ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What title do they use? Will they use mason?
Yes. Bonnie @ Fidelity recommended Cammy @ Mason for my VGC deal I did last year and for my AKV contract that is in ROFR as we speak. Bonnie has been solid (most people recommend her as one of the better people at Fidelity) and she is nice to speak to and work with. I did have a few issues with my VGC transaction last year and I'm staying on top of this one to keep it from happening again.

Yes, for the simple fact that there are 568 SSR contracts out on the market right now. If a seller rejects your offer or counter too high, move on to the next one. Happy hunting!
I'm curious about where you got this information. Is this amount from all the brokers? Is there a place/website where it's compiled? I have about 15 different brokers bookmarked and was wondering if you also have about the same and actually counted them. Thanks.

Most of them let you put the deposit on a credit card. If you have a rewards credit card with 2 percent cashback it can be worth it to pay a large deposit.
Is there a limit on how much you can put on the card?

I usually purchase my cars by charging the final price to a card. I just call the card to let them know.

Update on one of the two offers I made. I was asked if my offer was a typo and if not they were NOT going to present my offer to the seller. They then invited me to contact them so I could make a respectable offer. As information only the asking price was $181 pp.
I thought they were obligated to present all offers... but don't let that discourage you - their list price is obviously a bit crazy

Yes. Bonnie @ Fidelity recommended Cammy @ Mason for my VGC deal I did last year and for my AKV contract that is in ROFR as we speak. Bonnie has been solid (most people recommend her as one of the better people at Fidelity) and she is nice to speak to and work with. I did have a few issues with my VGC transaction last year and I'm staying on top of this one to keep it from happening again.
Oh good, mine was listed through Bonnie so I assume that’s who I’ll work with. Crossing my fingers they accept!

Is there a limit on how much you can put on the card?

I usually purchase my cars by charging the final price to a card. I just call the card to let them know.
The car dealers don’t charge 3 or 4% surcharge to use a card? Every one I’ve ever dealt with does, which would offset any points.

I'm curious about where you got this information. Is this amount from all the brokers? Is there a place/website where it's compiled? I have about 15 different brokers bookmarked and was wondering if you also have about the same and actually counted them. Thanks.
There’s a website that aggregates all the brokers listings, but it’s blocked here on disboards.

Asking for a friend...if I just made an offer on Fidelity, when will I hear? Also, I could only put in a number, once you talk to the agent do you discuss MF on banked points, closing costs and the service fee?
After we made our offer online, the agent called within a day or two to review the offer and various details, i.e. which party paying MF, closing costs, etc. Once confirmed, the agent then spoke to the seller. We used Fidelity.

I feel like you and I are going to have very similar lineups once all is said and done LOL. AKV will be the next one I get, VGC likely down the line. The one one we'll differ on is Copper Creek. Any other home resorts you planning on getting?

I feel like you and I are going to have very similar lineups once all is said and done LOL. AKV will be the next one I get, VGC likely down the line. The one one we'll differ on is Copper Creek. Any other home resorts you planning on getting?

Four home resorts already feels like it's going to be "fun" to manage but I wont lie, I'm thinking about a few more...

BRV - The 2042 end scares me a bit but if the price were to drop to let's say into the 70s I'd have to consider it. Could be deep value to book family trips for the next 18 years at WL and just enjoy it while it lasts.
OKW(E) - The point charts and the rooms here seem like a huge win. I'd love to have enough points to get a few rooms here every 3 years.
VDH - IF (BIG IF) the price/incentives and the point chart are good it would be hard for me to not have any points here given where we live. VGC will be our number 1 spot but also tempted to own at the OG Disney resort hotel at the OG mouse house (don't let @UrsulaWantsYourSoul know).
Aulani - Lower priority but we'll go every few years so we might want to own here.

Some are just dreaming, but if we get to 2500ish points in the next 10 years might get some of these :)

The car dealers don’t charge 3 or 4% surcharge to use a card? Every one I’ve ever dealt with does, which would offset any points.
Some of the really good cash-back cards exclude car dealerships as well. My 2% on anything Penfed , and my WF both exclude cars.

Four home resorts already feels like it's going to be "fun" to manage but I wont lie, I'm thinking about a few more...

BRV - The 2042 end scares me a bit but if the price were to drop to let's say into the 70s I'd have to consider it. Could be deep value to book family trips for the next 18 years at WL and just enjoy it while it lasts.
OKW(E) - The point charts and the rooms here seem like a huge win. I'd love to have enough points to get a few rooms here every 3 years.
VDH - IF (BIG IF) the price/incentives and the point chart are good it would be hard for me to not have any points here given where we live. VGC will be our number 1 spot but also tempted to own at the OG Disney resort hotel at the OG mouse house (don't let @UrsulaWantsYourSoul know).
Aulani - Lower priority but we'll go every few years so we might want to own here.

Some are just dreaming, but if we get to 2500ish points in the next 10 years might get some of these :)
👀 Yeahhh I don't plan to have that many home resorts hahah. I think my cap is going to be around 1000. I'd like to stay in grand villas here and there but most important to me is getting 2BRs a couple weeks a year. My final planned line up is RIV, AUL, AKL, Poly and VGC that way it covers essentially every location except VB/HHI.

It’s a great site. I’m on it way more than I should be.

I use it to look at VGC daily and I saw a broker recently take a contract that had been on the market for 7 months and INCREASE a $249 contract (previously reduced) to $264 and it now shows as just hitting the market. Real estate is an interesting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter