Riviera Sales by the numbers (vs CCV) for 2019 - (December added 1/16/2020)

Maybe sales are not terrible enough for them to leave it on. Who knows it can also change with the coronavirus outbreak. Not sure how it will directly affect sales or if it will temporary hinder riviera sales depending on how bad it spreads?

Not sure if anyone else reported this - I tried to look back, but by far the strongest numbers for Riviera in January of any month to date.

181,000 points sold, with that being 81% of total sales. I would say Disney is VERY happy with those numbers. If they can maintain anywhere close to that, I'd say there's zero chance resale restrictions are lifted.

Not sure if anyone else reported this - I tried to look back, but by far the strongest numbers for Riviera in January of any month to date.

181,000 points sold, with that being 81% of total sales. I would say Disney is VERY happy with those numbers. If they can maintain anywhere close to that, I'd say there's zero chance resale restrictions are lifted.
February sales numbers should be interesting. January numbers would represent December sales right? That would be the first real month of sales data with the resort actually being open if thats how numbers are reported.

February sales numbers should be interesting. January numbers would represent December sales right? That would be the first real month of sales data with the resort actually being open if thats how numbers are reported.

Yes, the January numbers roughly coincide with December buys.

The idea that Riviera sales are soft is a complete misinterpretation of the data. Looking at the the last three resorts over the first 8 months of sales for each resort the data says this:

Poly sold 539,108 points in eight months
Copper Creek sold 445,376 points in eight months
Riviera sold 787,623 points in eight months

Sales of Riviera were 46% better than Poly and 56% better than copper creek over the first eight months.

The resale restrictions are not hurting. Sales are robust and outperforming the last two offerings by massive amounts.

Last edited:
recording dates 2020-02-01 to 2020-02-29
resortpoints% total
AKV4,1202.4%
BCV7660.4%
BLT3,2081.8%
BRV2760.2%
BWV2,2211.3%
CCV4,3192.5%
OKW5,5713.2%
PVB1,9531.1%
RVA139,23079.9%
SSR10,2395.9%
VGF2,2881.3%
So 9,000 lower than last February for CCV(148,000)? How does this compare to March 2018 for CCV? That would be the March after CCV opened in 2017. If I had to make a guess it seems RIV sales are fine for February. I'm also wondering what the numbers are for a new DVC in its 1st, 2nd, and 3rd month being open is?

139K points are a very solid number. Especially when you factor how the Virus effected the general public. People are going to slow down discretionary spending as this Pandemic continues to grow. I expect sales will take a huge hit the next couple/three months. There will those that will use it a proof RIV is not doing good, but do not be fooled. We are heading for uncertain economic times, and only time will tell how all this will sort out.

139K points are a very solid number. Especially when you factor how the Virus effected the general public. People are going to slow down discretionary spending as this Pandemic continues to grow. I expect sales will take a huge hit the next couple/three months. There will those that will use it a proof RIV is not doing good, but do not be fooled. We are heading for uncertain economic times, and only time will tell how all this will sort out.
I don’t think any impact from the virus would show up in those numbers. I have read recording dates trail the actual sales by at least a month.

More like 2 weeks, but your point is well taken.
But news of the outbreak was already all over the news and people were already taking notice. So yes, I am sure it did effect discretionary spending in Feb.

Last edited:
More like 2 weeks, but your point is well take.
But news of the outbreak was already all over the news and people were already taking notice. So yes, I am sure it did effect discretionary spending in Feb.
Idk I'd say the outlook has changed massively in the last 2 weeks. Having just bought ourselves, and looking to buy resale, that is definitely on hold now but our outlook was completely different in February Versus the last 2 weeks heck even the last 7 days.

I'm also wondering what the numbers are for a new DVC in its 1st, 2nd, and 3rd month being open is?
I've pulled the numbers for poly, ccv, and Riviera comparing the first 8 months of sales (ignoring the actual month and only looking at month1, month 2 etc.) Riviera won every month, most by wide margins. Sales are very strong compared to past resorts. Riviera sold nearly 790k points in that 8 month period compared to 540k for poly and 445k for CCV.

I've pulled the numbers for poly, ccv, and Riviera comparing the first 8 months of sales (ignoring the actual month and only looking at month1, month 2 etc.) Riviera won every month, most by wide margins. Sales are very strong compared to past resorts. Riviera sold nearly 790k points in that 8 month period compared to 540k for poly and 445k for CCV.
I honestly think its selling so well because this is the first new "Epcot" Resort. MK has had Poly, BLT, CCV, and VGF. Epcot hasn't had a new resort for a long time for DVC. Most younger don't want one with an expiration date of 2042.

I can only imagine how high Riviera would be selling if it didn't have resale restrictions.

I really hope it isn't selling so well because DVC isn't telling normal people who don't do tons of research about the restriction. But part of me says they aren't telling people which is grossly wrong.

So 9,000 lower than last February for CCV(148,000)? How does this compare to March 2018 for CCV? That would be the March after CCV opened in 2017. If I had to make a guess it seems RIV sales are fine for February. I'm also wondering what the numbers are for a new DVC in its 1st, 2nd, and 3rd month being open is?

i think given the different product those look good I don’t agree that it has to beat all previous resorts but rather stay competitive.

Almost 80% of all points were RIV which is in line with some historical sales.

i think given the different product those look good I don’t agree that it has to beat all previous resorts but rather stay competitive.

Almost 80% of all points were RIV which is in line with some historical sales.
I totally agree, those that say it is not selling well haven't been following the data so far. Feb was a big outlook on its sales and they are still strong. What happens in the next 2 or more months with the virus won't matter since its not the restrictions that will cause a dip.

I really hope it isn't selling so well because DVC isn't telling normal people who don't do tons of research about the restriction. But part of me says they aren't telling people which is grossly wrong.

As I recall from our signing the documents, they pointed out the resale restriction and we may have signed one paper acknowledging it. Granted, some people may not understand the potential effect of the restriction and just assume it’s normal for all contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter