ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm ours went on the 27th of April and we did not hear yet... I can't imagine they would buy it back. $91 for 130pts., Not that great of a deal, also stripped.

They aren't going to have people to sell bought back contracts to. Disney sells direct DVC by hitting the pixie dusted park and cruise line crowds hard. Well the cruise line is shutdown and the park crowds are going to be tiny. Plus, there just is going to be much pixie dust at the parks. The few people they can get interested in purchasing will basically be strong armed into buying only at Riviera. There just isn't going to be much demand for them to start back ROFR.
I agree, it's not going to be an issue IMHO until things really get back to the new normal....Whatever that becomes.

Cruz85---$129-$33238-240-BLT-Mar-0/19, 240/20, 240/21- sent 4/17

I’m not sure how this would get updated but we’re heading into closing without having ever heard anything about ROFR. (First time buyers so we still get a little lost with the whole process.) We submitted the signed closing paperwork and wired the money; seller is going to sign early next week and the deed will be recorded. Then off to Disney and I guess 3-4 weeks after that we should get our points?

I can see why people like buying direct, though the cost savings is worth the extra time! And of course right now we’re dealing with the DVC offices being closed, but in general just being able to pick up the phone, pay the money, and get points almost immediately would be nice!

Cruz85---$129-$33238-240-BLT-Mar-0/19, 240/20, 240/21- sent 4/17

I’m not sure how this would get updated but we’re heading into closing without having ever heard anything about ROFR. (First time buyers so we still get a little lost with the whole process.) We submitted the signed closing paperwork and wired the money; seller is going to sign early next week and the deed will be recorded. Then off to Disney and I guess 3-4 weeks after that we should get our points?

I can see why people like buying direct, though the cost savings is worth the extra time! And of course right now we’re dealing with the DVC offices being closed, but in general just being able to pick up the phone, pay the money, and get points almost immediately would be nice!

You'll probably be thru the process and have your points all while direct sales have been closed.

Sorry to bug you, but there are 96 out of 100 points still available for 2020. I just want to make sure I’m adding it to the list correctly :). The seller paid all of the MFs for the full year of points for 2020? Thanks!
Not @speedyfishy but those 96 points are likely 2021 points borrowed into 2020 since there are only 4 left of the 100 in 2021. Probably why she is not paying 2020 MFs.

Not @speedyfishy but those 96 points are likely 2021 points borrowed into 2020 since there are only 4 left of the 100 in 2021. Probably why she is not paying 2020 MFs.

I thought the same, just wanting to be certain ;). Thanks for your input, though, as I do agree!

yes, @hlhlaw07is correct. I am not paying any 2020 dues since technically the points in 2020s use year are 2021s points. I am paying 2021 dues (I did not receive a credit). But since they were borrowed into 2020 I requested the seller pay closing costs. sorry for the confusion

Wow! How did you get it for that price? And have you heard on the ROFR yet?

it was already listed quite low for a small contract (149$/point), I made a lowball offer at 135 and we settled at 138.
Still waiting for ROFR, I hope I get good news next week. :worship:

I would like to remind everyone that the DIS guidelines require that you post a link to a business that you would like to discuss. Including only a brokers name without the business link would be considered a work around. Businesses are sometimes added to the boards filter, and by including it before posting, it will alert you there could be a change, and if it is blocked out, then that business can not be discussed here on the DIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter