Room Recommendation at AKL

vcasey

Mouseketeer
I have a ressie for Savannah view room at AKL in August. Does anyone a recommendation on what floor has the best view and what savannah, if any, I should request? Thanks!

Floor at AKL is a matter of personal preference. We had 2nd floor and really liked it. Felt like we were closer to the animals. Also, didn't have to use the elevator coming and going. Used the set of stairs at the back end of the lobby and no waiting for elevators. Some people prefer higher floors - gives you more sweeping views of the savannah. But again, it is just personal preference. We were on Zebra Trail. This made it very conveinent to the pool and Mara for coffee/soda runs. All of the savannahs are good, as they have a regular schedule for rotating the animals on and off the different savannahs. Make sure to walk around to the various viewing areas anyhow, as not all animals are on all the savannahs (some just don't mix well with others!:) )

Just got back from AKL - was in room 4507-09. Awesome view - we always, always had giraffe, zebra, wildebeast and antelope right in front of us.

This is on the Zebra trail.

ColdWaterConch what kind of beds were in those rooms? King or Queens, Bonks ??? I have kids who are dying to have the bunk room but I glad to hear you great review.

4507 had the queen/bunk beds. 4509 had the two queens. We got exactly what we asked for.

The kids loved the bunk beds!

We stayed there in May and had room #2223 on the Kudu Trail...always had Giraffe, Zebra and Wilderbeast outside the window...We definitely loved our view at this resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! :) We had one queen bed and bunk beds in our room! :)

Have a great time! :)

We just got back, Kudo 3325, alot of animals, great view, no trees in the way, I was glad I did this hotel, just no other experience like it. :)

Gail & Beanie, did those kudu trail rooms face inside the horseshoe to arusha rock?

Gillian, our room, when you walked out on the balcony, Arusha Rock was to the right of us and you could see just about the entire rock! It was great because it was close, but not so close that people walking around on the rock could see into our room or anything! :)

Originally posted by vcasey
I have a ressie for Savannah view room at AKL in August. Does anyone a recommendation on what floor has the best view and what savannah, if any, I should request? Thanks!

Hi,

I would go with requesting a savanna over a trail or a floor.

I would go with requesting a view of the "Arusha Savanna". This is the best savanna view in my opinion. No people pens. If you request a trail, example Kudu or Zebra. There is a chance you could get the Arusha side but there is a chance you could also get the other sides that overlook the other two savannas.

I would request Arusha Savanna 2nd floor.

I always say this to anyone making a request. Just keep in mind that it is only a request and may not be granted so this way you will not feel let down.

You had clear view of the rock but wasn't close at all. When I go back I am going to do something I have never done, request that same room.

LOL Gail! I had the exact same idea in mind!! I just loved our room so much the first time, I definitely want the same one...I couldn't ask for anything more...it was perfect!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter