Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.:crazy2:

Well, it says the presentations begin tomorrow, so maybe WDW just isn't presenting a date tomorrow because they aren't scheduled to present tomorrow at all? I'm not sure if there will be multiple days of presentations. Is that something we know yet?

Of course, they may be not presenting a date tomorrow because they don't have one/aren't ready to give one yet. :rotfl:

They have to wait for NBA to be finalized!

My guess is that if NBA plans go through, WDW wont't open for guests until after.
I feel like this is a really good way for them to really screw up with PR, especially if they close for months for the NBA to do their thing. So many angry guests with trips planned, and park CMs and most resort CMs still don’t get to go back to work. They keep saying they are working hard to get their CMs back to work, and I just don’t think staying closed while the NBA plays some games is gonna cut it.

Does it really matter what happens with the NBA? Couldn't they just put them at one resort & the other resorts could be open for guests. Their "bubble" would be their resort & WWOS.

I think most people believe
that’s exactly what they’ll do. I agree, I don’t think it has any bearing on an opening date announcement.

Disney owned ESPN will def make money.. with zero fans in attendance the streaming and advertising revenue will be well worth have it the leagues there. I read (skimmed) somewhere today also that the NBA needs a certain number of games played for their contractual agreements... perhaps to stem the financial bleeding.

Does it really matter what happens with the NBA? Couldn't they just put them at one resort & the other resorts could be open for guests. Their "bubble" would be their resort & WWOS.
We're in debate about it! It's the latest in our The Great Debate series. I take it you stand on the side of Sports can run while Parks operate? I do too so if so welcome to the club. (If you don't think they can co-exist YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY WRONG WRONG WRONG.) :P

That’s what I keep saying, and it would make sense with CSR seeming to be closed off. It would be much less trouble to have them at one or two resorts and move anyone who has a reservation there to another resort.

It depends on how many rooms are needed. I saw one person estimate 20k rooms between the 2 leagues. This is for all players, personnel, executives, etc as well as their families. I don’t know how many people that will be, or if that number was extremely high, but even if it’s not that high, prepare for the worst and hope for the best if you have a trip through August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter