Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

So, what time could they start leaving at? Again, just trying to get an idea for Dopey, as I know I'll be back around 30mins, like you too.

The Epcot 5k crosses the bus route as well (just earlier than one mile). In year's past the race started at 6:15am and the busses couldn't move until ~60 min later (to get the last corral off and through that area). The 5k starts at 5:30am in 2018, so I anticipate if no other changes that the busses won't start running until 6:30am. In the mean time, you could just join me at the DIS finish line party!

The Epcot 5k crosses the bus route as well (just earlier than one mile). In year's past the race started at 6:15am and the busses couldn't move until ~60 min later (to get the last corral off and through that area). The 5k starts at 5:30am in 2018, so I anticipate if no other changes that the busses won't start running until 6:30am. In the mean time, you could just join me at the DIS finish line party!

party:It's ON!!

Is that why you keep getting faster @DopeyBadger ? So you can get to the party sooner? (Btw how wide open is the course for someone at your pace? Must be really really deserted parks! At least for the smaller 5k.)

I'd agree that watching people was more fun than sitting on a bus.

party:It's ON!!

:banana:

Is that why you keep getting faster @DopeyBadger ? So you can get to the party sooner? (Btw how wide open is the course for someone at your pace? Must be really really deserted parks! At least for the smaller 5k.)

I'd agree that watching people was more fun than sitting on a bus.

Absolutely! The faster I get through the course the faster I can get to the spectator side of the finish line and cheer other DIS'ers across!

The 5k/10k was a little dangerous at the start in 2017 because people were inappropriately toeing the line. Made for some sudden stops and people tripping and falling on each other.

For the 5k, after about one mile it's single file with about one person 10-30 feet ahead and behind.
For the 10k, other than the start never really congested. I was usually within reach of someone for most of the race.
For the HM, usually only the turn towards MK is an issue. After that, wide open roads and little issues. Still people around you most of the time but like a few not groups.
For the M, usually only the turn towards MK is an issue. The only point where it felt lonely was in AK. Because of the tight turns there were a few times where I couldn't see anyone ahead or behind me. It's kind of interesting for the marathon on the road back from WWOS. I see much more congested racing road on the opposite side whereas, it's usually sparingly people here and there on my side.

:banana:

Absolutely! The faster I get through the course the faster I can get to the spectator side of the finish line and cheer other DIS'ers across!

The 5k/10k was a little dangerous at the start in 2017 because people were inappropriately toeing the line. Made for some sudden stops and people tripping and falling on each other.

For the 5k, after about one mile it's single file with about one person 10-30 feet ahead and behind.
For the 10k, other than the start never really congested. I was usually within reach of someone for most of the race.
For the HM, usually only the turn towards MK is an issue. After that, wide open roads and little issues. Still people around you most of the time but like a few not groups.
For the M, usually only the turn towards MK is an issue. The only point where it felt lonely was in AK. Because of the tight turns there were a few times where I couldn't see anyone ahead or behind me. It's kind of interesting for the marathon on the road back from WWOS. I see much more congested racing road on the opposite side whereas, it's usually sparingly people here and there on my side.

So I guess my assessment on the turns in AK creating pockets of alone time was correct. I hugged far right at the start because I remembered what you told me about being blocked a bit and I didn't want to be that person. Oddly the right lane was super clear path for me.

I forgot to add in my recap...NO HILLS!!

Great race recap. Amazing pictures and a SPEEDY time. So fun and seems like an amazing trip. I love that medal!

Great race recap. Amazing pictures and a SPEEDY time. So fun and seems like an amazing trip. I love that medal!

Thanks!!!
And I agree that the medal is pretty great. At first I wasn't sure about the random turkey. But we actually saw around 6 or 7 turkies on our trip!!!!
IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

Great race @roxymama ! Fun recap too, lots of great pics. I love your outfit, it kinda has a Minnie Mouse ToT Bellhop vibe to it, so funny that you ran into the Bell Hop Family.

I can't not think of this when I hear the name Delores (and she sounds like a total bad***)
SmallGlamorousAnkole.gif

Loved your recap and pics, roxymama! Congrats on your speedy time AND getting all the character pics hehe!! Look forward to hearing more about your trip!!

I can't not think of this when I hear the name Delores (and she sounds like a total bad***)
SmallGlamorousAnkole.gif
LOVE! :D

Wondering if I showed up with a boardwalk style surrey bike at a sprint tri would I get DQ'd or would I automatically win??
I mean, I think you should auto-win personally.

Cool characters at your fall feast 5k. I hope you enjoyed it!

Hope your travels home went smoothly - looks like a wonderful trip!!

Great race!! Super impressed with your time and the number of stops made - love that!!

I mean, I think you should auto-win personally.

Cool characters at your fall feast 5k. I hope you enjoyed it!

I really did enjoy it! The race felt kind of short, but after so much park walking I really didn't mind!

Hope your travels home went smoothly - looks like a wonderful trip!!

Great race!! Super impressed with your time and the number of stops made - love that!!

Thanks! The travels this trip were super smooth and kiddo even napped on the plane and watched a full movie on the ipad too (the flight prior to ours got cancelled, but somehow ours was fine.)

Monday training update: Maybe I'll run?
giphy.gif

Mon 11/6: I probably won't run
Tue 11//7: Maybe I'll run?
Wed 11/8: Maybe I'll run?
Thur 11/9: Maybe I'll run?
Fri 11/10: I probably won't run
Sat 11/11: Maybe I'll run?
Sun 11/12: Maybe I'll run?
giphy.gif

Phew...that's a tough week right there. I should probably do some laundry to have enough gear ready in case I actually do run. Because maybe I'll run?
giphy.gif

I sent a lengthy PM to Da Coach (yes, I'm using Bear's terminology about a Wisconsin dude, but it's my journal) about 2018. So I'll be doing some soul searching and race calendar searching in the near future and kind of spit-balling some ideas for what's next.
So am I done racing for 2017?
giphy.gif

I mean, probably. But what if there's an especially cold 5k that calls to me?
giphy.gif

Yeah, so stay tuned for more super specific reports on what I am doing with running at the moment.
giphy.gif

Great race @roxymama ! Fun recap too, lots of great pics. I love your outfit, it kinda has a Minnie Mouse ToT Bellhop vibe to it, so funny that you ran into the Bell Hop Family.

SmallGlamorousAnkole.gif
Seinfeld inspired one of my running mantras. Whenever I recite it during difficult runs, it makes me smile and laugh, and suddenly the run isn't so bad anymore. "Serenity now. Insanity later."

Seinfeld inspired one of my running mantras. Whenever I recite it during difficult runs, it makes me smile and laugh, and suddenly the run isn't so bad anymore. "Serenity now. Insanity later."

I think I may like to flip that and go with "insanity now, serenity later" for some of my runs too.

I'm really loving your decisiveness right now!

IMG_2793.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter