• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:

Bruinsguy09---$92-$24821-270-SSR-Jun-0/18, 0/19, 164/20, 270/21- sent 8/28, passed 9/11

This was our first try on buying DVC so we over the moon it worked out. Quicker turnaround than expected and honestly had bids all lined up for other listings but beyond excited this got through. Have to agree with others that its either the time of year or Disney has enough Saratoga points at the moment.

Last edited:

I know I could probably find it, but what price was your BLT that got taken back? I'm playing the waiting game now.

Our offer was $143. Our PVB contract came with a bunch more points (234 points that the sellers are paying the dues on), so I feel like we got a much better deal. We had considered offering on another BLT contract, but it felt too likely that it would be gobbled up by Disney.

Per the dvcresalemarket blog entry for August, the highest buyback for their contracts was $143, so we were right on the edge (at least for contracts that go through their site).

Our offer was $143. Our PVB contract came with a bunch more points (234 points that the sellers are paying the dues on), so I feel like we got a much better deal. We had considered offering on another BLT contract, but it felt too likely that it would be gobbled up by Disney.

Per the dvcresalemarket blog entry for August, the highest buyback for their contracts was $143, so we were right on the edge (at least for contracts that go through their site).
Thanks . . .Our offer was above what has historically been bought back, but I am still nervous cuz we never know what Disney will do.

PVB is sneaky good and comparable to BLT. The downside seems to be a lack of a 1BR option. Although, one has to wonder if the construction there is to build out those options to make the resort more attractive. And if they do, if it would be an add on like Jambo and Kidani or a separate one like CCV.

Imagine the value of existing owners if they did an add on like AKL.

Preface: I'm not a fan of 1BR. You pay a lot more for no more beds, and the 2BR option costs 3x what a studio costs. I generally want to travel with a larger group, but paying 3x for 2x beds feels wrong.

I actually don't mind the fact that Poly doesn't have 1BR options, because it means they have a different option that other resorts don't have: adjoining studios. We have an extended family with 10 people that want to travel, and no 2 bedrooms support that capacity. Grand villas would, at a ridiculous 5-6x the cost of a studio. But 2 adjoining 5 person studios in Polynesian would fit everyone (it'll be tight, but we're not in the room much). And with 2 bathrooms per studio it supports better multi-tasking than most studios.

The dues are a little higher than BLT, but the cheaper cost of the contract compensates for that.

UPDATE:

Bruinsguy09---$92-$24821-270-SSR-Jun-0/18, 0/19, 164/20, 270/21- sent 8/28, passed 9/11

This was our first try on buying DVC so we over the moon it worked out. Quicker turnaround than expected and honestly had bids all lined up for other listings but beyond excited this got through. Have to agree with others that its either the time of year or Disney has enough Saratoga points at the moment.

Congrats!!! Both of our SSR contracts, $89 PP and $94 PP, passed within the last two weeks. I also had other contracts already picked out because I was sure Disney was going to take them. I haven't seen anyone list a contract that was taken by Disney in the last two weeks. Sure seems like August was the time to submit. Congrats again!

Preface: I'm not a fan of 1BR. You pay a lot more for no more beds, and the 2BR option costs 3x what a studio costs. I generally want to travel with a larger group, but paying 3x for 2x beds feels wrong.

I actually don't mind the fact that Poly doesn't have 1BR options, because it means they have a different option that other resorts don't have: adjoining studios. We have an extended family with 10 people that want to travel, and no 2 bedrooms support that capacity. Grand villas would, at a ridiculous 5-6x the cost of a studio. But 2 adjoining 5 person studios in Polynesian would fit everyone (it'll be tight, but we're not in the room much). And with 2 bathrooms per studio it supports better multi-tasking than most studios.

The dues are a little higher than BLT, but the cheaper cost of the contract compensates for that.
10 people is hard for DVC. The only 2 bedrooms that sleep 10 are VGF and RIV lockoff 2 bedrooms. 2 PVB studios will be a little cheaper. RIV would be 296 point for standard and 361 for preferred. VGF is 340 for standard and 407 for preferred. A standard studio at PVB is 118 per week lake view is 148 per week so 2 adjoining studios puts you at 236 and 296 points. Cheapest non adjoining options are 2 BWV standard studios at 156 points or L/B view at 214 points per week. Another option is 3 studios at OKW for 228 points. If you had a party of 9 and you got a 2 bedroom at OKW during adventure season it is 217 points per week. The OKW 2 bedroom is huge and you get a full kitchen and laundry. Even AKV 2 bedroom cheaper standard view 220 and Savana view 273 per week. PVB has a point hungry resort due to location.

Last edited:
jamie3631---$150-$8325-50-BWV-Jun-0/18, 50/19, 50/20, 50/21- sent 8/28 passed 9/12

So happy! I know this was high priced so we had a high chance of passing, but we have lost three to ROFR this year. While waiting for this one, we just put in an offer for another one, contract was signed yesterday and should be sent to ROFR next week. This is our third contract, we have one direct and one resale, in total we have lost four to ROFR. My husband has figured out now that I don't become crazy with the ROFR process if we have points available to use. We bought the minimum direct points back in May, after losing the third one to ROFR, I was just exhausted with the process and we knew we would buy minimum direct at some point. I had a trip I was trying to book and needed the points and we just kept losing them all. We weren't really looking for more contracts, but this one came along, then the other one we signed the contract on yesterday, and the process has been so much easier mentally since I'm not needing the points right now to book! So hopefully this will continue to be my excuse to him to let me continue to buy more contracts, as a girl can never have enough...some would think my collection's complete but I want more! (Can you tell I love Ariel!)

Oh great news today it passed on 7/5.

Update

Finally closed on 8/30. The title company was very slow (First American). The points hit the account on 9/11. And now for the magical part. I called Disney and they moved all 200 2018 points that were going to expire on 9/30/19 to my 2019 use year. I was amazed they did this. It felt nice all they wanted was me to be happy and didn't ask for anything in return. All you have to do is ask you never know.

Congrats!!! Both of our SSR contracts, $89 PP and $94 PP, passed within the last two weeks. I also had other contracts already picked out because I was sure Disney was going to take them. I haven't seen anyone list a contract that was taken by Disney in the last two weeks. Sure seems like August was the time to submit. Congrats again!

Your $89pp contract gave me hope lol. I figured no chance but then saw yours come through haha. Thank you!

I haven't seen anyone list a contract that was taken by Disney in the last two weeks. Sure seems like August was the time to submit. Congrats again!
I had noticed a similar trend and started to get optimistic, but unfortunately for me there was at least one they took in the past two weeks. OKW at $87/point, taken on 9/4.

Update

Finally closed on 8/30. The title company was very slow (First American). The points hit the account on 9/11. And now for the magical part. I called Disney and they moved all 200 2018 points that were going to expire on 9/30/19 to my 2019 use year. I was amazed they did this. It felt nice all they wanted was me to be happy and didn't ask for anything in return. All you have to do is ask you never know.
Did you just call DVC member services? It's our first contract and there are 55 points expiring 11/30 ...and with a fast ROFR pass I might actually be able to make a phone call/activate before Dec 2019!

Did you just call DVC member services? It's our first contract and there are 55 points expiring 11/30 ...and with a fast ROFR pass I might actually be able to make a phone call/activate before Dec 2019!
Yes just called them and asked if it was possible. After about 5 min she came back and said it was done. I logged in and the points were already moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter