ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking at the dates of passing ROFR. There were a bunch on Tuesday 5/19 and Thursday 5/28 and nothing in between or since. Is this a every 9 day schedule or every-other Tuesday , Thursday schedule Disney is on now? I'm hoping for the latter and we( including I ) see some passes tomorrow.
I keep checking back in with this thread today for this very reason!

Hi guys, we're purchasing our first contract at the moment and we will be at day 30 on 4th June.

I've been following this page and seen that ROFR has slowed down significantly, and a lot of contracts have gone over the 30 day since sent mark.

I'm confused as to why we still have to wait after that point. Disney has 30 days to respond right so after that point they have lost their ROFR? And the process should then be able to progress?

Hi guys, we're purchasing our first contract at the moment and we will be at day 30 on 4th June.

I've been following this page and seen that ROFR has slowed down significantly, and a lot of contracts have gone over the 30 day since sent mark.

I'm confused as to why we still have to wait after that point. Disney has 30 days to respond right so after that point they have lost their ROFR? And the process should then be able to progress?

I believe the language is you need to give them AT LEAST 30 days. Meaning that you can not close earlier than 30 days. If you close on day 31 too bad for them. But they can ROFR the contract up until closing.

You don't have to wait after Disney has had 30 days but I am at 34 days and the broker and title company will not move forward with closing until they hear from Disney. I have asked to move forward and have been refused.

I believe the language is you need to give them AT LEAST 30 days. Meaning that you can not close earlier than 30 days. If you close on day 31 too bad for them. But they can ROFR the contract up until closing.

Correct...and they can take up to closing. Most brokers put losing out for around 60 days

Lorana---$134-$14835-100-CCV@WL-Sep-100/19, 200/20, 100/21- sent 6/2

Woohoo!! Not quite as low as I wanted, but it's a small 100 point contract, so I'm super excited I managed to land this one, especially fully loaded. I recognize the Banked 2018 Points in 2019 will likely expire before I can use them, unfortunately, but maybe I'll be able to rent them out.

Lorana---$134-$14835-100-CCV@WL-Sep-100/19, 200/20, 100/21- sent 6/2

Woohoo!! Not quite as low as I wanted, but it's a small 100 point contract, so I'm super excited I managed to land this one, especially fully loaded. I recognize the Banked 2018 Points in 2019 will likely expire before I can use them, unfortunately, but maybe I'll be able to rent them out.

Congrats! That is starting to get down there and where I might be able to convince my other half to jump at a contract! It’s about exactly what I’m after, of course, if I could swing one with a few more points that’d be ok too. 😂

Congrats! That is starting to get down there and where I might be able to convince my other half to jump at a contract! It’s about exactly what I’m after, of course, if I could swing one with a few more points that’d be ok too. 😂
For those wondering, this was listed at $148. I offered $129. They countered $134, and I briefly debated trying to get it a little lower to $132, but then realized that $200 was not worth the risk of losing out on this contract. I definitely felt the time ticking considering it's a loaded 100-point contract at a reasonable price, and was certain I wouldn't be the only one jumping on it. I feel like I got super lucky, because it was originally posted as "Disney's Wilderness Lodge Villas" which made me think Boulder Ridge when it appeared. But when I saw the price per point, I decided to touch base with the broker to see if it was actually a mis-labeled Copper Creek, since I couldn't imagine someone putting BRV up for $148/point. And lucky for me, it was CCV!

Our long term strategy is to eventually add enough Copper Creek to cover our existing BRV points once that resort ends, as we love the Wilderness Lodge and know we will want to stay there beyond 2042. So I'm not in a rush, but AM willing to jump on a good deal. I was hoping for some really good direct CCV incentives - our direct contract is BRV, so we'll want another direct at some point to keep the AP discounts beyond 2042 - but I'm unlikely to pick up direct points in the short term now that I've put an offer on this contract. But we may buy into Reflections so that may be our future direct. 2042 is still a long way off, after all.

This does mean I need to push off some home improvements we were going to do with that money, though!

I inquired on this one but since the broker said they would only go to 110$ and I wasn’t ready to make an offer so I didn’t. I’m glad you got this one! Well almost ☺
I tried early last week . I bid $98 and was countered $109( listed $111). I countered $101 and they would not come down. Came back Saturday and bid $106, after 2 days received counter of $107. The $175 or .9% of cost was more important to seller than me, so accepted. This was use year I was looking for as well as perfect amount of points, so don't feel bad not getting lower price. I also plan on renting the banked points which will lower cost of points into $90's

I tried early last week . I bid $98 and was countered $109( listed $111). I countered $101 and they would not come down. Came back Saturday and bid $106, after 2 days received counter of $107. The $175 or .9% of cost was more important to seller than me, so accepted. This was use year I was looking for as well as perfect amount of points, so don't feel bad not getting lower price. I also plan on renting the banked points which will lower cost of points into $90's
I guess I can cross this one off my list as well. Out of curiosity, did you put any bids on the other 175 point June AKV contract on that site?

I was looking at postings again. There are a couple older ones but then it's 4/27 & 4/28, hopefully this week. Thursday??

I guess I can cross this one off my list as well. Out of curiosity, did you put any bids on the other 175 point June AKV contract on that site?
No , I didn’t bid on the other one. The banked points were key for me at this price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter