ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVDISFamily---$110-$19832-160-AKV-Jun-0/22, 316/23, 160/24- sent 1/17, passed 2/7

#2 is good to go! Just one more left.

Side note - Fidelity has been much more responsive this time. Actually beating the board sponsor in responsiveness. I guess telling Bonnie my concerns at the start and asking if they could fix that really helped.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone used Jeffrey Sweet Esq. for closing? I’ve only used Mason which has been a great decision. I’ve heard mediocre things about First American. I can’t recall anyone saying anything positive or negative about Jeffrey Sweet.
I had a good experience with him several years ago. If I remember correctly , could not put deposit on CC

Just out of curiosity, has anyone used Jeffrey Sweet Esq. for closing? I’ve only used Mason which has been a great decision. I’ve heard mediocre things about First American. I can’t recall anyone saying anything positive or negative about Jeffrey Sweet.
We used them for a contract that got taken in ROFR. They were cheaper but we had to send a certified check which took longer.

NVDISFamily---$110-$19832-160-AKV-Jun-0/22, 316/23, 160/24- sent 1/17, passed 2/7

Side note - Fidelity has been much more responsive this time. Actually beating the board sponsor in responsiveness. I guess telling Bonnie my concerns at the start and asking if they could fix that really helped.

Bought two contracts from Bonnie and both experiences have been excellent.

I thought that may be a floor, and quite honestly, if I were to sell, I would expect a good bit more than that. So, as a seller, it tells me to just stay out of the market and maybe just rent points or just keep using them...
I know I'm the voice in the wilderness about this, but I'm always taken aback by the idea of thinking of DVC as an investment or income-producing asset, even in part.

That's not to say that I don't understand or believe that the resale value can go up--it can, and it has. I also understand that DVC rentals can produce decent returns, especially for someone with a long-term holding and correspondingly low cost basis. But for me the value in DVC (or in any timeshare, for that matter) is in the using. In particular, it's that they force me to take more vacations than I would if left to my own devices. Thinking about it as an investment seems to put the cart before the horse, and gives me a reason for not taking that vacation (oooh! I could make some money instead!)

I'd rather stick my investment activity to investments--in my case, mostly boring low-fee stock and bond index funds, held for the long term. I like boring. My timeshares are for taking vacations. If they happen to net a few dollars along the way, fine, but to me that's beside the point.

I know I'm the voice in the wilderness about this, but I'm always taken aback by the idea of thinking of DVC as an investment or income-producing asset, even in part.

That's not to say that I don't understand or believe that the resale value can go up--it can, and it has. I also understand that DVC rentals can produce decent returns, especially for someone with a long-term holding and correspondingly low cost basis. But for me the value in DVC (or in any timeshare, for that matter) is in the using. In particular, it's that they force me to take more vacations than I would if left to my own devices. Thinking about it as an investment seems to put the cart before the horse, and gives me a reason for not taking that vacation (oooh! I could make some money instead!)

I'd rather stick my investment activity to investments--in my case, mostly boring low-fee stock and bond index funds, held for the long term. I like boring. My timeshares are for taking vacations. If they happen to net a few dollars along the way, fine, but to me that's beside the point.

Sorry... did you say something? :P

That is exactly why I purchased. The requirement to take vacations. WDW just happens to be an environment that fits the specific circumstances my wife and I face. We move at different rates of speed so the ability to meet up with ease is a big deal for us.

My day starts at 6 or 7 and hers starts at 10 or 11 and sometimes later so I need to be able to go do stuff without leaving her stuck until I get back.

Even with all of that I would not have taken money out of savings to buy it. I was lucky that I had saved vacation days which upon retirement I was able to get cash for them.

The final added benefit is it can be a nice gift to my daughter and granddaughter.

Going forward I will allocate some funds on a monthly basis into a "vacation fund" to be used for trips with any excess being used for future purchase of additional points.

Sounds that way! We’re waiting on two with the board sponsor, first one submitted on the 16th, second on the 26th…Both needed addendums, with the second being an error on the board sponsors part which they apologised for.

A mixed bag for us so far really, but definitely not as smooth as I’d originally thought it would be.

And that's the end of this story.... for now :)

NVDISFamily---$159-$17491-100-CCV@WL-Dec-50/22, 100/23, 100/24- sent 1/17, passed 2/7

So the question will be... Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge for Christmas 2026...

And this takes me to a nice round 4,000 points:

This brings us up to "only 1630" for now. Might pickup up another 100+ points at CCV in the coming months/years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter