious reasons. If you do this, you should be careful to tip fairly; don't just tip as a percentage of the actual check, tip based upon what the check would have been if every adult at the table had ordered a normal adult entrée.

My aunt always orders from the kid’s menu and has never had a problem. Adult portion are way too much for her. Come to think of it, she usually cant finish the kid’s meal either😂

I ordered a kids meal for every meal this week, mostly counter service though. In the past, have done so at sit downs as well. Usually with the counter service kids meals I can’t finish it and will take the bagged item, grapes or carrots for a snack later.

My aunt always orders from the kid’s menu and has never had a problem. Adult portion are way too much for her. Come to think of it, she usually cant finish the kid’s meal either😂
That’s my mom, she eats like bird 😂 Thank you.

I ordered a kids meal for every meal this week, mostly counter service though. In the past, have done so at sit downs as well. Usually with the counter service kids meals I can’t finish it and will take the bagged item, grapes or carrots for a snack later.
Thank you. That’s a really good idea.

I've ordered chicken strips there. They came with fries and I was given an adult size portion and charged accordingly - I don't remember how much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter