ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just finished up our Aulani trip and now I get it! I’m on the flight home and already looking for a contract!

Anyone spot a subsidized contract (preferably December or June UY) please drop me a line!

We just finished up our Aulani trip and now I get it! I’m on the flight home and already looking for a contract!

Anyone spot a subsidized contract (preferably December or June UY) please drop me a line!

There are 36 DEC UY’s and 28 JUN UY’s on the market right now. Best of luck!

PS: we chose a second use year for BLT because we got a good price and 2 years of no dues. Almost everyone said having a second use year is no biggie, I can't stand it, it is a pain.
Talk about a pain, I was at 4 UY!

Down to 3 now and looking to buy more points in either of my 2 main UY to eventually sell out of the 3rd once the market rebounds.

I think $141 for a BLT contract is reasonable since recently there have been more than a few accepted at $135 or slightly lower.

I tried to find the broker but could not find any BLT listings for $181.

The asking price for BLT listings are very widespread.
I found that contact using a DVC search engine

Update on one of the two offers I made. I was asked if my offer was a typo and if not they were NOT going to present my offer to the seller. They then invited me to contact them so I could make a respectable offer. As information only the asking price was $181 pp.
Update for the 2nd of the two offers I made (different broker) they countered with $163pp. While at least they countered it is still higher that two other BLT contracts ( those are asking $145 & $155pp) for the same number of points unfortunately they do not match my current use year.

Not looking to pay the $9.14pp full boat dues. Looking specifically for a subsidized contract with $6.87 dues. Much harder to come by.
Fwiw, when I did the math, I couldn’t find a contract that made financial sense for subsidized dues. I just offered on a regular contract yesterday. The dues will be more but I think I’m getting it for $20/pt cheaper—that’ll take 9 years to make up the difference. I’ll probably still look for a sub contract but I didn’t feel like I’d save a ton because the ppp was higher.

Fwiw, when I did the math, I couldn’t find a contract that made financial sense for subsidized dues. I just offered on a regular contract yesterday. The dues will be more but I think I’m getting it for $20/pt cheaper—that’ll take 9 years to make up the difference. I’ll probably still look for a sub contract but I didn’t feel like I’d save a ton because the ppp was higher.
That has always been the typical price difference for Aulani subsidized contracts. Still worth it in the long term IMO, if you were to keep it or sell it. It’ll always be much easier to unload a subsidized contract over a regular one. It has become my favorite contract to own

I joined the party and I think I got a steal!! Took a bunch of searching and offers over the past few weeks. Even have 2021 points I’ll need to use by 7/31/22.

vdangelo239---$103-$5150-50-SSR-Aug-100/22, 50/23, 50/24
Updated with sent date for ROFR - Waiting

vdangelo239---$103-$5150-50-SSR-Aug-100/22, 50/23, 50/24 Sent January 30, 2023

So I recently made an offer on a smaller contract-- pretty low but have seen some pass here for that much. I got a voicemail (didn't answer because honestly didn't want to converse. I prefer email/text.) that said the sellers weren't desperate and had already declined an offer that was higher than mine.....ok....back to the drawing board ;).

That has always been the typical price difference for Aulani subsidized contracts. Still worth it in the long term IMO, if you were to keep it or sell it. It’ll always be much easier to unload a subsidized contract over a regular one. It has become my favorite contract to own
That is EXACTLY my thinking!

The dues will be more but I think I’m getting it for $20/pt cheaper—that’ll take 9 years to make up the difference.
That $20/pt might be worth it, TBH. The "return" on that $20 is about 11%, which is not bad. It's even better when you think of it as an after-tax return.

Of course, you still have to find one, and that might be the hard part.

Can I ask if you have to pay your deposit once your offer is accepted or once it passes ROFR? Just don’t fancy putting a deposit down and then not getting it through as it could prove costly with exchange fees on the refund.

Can I ask if you have to pay your deposit once your offer is accepted or once it passes ROFR? Just don’t fancy putting a deposit down and then not getting it through as it could prove costly with exchange fees on the refund.
Post a deposit when offer is accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter