ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you go into purchasing at the best price you possibly can then you need to remain "distanced" from getting it until it's a done deal. :) Other than my very first resale purchase, which was the first DVC purchase, I've taken that approach anyway. Of course, for me, I don't negotiate quite as well as I've never had one not pass. :rolleyes:
I remain distanced....I guess. To me it's just about numbers so no emotional attachment. For my wife I think she just really felt like she lost future vacations by losing the contracts (feeling a sense of loss not literally losing future vacations)

Great price and subsidized dues! That‘s significant savings, but should the owner ever want to put it back on the market, I‘m not sure a buyer will be easy to find.
This contract was listed for A LONG time but hopefully they never have to sell. Even as a forever rental it’s the best deal in a long time from a length, price per point and low annual dues standpoint.

This contract was listed for A LONG time but hopefully they never have to sell. Even as a forever rental it’s the best deal in a long time from a length, price per point and low annual dues standpoint.
Agreed on all counts. And if buyer keeps it for forty years it’s a non issue. But, for me, one of the great features of DVC is its resale value, which is undermined here by a contract so gargantuan its basically impossible to sell. Or, it could possibly require an even greater price reduction to sell quickly should the need arise, which might ultimately make it the first Aulani contract to get taken. But, if you factor those concerns out, it certainly is a wonderful deal, and they don’t come around too often!

gskywalker---$70-$12752-150-AUL-Feb-0/20, 150/21, 150/22, 150/23- sent 1/18

Ok I did it. I really had planned to not buy anymore because of the Disney cuts but I had put in this offer before and when it was accepted and after some considering of input, the dollars and cents just make too much sense. For us the 11 month mostly just matters at Aulani or at a resort I seemingly can't get like BLT, so we will be really happy to use these points at AKV, fine at SS or OKW and happy to grab them elsewhere. The bright side is they will be so cheap we will be happy to grab some rooms that may cost more points like a theme park view, 1BDRM, etc. PS my wife doesn't know, so "shhhhhhh be vewy, vewy qwiet...I'm hunting wabbits," I mean I am spending what I do my entire life, making my wife happy and loved(and it's worth it).

Last edited:
Eric Smith---$227-$24124-100-VGC-APR-0/19, 0/20, 100/21-seller pays MF '20- sent 1/7

Hopefully I formatted that right. We're really hoping this passes ROFR. We were planning to buy direct at the new Disneyland Tower, but started getting spooked by talk of how high the cost per point would be plus the increase to the 125 point blue card minimum. This fit pretty well for us since our current contract has a March use year.
Update PASSED!

Eric Smith---$227-$24124-100-VGC-APR-0/19, 0/20, 100/21-seller pays MF '20- sent 1/7-passed 1/15

gskywalker---$70-$12752-150-AUL-Feb-0/20, 150/21, 150/22, 150/23- sent 1/17

Ok I did it. I really had planned to not buy anymore because of the Disney cuts but I had put in this offer before and when it was accepted and after some considering of input, the dollars and cents just make too much sense. For us the 11 month mostly just matters at Aulani or at a resort I seemingly can't get like BLT, so we will be really happy to use these points at AKV, fine at SS or OKW and happy to grab them elsewhere. The bright side is they will be so cheap we will happy to grab some rooms that may cost more points like a theme park view, 1BDRM, etc. PS my wife doesn't know, so "shhhhhhh be vewy, vewy qwiet...I'm hunting wabbits," I mean I am spending what I do my entire life, making my wife happy and loved(and it's worth it).
Wow! Great price! I think that’s the lowest I‘ve ever seen! Was said contract your UY, or did you just figure it was still worth it even if the UY was different?

Wow! Great price! I think that’s the lowest I‘ve ever seen! Was said contract your UY, or did you just figure it was still worth it even if the UY was different?
Yes it is my use year. Any contract I have looked at I have made sure it is the same use year. There have been deals I have seen with a different use year but I have just thought I would exhaust all of my use year first and then look elsewhere if needed. After hearing the reasons and experience of others I definitely wanted the same use year if I could at all help it. This one I think had a $90 ask, maybe $95.

Last edited:
culli---$107.5-$39625-350-BWV-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 251/21, 350/22- sent 1/18

Again I offered to pay closing and all MFs for points I'm receiving but don't see it in the contract generated also signed by the buyer...but hey I'm not going to complain and if I missed it they are costs I expected to pay if not.....well woohoo for me

Again I offered to pay closing and all MFs for points I'm receiving but don't see it in the contract generated also signed by the buyer...but hey I'm not going to complain and if I missed it they are costs I expected to pay if not.....well woohoo for me
Since there aren't any banked points you will pay the MF for the 2021 points if its not stated otherwise. Also the contract WILL state who is paying the closing costs, otherwise the title company wouldn't know where to send their bill :-)

Might keep my eyes on whether or not this one goes through.

dvcfanjoe---$95-$8125-75-OKW-Sep-0/19, 75/20, 75/21, 75/22- sent 1/5, taken 1/15. 😞. Holding out hope for the 50 point OKW that accompanied this one that was taken
That's a shame. Was it a 2042 or a 2057 expiry? I wonder if it would've gone through if it was a bigger amount of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter