Rumoured 8/5 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

That's good enough for me! Now that a thread has started, it's an official rumor!!! :woohoo:

I mean really...how much more official can you get: "Someone posted on a message board that they heard it from somebody who might work for Disney"
I am the one who posted it, talked to one guide who said he expected it to be on sale 8/5 and another rep who denied VGF is even happening.

I strongly suspect they will have the standard studio kitchenette -- which is basically just a microwave, sink and a few plates.
They need to remain a time share -- not a hotel room. That little kitchenette is the difference.
Is there some legal definition of what a timeshare can be that stipulates a kitchen must be included?

That would make sense, I guess.

Is there some legal definition of what a timeshare can be that stipulates a kitchen must be included?

That would make sense, I guess.

I don't think so. We have Marriott timeshare also and trade through II. There are rooms listed there that have no kitchen.

Problem is, most of those people want daily housekeeping as well, which they won't get with DVC.
You can count me in the group of people who would gladly "pay down" to get a nice room at a nice resort in a nice location, but have to pick up after myself.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I'm thinking these rooms will be along the lines of the Tower Studios at RR. There's no sink in that kitchenette. Wouldn't be tough to refurb a hotel room into that type of studio.

I had similar thoughts as well.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I'm thinking these rooms will be along the lines of the Tower Studios at RR. There's no sink in that kitchenette. Wouldn't be tough to refurb a hotel room into that type of studio.

Good point. They have said these will sleep 5 so I am anticipating the queen bed, the pull down murphy bed sofa (which aligns with the studio model), the under the TV murphy bed, and then the small aspects for the kitchenette (minus the sink).

My hope is that they will have connecting rooms like Poly as that would make me do that vs worrying about a 1 bedroom. But, if they decide not to do anything for plumbing for a sink then my wish for a W/D in the unit is probably not going to happen.

Good point. They have said these will sleep 5 so I am anticipating the queen bed, the pull down murphy bed sofa (which aligns with the studio model), the under the TV murphy bed, and then the small aspects for the kitchenette (minus the sink).

My hope is that they will have connecting rooms like Poly as that would make me do that vs worrying about a 1 bedroom. But, if they decide not to do anything for plumbing for a sink then my wish for a W/D in the unit is probably not going to happen.
Any word on bathroom facilities? Like maybe the extra bathroom sink and shower like the Poly? That would be good, especially with no kitchenette sink. At least then you wouldn't have to fill the coffee pot in the same room, at the same time where somebody's using the big white telephone.

Any word on bathroom facilities? Like maybe the extra bathroom sink and shower like the Poly? That would be good, especially with no kitchenette sink. At least then you wouldn't have to fill the coffee pot in the same room, at the same time where somebody's using the big white telephone.

I have not heard anything yet. All I know is these are a bit larger than the current VGF studio so it would be nice if we can see the split bath. RIV has that so it could help the two resorts seem more similar when people are choosing a home resort when buying direct.

You put a permanent image in my head now. But really, hoping there’s be a split bathroom with a sink outside the shower and the big white telephone.

If the new studios really are slightly bigger but with no kitchenette sink, does it make them worth more or less points than VGF studios?
Maybe they compensate and cost the same?
So there would be:
- standard resort studios = old standard
- like view resort studios = old like view
- theme park view resort studios = a gazzilion points

If the new studios really are slightly bigger but with no kitchenette sink, does it make them worth more or less points than VGF studios?
Maybe they compensate and cost the same?
So there would be:
- standard resort studios = old standard
- like view resort studios = old like view
- theme park view resort studios = a gazzilion points
I think the only thing for certain is that the theme park view category will be a gazillion points.

I wonder if they'll even have a "standard" view.

Probably just Theme Park, Pool, and Lake View.

Maybe there will be a few rooms that are mostly staring at the Boca Chica building that would have a lower designation.

I spoke to my guide and nothing to be announced - said it was a long way off yet.
Yeah, you're probably right...but at least its fun to hope! And, I don't think DVC management tells the guides anything, or gives them any advance warning. So maybe there's still some slim possibility. Also, with the DLT Tower slated to start selling next fall, it makes sense that they'd want to get at least a year head start with VGF2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter