Rumoured 8/5 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

Yeah, you're probably right...but at least its fun to hope! And, I don't think DVC management tells the guides anything, or gives them any advance warning. So maybe there's still some slim possibility. Also, with the DLT Tower slated to start selling next fall, it makes sense that they'd want to get at least a year head start with VGF2.

I bet you a pie that its not going to be August 5th........

You can count me in the group of people who would gladly "pay down" to get a nice room at a nice resort in a nice location, but have to pick up after myself.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority
I’m with you! If these rooms came with 2 real beds and no kitchenette, sign me up! Usually hang the do not disturb sign and decline room cleanings unless there for an extended stay when at resorts anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m with you! If these rooms came with 2 real beds and no kitchenette, sign me up! Usually hang the do not disturb sign and decline room cleanings unless there for an extended stay when at resorts anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it's almost certain the new studios will have the murphy beds (every renovation will include them), which people reported are as comfortable as real beds.

I think it's almost certain the new studios will have the murphy beds (every renovation will include them), which people reported are as comfortable as real beds.
Oh I agree with you there, I’ll be surprised if there is no kitchenette too. I’m just saying from the speculation others are throwing out there I wouldn’t be upset if it was more like a hotel room than a typical studio.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I'm thinking these rooms will be along the lines of the Tower Studios at RR. There's no sink in that kitchenette. Wouldn't be tough to refurb a hotel room into that type of studio.
Do those rooms still have coffee makers and stuff? So you're washing your dishes in the bathroom sink? Not exactly the greatest experience.

Do those rooms still have coffee makers and stuff? So you're washing your dishes in the bathroom sink? Not exactly the greatest experience.
I believe the current rooms have the Keurig kcup coffee, I’d be happy if they left those in the new rooms, I prefer them over the traditional coffee pot:)

I believe the current rooms have the Keurig kcup coffee, I’d be happy if they left those in the new rooms, I prefer them over the traditional coffee pot:)
So I'm guessing they don't have plates etc. like the traditional DVC studio on those RR Tower Rooms? (Although I know during covid there may only be disposable plates and cutlery in all DVC). I guess if there's nothing to wash, then that takes care of that. For us it wouldn't work because part of the appeal of the DVC studio (and larger rooms) is that it's more convenient to buy groceries and dine in room. But there may be a market for a hotel-room-style option I suppose. But it's not what I bought into at VGF ;) It'll be interesting to see which way it goes.

I thought the same thing about the sinks. The thought is just kinda...ew. I'd rather pack some paper plates and plastic silverware.

My worry is that if sales are successful, they'll take it as a sign not to build kitchenettes in studios in the future...
That would be problematic. Also if the non-kitchen points are less expensive...then everyone could start using those to book at the existing VGF. If that's the case, at least they had better keep the new ones as a separate property from the perspective of 11-month windows (like Kidani and Jambo). If they do what they did at the Polynesian (adding the full kitchenette), then it can all be equal at VGF as far as I'm concerned as a current owner.

That would be problematic. Also if the non-kitchen points are less expensive...then everyone could start using those to book at the existing VGF. If that's the case, at least they had better keep the new ones as a separate property from the perspective of 11-month windows (like Kidani and Jambo). If they do what they did at the Polynesian (adding the full kitchenette), then it can all be equal at VGF as far as I'm concerned as a current owner.
Kidani and Jambo are considered to be one property for 11-month booking purposes. If you own at Kidani, you can book Jambo or visa versa. The only difference is that they are separate booking categories within the same association. I would expect the same with VGF/VGF2.

Kidani and Jambo are considered to be one property for 11-month booking purposes. If you own at Kidani, you can book Jambo or visa versa. The only difference is that they are separate booking categories within the same association. I would expect the same with VGF/VGF2.
That's funny as we own there, lol. But we don't like AKL (in terms of staying there) so never book there. Are there any separated? Does WL have two separate or are they interchangeable? This could be a first/unique situation with differing room levels within one property. At the very least the new ones with no kitchenette should be a few points less per night.

That's funny as we own there, lol. But we don't like AKL (in terms of staying there) so never book there. Are there any separated? Does WL have two separate or are they interchangeable? This could be a first/unique situation with differing room levels within one property. At the very least the new ones with no kitchenette should be a few points less per night.
CCV and BRV share the same amenities with WL but they are separate condo associations. BRV owners must wait until the 7-month window to book at CCV and visa versa.

CCV and BRV share the same amenities with WL but they are separate condo associations. BRV owners must wait until the 7-month window to book at CCV and visa versa.
Okay thanks. So there is a precedent, should it work out that the converted units have less amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter