ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t expect to see Disney exercise ROFR much if at all before the end of what will be a really rough fiscal year for Chapek’s division. They are eliminating shows and firing entertainers. ROFR activity will probably remain low until they see a sustained increase in revenue from the division.
Their cuts are def affecting my thought process about buying more points. I was actually considering adding on possibly even direct for the benefits, but with them cutting entertainment after raising the annual pass price so high, I’m not sure I need more points to go more often. Especially the trips where my parents end up coming. They can’t do the wild rides anymore so they get a lot out of this entertainment.

I don't think they're paying closing costs, just maintenance fees, so that puts us at $134/ppt. Closing costs are estimated at just short of $700, so I'm still pretty thrilled about the deal that we're getting.

I was also curious how much it cost the previous owners to turn around and sell it so quickly at such a low price. I made this spreadsheet to try and estimate how the purchase panned out for them. Turns out they spent approximately $17.53/point, which is above the current rental market price (and well above for where it was a few years ago).

200Cost/PointTotalPoints Used
Purchase$165.00$33,000.00
Used 2015$6.02$1,204.00200
Used 2016$6.09$1,218.00200
Used 2017$6.13$1,226.00200
Used 2018$6.20$1,240.00166
Paid 2019$6.73$1,346.00
Sold-$141.00-$28,200.00
Agent$11.99$2,397.00
Total$13,431.00766
Cost/Point$17.53
So do you think $13,431 was a decent price to pay for 4 poly stays of 200ish points each? Maybe it depends on the season those points were used? (Easter week (6 nts) in a standard studio at VGF was 196 points; it was the same number of points for Poly, because I looked at switching at 7mo)

I would love to add this, but I need the correct totals, please :flower3:. That total should include all closing costs, MF due at closing, any fees to broker, etc. Thank you!
Seller is paying closing :) as well as 2019 and 2020 fees and crediting me $6.40 for 2021 fees at closing!

JungleCrews---$110-$25796-228-AKV-Oct-0/18, 456/19, 228/20, 228/21-intl’ S pays MF ‘19- sent 9/11

First time posting, but y’all have been invaluable in helping me evaluate the DVC process and I hope to contribute in a positive way going forward.
Great contract with the loaded points! Ours is exactly the same but with 250 points and we just passed

Their cuts are def affecting my thought process about buying more points. I was actually considering adding on possibly even direct for the benefits, but with them cutting entertainment after raising the annual pass price so high, I’m not sure I need more points to go more often. Especially the trips where my parents end up coming. They can’t do the wild rides anymore so they get a lot out of this entertainment.
I think Disney might have finally passed the price point the general public is willing to pay. They thought SWGE would allow them to continue to jack up prices, but the pull of SWGE hasn’t been strong enough to get people to pay the ever rising room and ticket cost. Now they got to slash cost because much lower than projected revenues.

I think Disney might have finally passed the price point the general public is willing to pay. They thought SWGE would allow them to continue to jack up prices, but the pull of SWGE hasn’t been strong enough to get people to pay the ever rising room and ticket cost. Now they got to slash cost because much lower than projected revenues.
I'm sure opening the main attraction will help. It's almost like opening pandora with only navi river journey. Time will tell. (more in this in the SWGE forum :) )

Great contract with the loaded points! Ours is exactly the same but with 250 points and we just passed
I wanted to hop in around 225 points and eventually buy my 75 direct points to get perks and sit around a 300 total. Then the change was announced; best laid plans...
Still, we are pumped with the contract and annual trips, but now maybe we have to buy 100 direct someday!

I wanted to hop in around 225 points and eventually buy my 75 direct points to get perks and sit around a 300 total. Then the change was announced; best laid plans...
Still, we are pumped with the contract and annual trips, but now maybe we have to buy 100 direct someday!
You have the exact plan we do. Myself and DisneyKid11 bought 250 and plan to add on later for around 350. We are also considering direct, but only if they come out with new resorts that we are really feeling we want to visit regularly and are exempt from. Other than that we refuse to pay their direct prices for the few benefits in return.

You have the exact plan we do. Myself and DisneyKid11 bought 250 and plan to add on later for around 350. We are also considering direct, but only if they come out with new resorts that we are really feeling we want to visit regularly and are exempt from. Other than that we refuse to pay their direct prices for the few benefits in return.
Feeling chatty here, but I’ve got to get my first 10 posts so I can rock an avatar. 😂 Your contract was really similar to ours! The broker tried to get me to take an initial counter from seller since it was loaded points/Mf paid and she was concerned about ROFR, but I am hardheaded and pressed on. Now we just wait and see what happens. As for the future we like Reflections so far, but we’ll see. Congrats on getting passed and I hope you get to book soon!

Feeling chatty here, but I’ve got to get my first 10 posts so I can rock an avatar. 😂 Your contract was really similar to ours! The broker tried to get me to take an initial counter from seller since it was loaded points/Mf paid and she was concerned about ROFR, but I am hardheaded and pressed on. Now we just wait and see what happens. As for the future we like Reflections so far, but we’ll see. Congrats on getting passed and I hope you get to book soon!
Haha ... we are so similar I feel like I'm replying to myself 😂. I was just saying I need my 10 to rock my avatar too. Thank you and good luck to you!

JungleCrews---$110-$25796-228-AKV-Oct-0/18, 456/19, 228/20, 228/21-intl’ S pays MF ‘19- sent 9/11

First time posting, but y’all have been invaluable in helping me evaluate the DVC process and I hope to contribute in a positive way going forward.
Good luck

Add 5 more posts here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-this-board-to-up-your-post-count-please.3571551/

People have been saying this for years and it hasn’t been correct. No evidence to suggest that this time it’s different.

People have been saying this for years and it hasn’t been correct. No evidence to suggest that this time it’s different.
The 3% decrease in attendance at their US parks in the third quarter suggests that something is up.

The 3% decrease in attendance at their US parks in the third quarter suggests that something is up.

That’s not a significant change. We have seen this before . More likely to be seasonal. Disney discounts when things are bad, not seeing that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter