Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

What a fun weekend! It did a 4 week ballroom dance camp at BYU (which has a great ballroom program!) Anyway, I didn't learn the St. Louis shag, but I remember learning the west coast swing and hoping I got a partner that could count haha
I think staycations are awesome- especially if you live by a cool city like Chicago!

What a fun weekend! It did a 4 week ballroom dance camp at BYU (which has a great ballroom program!) Anyway, I didn't learn the St. Louis shag, but I remember learning the west coast swing and hoping I got a partner that could count haha
I think staycations are awesome- especially if you live by a cool city like Chicago!

How fun! There were definitely people doing west coast swing this weekend since the band was very bluesy. My hubby and I once won a crossover lindyhop/WCS big competiton in Chicago a long long time ago. I'd be way too rusty to pull out any cool westie moves these days.
If you are interested we had 15 minutes of fame when the Chicago Tribune wrote an article about us. I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant in the pics.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/ct-sun-0701-love-story-aubin-20120629-column.html

What a great article! I love it!!! That is so cool that you guys lived so close while growing up but never met. Fate works in mysterious ways, sometimes. Thanks for sharing the article.

Tinkerbell Training Week #3

Last week wasn't great. My days got kind of all screwed up and I didn't get any outside runs. On top of that I was fairly sore in my calves and left foot had some "moments" usually right after getting up after sitting down or laying down for a while. Just felt incredibly stiff all week if that makes sense. Walking or moving would loosen things up. Probably didn't help that I bit off a lot by spending all Saturday dancing. So my efforts on Sunday were pretty pathetic...I was both mentally whiny and slow moving. I didn't post my paces on Strava because I was embarrassed that I kind of gave up and that's never good. I wore myself out.

So the goal this week is to:
A) turn that mental frown upside down. Clean slate.
B) add light leg stretches, ankle rolls, etc that helped me last year when I was getting similar leg soreness. Throw in some yoga, maybe some warm bath soaks for the legs, etc. Basically treat myself better.
C) DRINK more water! I honestly think that I didn't drink enough H2O this weekend and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. My body has been getting used to the water and then I sort of just had a lot of coffee, diet cokes, and beer while out and about.
D) run outside more...everything is always better when I run outside more.

Here's my plan this week.

Week #3
Tue: 3 miles @ EA - BLIND RUN
Thur: 6 miles - 2 WU, 2 Tempo, 2 CD
Sun: 3 miles LR

Thoughts:
I'm gonna use my headlamp for the first time ever tonight! I'll probably just hold it in my hand though since I'm gonna be sticking to the sidewalks as the sun goes down. And then I'll turn it on if it gets too dark (sidewalk cracks are real!) I guess it being dark will be good anyways since I'm not supposed to be looking at my watch. For as much as I hated my effort at the end of last week...I'm kind of ready to put that behind and get out there. I also am glad I don't have to look at a treadmill for a few more days.
3 mile LR!! I knew there were some shorties that would pop up in between the long stuff. I'm thankful for it this week. My hope is my body catches back up to feeling not worn out.

Everyone pray for me that I can give a solid effort this week and that my body is on board too.

We all have some tough weeks!! Sorry you were battling it though and I have complete faith that you'll have a strong week this week!!

Cheering you on this week! Excited to hear how your headlamp run goes- you're braver than me! Go get 'em girl!!

Well, I haven't tried it yet. But that's how much I'm hating the treadmill at this current moment in time. I will strap a light to myself if it means I can go outside. At least it should be around 38-40 degrees out.

One rough week won't undo all of your hard work! We have all been there before. :grouphug:

Group hug!

giphy.gif

I'm stealing this idea from @LSUlakes (it's ok, he said I could)

I'm listing my month at a glance and then when the month is over, I will re-post how I actually did on these days. Will be an easy way for me to see what I did vs what I said I would. Hopefully they end up matching up nicely.

1/31 3 mi 3 mi
February:
1 - Rest
2 - 6 mi 6 mi
3 - Rest
4 - Rest
5 - 3 mi 3 mi (Week Total = 12) 12 mi Includes one runs from January 31st
6 - Bachelor
7 - 4 mi 4 mi
8 - Rest
9 - 6 mi 6 mi
10 - Rest
11 - Rest
12 - 8 mi (Week Total = 18) 8 mi
13 - Bachelor
14 - 3 mi
15 - Rest
16 - 6 mi
17 - Rest
18 - Rest
19 - 6 mi (Week Total = 15)
20 - Bachelor
21 - 4 mi
22 - Rest
23 - 6 mi
24 - Rest
25 - Rest
26 - 9 mi (Week Total = 19)
27 - Bachelor
28 - 3 mi (Month Total = 64)

Last edited:
I'm stealing this idea from @LSUlakes (it's ok, he said I could)

I'm listing my month at a glance and then when the month is over, I will re-post how I actually did on these days. Will be an easy way for me to see what I did vs what I said I would. Hopefully they end up matching up nicely.

1/31 3 mi
February:
1 - Rest
2 - 6 mi
3 - Rest
4 - Rest
5 - 3 mi (Week Total = 12) Includes one runs from January 31st
6 - Bachelor
7 - 4 mi
8 - Rest
9 - 6 mi
10 - Rest
11 - Rest
12 - 8 mi (Week Total = 18)
13 - Bachelor
14 - 3 mi
15 - Rest
16 - 6 mi
17 - Rest
18 - Rest
19 - 6 mi (Week Total = 15)
20 - Bachelor
21 - 4 mi
22 - Rest
23 - 6 mi
24 - Rest
25 - Rest
26 - 9 mi (Week Total = 19)
27 - Bachelor
28 - 3 mi (Month Total = 64)

I made some changes to mine, so now its not exactly the same lol. Feel free to give it a glance to see if you like to change and you are more than welcome to change yours as well. Good luck in February!

I did not know that you and Chris met through dance ... that is such a cute story!

Everyone has rough weeks - but I think you've got a good attitude and I think you can turn it around this week!
(Sorry, I don't really do gifs, so we have to just pretend that I put in a good Disney gif ... something equal parts cute and inspirational).

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter