ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious... Does anyone think that disney will start to strongly execute their ROFR on resales after the 4/4/16 revision? My resale was supposed to be sent on 3/31/16 but due to the failure of the seller signing in time I the renegotiated for a lower per point cost. Now I wonder if it will "red flag" disney into taking it. Plus if Disney wants to increase their direct sales I wonder if they will seek out older resorts to sell. What do you think!

For those looking for verification on the grandfathering policy - we ended up calling DVC and basically hounding them until we got an email that referenced our contract number and said it was grandfathered. I wasn't happy with the "received" wording being so ambiguous so we felt it was worth the effort to get them to put it into writing.

Just curious... Does anyone think that disney will start to strongly execute their ROFR on resales after the 4/4/16 revision? My resale was supposed to be sent on 3/31/16 but due to the failure of the seller signing in time I the renegotiated for a lower per point cost. Now I wonder if it will "red flag" disney into taking it. Plus if Disney wants to increase their direct sales I wonder if they will seek out older resorts to sell. What do you think!

I really think the Rofr process is a scare tactic rather than a real threat. They are not very active buying much of anything back. They would much rather sell Polly points.

It seems pretty rare that they buy stuff back. I get the sense they are buying even fewer back after the announcement... That said I'm on day 22 and I'm incredibly nervous that they take mine and I lose out on the benefits haha.
Objectively its really low odds that they take it from you, but I feel your nervousness. :-)

The new restrictions are irrelevant to that process.

I really think the Rofr process is a scare tactic rather than a real threat. They are not very active buying much of anything back. They would much rather sell Polly points.

It has to be enough of a price difference or matching what someone needs on the wait list. They do buy back contracts regularly but only if the price is right. It's done both to make money and ensure the properties retain their value.

DVD always does what ever is in their best financial interest. In a general sense, that's the only criterion.

Hi All -
We received exciting news - we passed ROFR!!!
bristowe-$98-$15,095-140-BWV-SEP-140/16, 140/17, 140/18, sent 3/23, passed 4/18, received email from broker Kevin *****, Disney Vacation Club Resales at 11:40 a.m.!!

We want to celebrate but are still looking for real documentation that we are grandfathered in. Kevin says we are and sent me a copy of what Disney sent to them but it's not on letterhead. So I have another email into him asking if it will be in our contract. I said I am sure he would want something more solid if the situation was reversed. Right in the acceptance note it says:
As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers.Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits.

DVD is not responsible for confirming the amount of the current year’s allotment of Vacation Points from the Ownership Interest that may currently be available for use by Buyer(Grantee). Buyer (Grantee) is solely responsible for confirming with Seller (Grantor) the amount of Vacation Points currently available for use.

Do you see how it doesn't specify "contracts received after April 4th"? I will probably need to post this in another forum to find someone who is further along in the process. Thanks to all for your help and support!
CONGRATULATIONS :flower:!

Yes, please let us know how that verification turns out.

gr8tdame---$102-$22,136-200-BWV-DEC- 200/14, 200/15, 200/16, sent 3/24-taken 4/19

Boardwalk- taken
Still waiting on AKV
These would be my first DVC purchase...hope AKV passes so that I can be grand fathered in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter