ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some crazy low "for sale" prices I'm seeing for OKW in the last few days on some resale sites. Someone talk me out of adding on at $70/point (or lower) at OKW! :oops:
Main argument against: 2042 expiration!
2042s price crashing!!! ... will be under $50 soon. Wait for a better deal.

( :P ... at least maybe you won't buy! ... cuz let's be real, you (and I) will be looking at prices every day until 2074 )

( :P ... at least maybe you won't buy! ... cuz let's be real, you (and I) will be looking at prices every day until 2074 )
Something about there being less than 20 years left - soon to be only 18 years left. Definitely, at least for me, that sounds like not too long in the future (considering 2005 feels like it was just yesterday sometimes).

so how low can BWV go? do you think that Disney will offer an extension?

Hehe, I have no idea ... I was mostly having fun :)

... my opinion is until ROFR comes back all prices will keep going down esp 2042s ( the finite math gets easier with less years )... dunno the non-ROFR floor for WDW properties... $0?

Bring back the monster! Release the Kraken!!! ( after everyone on this thread gets there addonitis fix of course ... or not- OP ...:) )

Something about there being less than 20 years left - soon to be only 18 years left. Definitely, at least for me, that sounds like not too long in the future (considering 2005 feels like it was just yesterday sometimes).
Yeah - I'm with ya ... my thinking shifts from "I get to go every year!" to "I can go X more times" ... gonna be a fun ride!!

I think it might go as low as rental value for the points (taking dues into consideration). And unless Disney's lawyers have found a way around the issues with the OKW extension, the chances of extending BWV, BCV or BRV are pretty much nil.

I think it might go as low as rental value for the points (taking dues into consideration). And unless Disney's lawyers have found a way around the issues with the OKW extension, the chances of extending BWV, BCV or BRV are pretty much nil.wha

I think it might go as low as rental value for the points (taking dues into consideration). And unless Disney's lawyers have found a way around the issues with the OKW extension, the chances of extending BWV, BCV or BRV are pretty much nil.
what is the issue with the OKW extension?

what is the issue with the OKW extension?
Disney extended the groundlease for OKW to expire in 2057 instead of 2042. Disney then asked owners to either pay $15 per point to extend or sign a quit claim. Many owners did neither. Because the timeshare is tied to the groundlease there is an argument that original 2042 owners are now entitled to the full lease expiring 2057. Disney requires OKW resellers to sign a quitclaim prior to selling. Buying OKW resale 2042 means that these contracts will expire on this date. This will be mired in legal proceedings leading to 2042, but right now Disney have shut up as threatening owners to sign didnt work.

I think it might go as low as rental value for the points (taking dues into consideration). And unless Disney's lawyers have found a way around the issues with the OKW extension, the chances of extending BWV, BCV or BRV are pretty much nil

Disney extended the groundlease for OKW to expire in 2057 instead of 2042. Disney then asked owners to either pay $15 per point to extend or sign a quit claim. Many owners did neither. Because the timeshare is tied to the groundlease there is an argument that original 2042 owners are now entitled to the full lease expiring 2057. Disney requires OKW resellers to sign a quitclaim prior to selling. Buying OKW resale 2042 means that these contracts will expire on this date. This will be mired in legal proceedings leading to 2042, but right now Disney have shut up as threatening owners to sign didnt work.
wow, i can't believe it. how did they mess things up so badly? I'm sure you're right...no more extensions.

kneely58---$115.63-$19381-160-BLT-Feb-0/22, 0/23, 288/24, 160/25-seller pays MF '23-sent 10/6

Monday will be day 45 of waiting. Broker seems to think this is normal, but it sure isn't based on this thread...
i think that's a little long. has the broker followed up?

i think that's a little long. has the broker followed up?
I don't think so. I followed up with them at around 30 days and they said they hadn't heard anything. Will try again on Monday and see if there's anyone they can follow-up with at Disney.

No extension. DVD will refurbish and jack up the point charts by 50%.
In theory, they could really jack with the system and to do a point 'reset' ... go 100x on points, then sell 100x points for 'similar' price as then market per/point price. Effectively shut out all post 2042 resorts from the 'new' 2042s.... you could of course pay to upgrade your old points to the new point system!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter