ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gskywalker---$92-$25610-270-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 270/21, 270/22- sent 12/22, taken 1/6

They apparently messaged me last Wednesday but I never received it. So that is 3 BLT contracts and one AKV contract taken and one Riviera direct contract cancelled because of the benefits being cut. I don't know what to do. I don't believe that it is worth buying DVC any longer. We have an OKW 75 point blue card contract for our AP discounts. My wife wants to wait to buy when things are more normal when "she will feel better about it and not suffer the heartache of losing another contract" and I say if we are buying buy now, not later when it will cost more. Don't care about feelings, care about the dollars and cents. I will say after staying at AK 2 weeks ago we really fell in love which I think is part of the problem. When I bought this one she didn't even want to own there but I thought the deal was too good to not try at least.
I mean you know this was taken because the price was just TOO low. There are plenty of AKV contracts that are still decently priced out there that you can pick up and will pass ROFR. We also fell more in love with AKV after being there last week. I finally got my points loaded from my resale contract yesterday and booked 8 nights at Kidani with my banked 2020 points this morning. I can't wait to go back.

We're also looking at using our Riviera banked 2020 points next January and the top contender is doing a 2-bedroom savannah view at Kidani with my brother and his kids. So yeah, I'm pretty hooked on AKV.

I mean you know this was taken because the price was just TOO low. There are plenty of AKV contracts that are still decently priced out there that you can pick up and will pass ROFR. We also fell more in love with AKV after being there last week. I finally got my points loaded from my resale contract yesterday and booked 8 nights at Kidani with my banked 2020 points this morning. I can't wait to go back.

We're also looking at using our Riviera banked 2020 points next January and the top contender is doing a 2-bedroom savannah view at Kidani with my brother and his kids. So yeah, I'm pretty hooked on AKV.
Right now is the time to buy AKV and SSR. In a few weeks they will probably start buying it back again. I have been paying attention. They rotate the one they focus on buying back and buy back as well the ones that are too cheap. Right now AKV around +/- 100 is passing and seems like SSR is passing again but now not BLT.

Right now is the time to buy AKV and SSR. In a few weeks they will probably start buying it back again. I have been paying attention. They rotate the one they focus on buying back and buy back as well the ones that are too cheap. Right now AKV around +/- 100 is passing and seems like SSR is passing again but now not BLT.
Yes, they took my SS contract, but I got through with $106 at AKV.
I had been shopping HHI, but we fell in love with Riviera while we were in WDW, and wound up buying direct. So now I have to shop vicariously through you wonderful people while I pay some of this off. LOL.

I think you're right though- they haven't really touched AKV sales unless they're below say $95/pp. I wouldn't touch BLT bargains with a ten foot pole- if the price is good, they're probably taking it.

As you said I absolutely knew it was too low and just hoped to get lucky. We had wanted BLT and banked points so when I put in the offer for AKV with no banked points, I just thought I will throw a low ball offer and maybe the counter will be ok but then there was no counter. I am trying to decide on the aulani deal right now. If I don't go forward with it the plan is to not pursue anything for at least a few weeks while we see if we change our minds about not wanting anymore points because of the non covid cuts. I still don't see the point in staying onsite with all the cuts. Better to stay in a high end condo for much cheaper.

How will I be notified whether we passed ROFR? Is it the title company or the agent who notifies me? Do they receive notification from Disney or do they have to call to check? Just curious how the process works. Thanks!

hobbes42---$150-$39939-250-BLT-Mar-0/19, 0/20, 215/21, 250/22- sent 1/11

One more time. Based on recent posts, I don't have a lot of hope on this one.
I would expect this one to pass unless there is a surge of demand for BLT direct, which given the potential impact of the benefit cuts seams unlikely.

How will I be notified whether we passed ROFR? Is it the title company or the agent who notifies me? Do they receive notification from Disney or do they have to call to check? Just curious how the process works. Thanks!

We were notified by our agent at DVC Store (Timeshare Store).

gskywalker---$92-$25610-270-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 270/21, 270/22- sent 12/22, taken 1/6

They apparently messaged me last Wednesday but I never received it. So that is 3 BLT contracts and one AKV contract taken and one Riviera direct contract cancelled because of the benefits being cut. I don't know what to do. I don't believe that it is worth buying DVC any longer. We have an OKW 75 point blue card contract for our AP discounts. My wife wants to wait to buy when things are more normal when "she will feel better about it and not suffer the heartache of losing another contract" and I say if we are buying buy now, not later when it will cost more. Don't care about feelings, care about the dollars and cents. I will say after staying at AK 2 weeks ago we really fell in love which I think is part of the problem. When I bought this one she didn't even want to own there but I thought the deal was too good to not try at least.

I think if you go into purchasing at the best price you possibly can then you need to remain "distanced" from getting it until it's a done deal. :) Other than my very first resale purchase, which was the first DVC purchase, I've taken that approach anyway. Of course, for me, I don't negotiate quite as well as I've never had one not pass. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter