Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked again backup and the notifications we’re still up.

I actually restarted the app at one point during the regular distribution since I couldn’t believe they were still available. Notification did pop up eventually though

Wednesday mornings, everyone! 🎉

But also, 8am opening, early close tonight for ticketed event, and it’s February 12...

A fun exercise in ROTR BG behavior (and Disney crowd patterns in general) will be to compare this week (traditionally one of the lowest of the year) to next week (usually a hot mess, but it seems like Disney has figured that out and is better-prepared?)

Side note: I’m planning to take my daughter over after school today to get the Creatures of Batuu guide; I hope it’s still there!

We are heading up tonight and going to try to ride tomorrow. I have been reading this thread every day since it started so I feel I'm as prepared as I can be. My husband and I will both try on our IPhones and I downloaded the app on my work IPhone for my 9 year old to try with. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

I was about to click Join Boarding Group again while I was playing along from home and the main page showing the Current Land Status etc. had the message change to say something like all the regular boarding groups had been distributed, and I would be placed in a backup group. It was in the paragraph text, so I could've easily missed it if it hadn't changed while I was looking at it.

ETA: I've now been getting a popup message 15 min later, as well.
Sometimes I get the pop up and sometimes I don't, but the front page (Find out more) message does change to say:

"Due to the attraction's incredible popularity, we are now distributing backup boarding groups that will only be called if all of the initial planned boarding groups have been called back and there is capacity for more riders this evening.

Sometimes I get the pop up and sometimes I don't, but the front page (Find out more) message does change to say:

"Due to the attraction's incredible popularity, we are now distributing backup boarding groups that will only be called if all of the initial planned boarding groups have been called back and there is capacity for more riders this evening.
I've been reading along since the first day, but it was interesting to finally play along. I can definitely see now how fascinating this whole process is, and why practicing is important. I don't travel until May, but I'm glad my first practice session was on the day regular BGs lasted so long. Otherwise, I would definitely be thinking it was user error if I didn't get the red button.

So my app didn’t even say they were available yet (the button wasn’t lit up) and people around me where shouting yes I got x boarding group ect and still nothing. I refreshed 3 times and finally got like 57? Don’t know why my button was so slow

So my app didn’t even say they were available yet (the button wasn’t lit up) and people around me where shouting yes I got x boarding group ect and still nothing. I refreshed 3 times and finally got like 57? Don’t know why my button was so slow
Did you click on “my status” and see if it let you join from there? That’s how we got ours last week.

Best practice seems to be to NOT go into the "Find out More" page until after the seconds tick down to park open. It seems that many phones will cache the boarding group page and so you will not see the red/orange button until you restart the app.

If you do go into "Find out More" and see a grey button, best practice seems to be to hit "My Status" and see if the button to Join a Boarding Group is active there. If it is, use it. If it is not, back out and check the front page again and if not active, close out and restart. Apple users seem to have a better chance at seeing a real refresh going back and forth between the Find Out more and My Status pages than Android users.

That said, 57 is not a bad group - they've always gotten up past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter