ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that’s the one. So if you were the one in my shoes, should I back out and keep looking? Just trying to figure out what is the best. Not sure if this is a conversation I should have with the agent I’m working with.

I dont know what I would do tbh. If the points work for you, then maybe move forward. DVC Resalemarket are good brokers. They do have high pricing... but will be there for you. The no 2023 is the part that would make me personally keep looking, but you have all 2024 to use if thats what u want.

"Sign&Stay" sounds similar to "Magical Beginnings." The branding is a bit misleading. I guess it's the instant gratification of owning DVC with the disclaimer that you have no points for 1-2 years.
In what way is it similar to Magical Beginnings? If the listings were approx $20-$22 less per point than those with current points forward then I can see the comparison but they are not. They are large contracts, stripped and listed comparable to those that have current points and/or banked points.

Last edited:
your down payment would have been $2000.

On a $38,480 (purchase price GFV at $148 on 260 points) loan at 9.9% (Monera posted rate) your cost of borrowing in year 1 is ~$3809.

not sure how that’s great but as long as you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters.

I think Sign and Stay is either 12.9 with $$ down or 17.9 with no credit check and 0 down....

Yep, that’s the one. So if you were the one in my shoes, should I back out and keep looking? Just trying to figure out what is the best. Not sure if this is a conversation I should have with the agent I’m working with, obviously they are getting commission from the sale which may influence what they say.

If you aren't certain I would say it's best to back out and continue your search than to keep it and regret it. January availability for 2024 is very slim right now so you'd be looking at making a reservation in February 2024 for 2025. That gives you a bit more time to find a better priced contract. Plus, once those annual dues statements hit there is typically more supply and sometimes more motivated sellers who don't want to pay the 2024 dues.

Abbie485---$115-$25665-200-BWV Sep-0/22,18/23,200/24,200/25-Seller pays 2023 dues-sent 11/15

Offer accepted today, now onto ROFR! But… is there anyone with more DVC insight that can tell me if this is actually a decent price? Brand new to DVC and didn’t think to look for a thread until after, which I’m now seeing some sold in the $105-$110 range. (Hindsight is 20/20, but someone reassure me please!)
Personally I'd probably back out but that's just me. With BWV being a 2042 resort, losing one of those years worth of points is a lot. I'd be aiming for 90s to low 100s max for BWV. I'd consider 105+ if it's loaded but I also know how hard it is to find a contract with the right amount of points and use year you want so /shrug

Personally I'd probably back out but that's just me. With BWV being a 2042 resort, losing one of those years worth of points is a lot. I'd be aiming for 90s to low 100s max for BWV. I'd consider 105+ if it's loaded but I also know how hard it is to find a contract with the right amount of points and use year you want so /shrug

BWV still going for 110's+. With 2023 mostly done, im not sure I would say that contract is stripped. Its not a terrible contract.. Just not "disboards great". But we are a different breed here. Go over to DVC Fans FB group and show them this... They'll all say what a great deal you are getting... :D

your down payment would have been $2000.

On a $38,480 (purchase price GFV at $148 on 260 points) loan at 9.9% (Monera posted rate) your cost of borrowing in year 1 is ~$3809.

not sure how that’s great but as long as you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters.
I'm having a hard time seeing the value of sign and stay as well.. you lock yourself into a high interest loan and give up 2 years worth of points? I'd just wait the 2 years until I could afford the contract since I can't go anyways and avoid the risk. If it were an absurdly low price per point on a hard to get contract then maybe? But even then I'm not sure..

BWV still going for 110's+. With 2023 mostly done, im not sure I would say that contract is stripped. Its not a terrible contract.. Just not "disboards great". But we are a different breed here. Go over to DVC Fans FB group and show them this... They'll all say what a great deal you are getting... :D
Yeah it's not terrible, but as the buyer I'd feel better knowing I got at least a good deal. In the long run it honestly probably doesn't matter that much just like I wish I had gotten a little bit better of a deal on my AKV and I saw people get a slightly better deal by like 5-10 dollars per point.. all this to say a few months prior to when I bought, AKV contracts were going for 30 dollars more per points than when I bought so there will always be deals better/worse than yours. @Abbie485 if you're content with the deal you got and it'll make your family happy then it may be worth keeping just to not have to go through it again. Also I'd try to stay away from the ROFR thread for your own sanity

Last edited:
Abbie485---$115-$25665-200-BWV Sep-0/22,18/23,200/24,200/25-Seller pays 2023 dues-sent 11/15

Offer accepted today, now onto ROFR! But… is there anyone with more DVC insight that can tell me if this is actually a decent price? Brand new to DVC and didn’t think to look for a thread until after, which I’m now seeing some sold in the $105-$110 range. (Hindsight is 20/20, but someone reassure me please!)
I am a bit of a deal hound (after initially being taken to the cleaners buying AUL direct 😭) and while I would be reluctant to go above $105 for a BVW contract without all its points, I don’t think this is a bad deal, it’s just not a killer deal. More to the point, I presume she wants to use her BWV points in Oct or Nov of 2024, and she needs to get cracking on closing and loading points if she wants to use them for the room of her choice at her home resort. Abbie, I would maybe try another offer or two if there’s other contracts out there you like in the 10 day recession period—but honestly, time is not on your side if you want to use those points for more than a few day stay using home resort advantage. I presume that were around mid-October 2024 booking window right now.

As a long term owner, both direct and resale, I didn’t see a downside at all. They make it very clear that you won’t be getting any points up front, which is the trade off for not having to pay a penny up front. It works out great for me, because the only thing I’m paying is the price per point. Planning on paying off early, so it was a win-win for me
Up to you but considering you could have got VGF direct for $161 with 2023 points this seems a terrible deal.
I know you don’t have a Time Rover to get that but worth a rethink before you hit 10 day rescind date.

My guess is if you were to go back to 2019 and 2022 and look at the contracts taken that the chance of getting taken is higher on a loaded or full contract vs a stripped contract. But, perhaps I am wrong.

Perhaps this would be an interesting write up for a DVC Fan article.
For years DVC could not change the use year on contracts they ROFR’ed. Then they changed that & gave themselves the ability to change use years https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...ey-greater-flexibility-in-assigning-use-years - making repackaging resale contracts for direct sale easier & making it easier to match buyers w/ the use year they needed/wanted on sold out resorts, however, DVC must still match bldg./unit # if they want to combine contracts to resell as a new larger direct contract.
So ROFR was a somewhat different animal in the past & what made one resale contract more attractive v. another could be based on things not readily observable to us like unit # or particular use years.

Up to you but considering you could have got VGF direct for $161 with 2023 points this seems a terrible deal.
I know you don’t have a Time Rover to get that but worth a rethink before you hit 10 day rescind date.
But that direct deal is gone now and also required a down payment and closing costs. So if they want the low dues and network availability of VGF points, already have DVC-Y, and need to keep the upfront cash hit to $0 then there is nothing wrong with the deal they made. Everyone’s situation is different.

If you are looking to buy GF today, I wouldn’t give that deal one second of thought. The deal is gone, and now GF is in sold out status, it’s not coming back.

I would compare to direct GF ($230 p/p), so their purchase is well below, and resale GF, which I think averages around $150 p/p. Likely most of these resale contracts do have points prior to 2025, so I personally wouldn’t go with this deal as I think you could get more points for the same price. However, I also don’t value $0 down at all as I don’t finance DVC. If someone values this, these contracts become more valuable to them.

@Abbie485 one thing I haven’t seen mentioned relates to your desired UY. When BWV was sold initially, fewer than 8% of points were in the September UY, and just over 11% were October. August would possibly work too; those are not quite 14%. There’s undoubtedly been some shift in percentages since DVD gave themselves the right to change them, but I doubt it’s been a lot. So, if you cancel this purchase, you might have to wait a while for the next one. Keep that in mind when making your decision, since you have specific booking dates in mind.

https://dvcnews.com/?view=article&i...bution-charts-updated-february-2018&catid=166

I agree with what everyone has said... If you'd gotten it for $110, you'd pay $1,000 less ... that's not nothing, of course, but you could also be waiting a long time for the right contract to roll around.

If you are looking to buy GF today, I wouldn’t give that deal one second of thought. The deal is gone, and now GF is in sold out status, it’s not coming back.

I would compare to direct GF ($230 p/p), so their purchase is well below, and resale GF, which I think averages around $150 p/p. Likely most of these resale contracts do have points prior to 2025, so I personally wouldn’t go with this deal as I think you could get more points for the same price. However, I also don’t value $0 down at all as I don’t finance DVC. If someone values this, these contracts become more valuable to them.

I disagree. The market has not responded to the "sold out" status as of yet. There are plenty of listings with double points at $160pp for GFV. Once those go, I do anticipate the market to adjust upwards.

I wouldn't touch a $148 stripped contract for GFV, but if OP is happy, that's all that matters.

I disagree. The market has not responded to the "sold out" status as of yet. There are plenty of listings with double points at $160pp for GFV. Once those go, I do anticipate the market to adjust upwards.

I wouldn't touch a $148 stripped contract for GFV, but if OP is happy, that's all that matters.
I agree - that is not a contract I would personally consider. But I don’t think direct pricing 2 months ago that is unattainable now should influence that decision if I am looking to by GF today.

Instead I wouldn’t buy that contract because I could could get a contract with more points at a similar price. And I’m also not interested in any stripped contracts. That would be my reference point.

In what way is it similar to Magical Beginnings? If the listings were approx $20-$22 less per point than those with current points forward then I can see the comparison but they are not. They are large contracts, stripped and listed comparable to those that have current points and/or banked points.
I meant the branding. Didn’t realize they were that expensive. That said, you could always sign&stay, borrow points for 2024, and then just stop paying. Will kill your credit, but they’re not doing a credit check anyways… 😬

I agree, going forward every year that passes on those 2042 resorts the pricing is going to keep dropping. In 2 years BWV will be sub 90s.

Some crazy low "for sale" prices I'm seeing for OKW in the last few days on some resale sites. Someone talk me out of adding on at $70/point (or lower) at OKW! :oops:
Main argument against: 2042 expiration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter