Saratoga Spings?

Tinkerbelle32

DIS Veteran
Got a good rate at Saratoga Springs but I've never stayed there. Please tell me about this resort. We are a family of four. Kids are 5 and 7. We will be staying in a studio. Thanks! tink

There are a lot of threads about the resort - but you might want to check at the DVC area (there are categories set up for DVC), here is one thread from SSR lovers/owners that might help you:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1329308

It's like talking about the campsites here, you'll get some info - but a lot more on the camping section of the DISboards.

Yes, check out the DVC boards. Here is another link http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_ss.htm

I am a DVC member and have stayed at SSR twice. It is a huge resort, only a few years old and very nice. I think location is important here if you don't have a car because the resort is so spread out. But if you enjoy a brisk walk, you will be okay, too. :) There are four bus stops and each area has a community pool, but there is a larger pool near the Hospitality Buildings. They have a sit-down restaurant and a food court and a little shop. And they have a spa and laundry room for those who don't have washers/dryers in their villas (the studios don't have this amenity).

You can take a boat over to DTD or walk over; it is not a long walk. The proximity to DTD is a real plus because of the assortment of eateries there. In the studio there is a queen-sized bed and a couch that converts to a bed. There is a small fridge, a microwave and coffeemaker. The room is a nice size.

We stayed last December and really liked it. We stayed in the Congress Park section, about 5 min or so from DTD. It was a walk to the main pool, and to get food, but was not bad at all.

We really liked the pool, which seemed to have everything. 2 slides, zero depth entry, fountains, splashground, waterfall...and it was pretty easy to see the entire pool area from most spots. You can borrow life vests for the length of your stay if you need to, which is handy. There is a little community hall that offers activities for the kids (games, crafts) and they have activities at the pool (contests like hula hoop, pool games) with little prizes.

The food is good, but a little limited, so take advantage of the DTD location or order in some drinks/snacks. We didn't try the restaurant or spa, but went to DTD a lot -- really enjoy the building stations at the Lego store!

The resort seems to be in the middle of a golf course, so that is handy if you like golf and nbd if you don't.

Have a great trip.

When are you all going? We will be going to SSR for the first time in Oct. and I am excited!

My family of four (kids 5 & 7) is also planning to stay for the first time at saratoga springs (studio). We were hesitant to book there because we usually stay at EPCOT resorts- love the Beach club & Boardwalk!!- and really enjoy the option of boat trip and walking to get to parks. The buses can get so crowded and multiple stops are so frustrating. We're also going to be there in July and we don't usually mind a walk to get somewhere- like over to DTD- but, in July heat and humidity that can be a different story.

Couple of questions for those who've stayed there before....

Buses: How are they? Sounds like there are 3 or 4 stops. Do the buses stop at other resorts too? We're hoping for pretty quick and direct services to the parks. Do they seem to come pretty quickly?

Maid service: We booked through Disney reservations, AP rate per night, not through DVC. I believe we will get maid service everyday. Is this true?

Pool: Our kids love pools and waterslides. Does the main pool get really crowded or was it designed to handle crowds well? How about the smaller pools? Are they any good?

Thanks for the input! Can't wait to get there!!!

We stayed at Saratoga Springs Paddock area just this past week and the buses were fine. Although there are 5 stops on the property, the buses do not stop at any other resort.

We found the main pool crowded at mid-day but not overly so. The quiet pools were much better for us.

Maid service is everyday if you did not book using DVC points.

My family of three stayed at SSR in January, and we loved this resort. We stayed in the Springs section, and happened to be in the building that was most adjacent to the Carriage House. The 3 Springs buildings are the best location because they are so close to the main pool, restaurants, bicycle rental, arcade, full service spa and fitness facility.

We found the transportation, bus and boat, wonderful. There are, I think, 4 bus stops, and ours was always the last, but that didn't bother us one bit. We loved the quick and easy access to DTD, and spent more time there than we had on previous trips. The restaurants and nightlife at DTD are great!

I really enjoyed the room decor at SSR, and just loved the overall feel and look of the resort. We did stay in a studio, and it was plenty of space for us. I prefer doing laundry while on vacation, and the studios do not have washers and dryers, but there is a laundromat in Community Hall, right next to the main pool, and the washers and dryers are free. We rented points from a DVC member, so just got twice weekly maid service, which was fine with me. I have no problem making the bed and tidying up each day. If you book directly through Disney, and aren't a DVC owner/renter, you do get daily maid service.

We ate at Artist's Palette a couple of times, but did not try the Turf Club. I thought the food at Artist's Palette was good. The pool bar serves up yummy mango margaritas, so don't miss those! Just adjacent to the Turf Club, is a very nice lounge with a billards table. My DH and DS enjoyed playing pool there a few late evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter