Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can very easily alter the language in ads as things change. It's done all the time.
They can. But Disney ads are not just for today. I am not saying that Disney is not being shady. But I don't think advertising a potentially short term process is workable. I mean, they don't advertise that rides will be down. "Come visit Disneyland, except for Haunted Mansion". That is a relatively short term thing.

They can. But Disney ads are not just for today. I am not saying that Disney is not being shady. But I don't think advertising a potentially short term process is workable. I mean, they don't advertise that rides will be down. "Come visit Disneyland, except for Haunted Mansion". That is a relatively short term thing.
Um. They sure did a good job, thru ads and pr, putting the word out about how the opening of SWGE was being handled. So good it backfired. Seems to me they are overcompensating for that error in judgment now.

Um. They sure did a good job, thru ads and pr, putting the word out about how the opening of SWGE was being handled. So good it backfired. Seems to me they are overcompensating for that error in judgment now.
Yes, but SWGE at DL had a definite time frame. And they were trying to incorporate past experiences as best as possible like CarsLand at DCA and Pandora at AK.

This does not involve a whole new land and, to some degree, they are figuring things out as they go along with BGs. I suspect they do not yet know what they are going to do with BGs. And are trying to keep their options open.

Best Tuesday on record. Only 1.25 hours of down time. Kissed the all time high. The slightly early stop makes me wonder if they only issued 127 BGs today. Anyone hear from someone whose BG was not called?
Tomorrow and Thursday are 8AM opens due to sweetheart events. It will be interesting to see how the attraction does on those short days. Last time they had an evening event they went with 42 regular groups. Curious to see if they do that again...But today was definitely a good day with only one breakdown.

I'm trying not to get too anxious about getting a BG - going to be in the parks Fri-Mon and I am WORRIED about crowds and BG numbers. I need to trust that you guys have taught me well!

We will be there Sat-Mon. I am pretty sure this will be my husband’s only opportunity to ride - he and our daughter are the big SW fans in our family. We
have APs but he ended up being recruited back onto a team last summer for a sport he had just retired from, two weeks after we purchased his AP. It’s his only weekend off for a long time. I am really hoping all of my time on DIS reading this thread will pay off!! Good luck to you!

I guess I don’t get why the ads and wording are being debated here. It should not be our concern. Let the ads say whatever they want....the advantage goes to those here on DIS and this thread who have taken the time to research and practice and share. We’ve earned it! Making it more “fair” to everyone who just walks up to the gate diminishes the DIS factor.

Can someone link me to a post/thread or explain how to book a BG for multiple people? I understand that I need to be in the park and then try to get into a BG on the app at the park's opening time, but I'm not sure how to get both my friend and I into the same BG. We both have socal season passes and plan on going on a weekday so hopefully it won't be too crazy. I've never used Maxpass before so I'm not quite familiar with the app except for using it to check wait time. TY in advance for any help!

I couldn't bring myself to read the over 200 replies to search for an answer to this:
I'll be onsite with early entry. Does early entry get a stab at the boarding groups or are boarding groups not available until it opens to the public?
No need to read through the entire thread for the answer -- you'll find the answer on the first page in the FAQs (post 2):
  • Boarding Groups are joined via the Disneyland App at official park opening or at a FP machine at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters or Splash Mountain

Hi all- Trying to link tickets for our travel group in the app and having a tough time. Silly question but do we have to scan into parks in order to link tickets? (I’m trying via annual pass ID number not bar code)
Thanks for any help~

Can someone link me to a post/thread or explain how to book a BG for multiple people? I understand that I need to be in the park and then try to get into a BG on the app at the park's opening time, but I'm not sure how to get both my friend and I into the same BG. We both have socal season passes and plan on going on a weekday so hopefully it won't be too crazy. I've never used Maxpass before so I'm not quite familiar with the app except for using it to check wait time. TY in advance for any help!

-Go in the app.
-Look at the bottom right hand corner and click on the 3 lines.
-Click on Tickets and Passes
-Click on Link Tickets & Passes
-Scan the bar code or manually enter the ID number of all the tickets you want to be linked (in your case yours and your friends)

They had the leaflets since opening (unless they ran out), they were passing them out to people in line opening day.
We also got those at the parking structure two weeks ago.

I just got an email advertising ROTR and the SoCal ticket offer. There's no mention of the BG system in the email itself...
I got that email, too, and noticed that there's no mention of today's price increase. Obviously this email was drafted before the increase was announced, but I think that would also be helpful information for anyone who doesn't qualify for the promotion or would be bringing family/friends who don't qualify. More Disney fun and games...

They based that on this: “We saw tons of people around us receive error messages doing this and suspect the app gets confused when the same party attempts multiple simultaneous entries.”

I think they’re wrong.
Agree. But I can guess what kind of people the reporter saw receiving the error messages. We've seen so many people in City Hall and Chamber of Commerce lately complaining and ranting about how their phones/apps messed up their BG chances. And when you listen to the stories? Most of the time (from what we've heard), the "errors" are user errors which could have been avoided easily with a little research. One group of young women was irate because they all logged in on their apps separately and didn't get a BG together! (Well, they didn't get a BG at all between the 3 of them because they wasted too much time trying to add their friends who weren't linked.) The CM was having quite a time trying to explain that they could link their tickets in one app and try from 3 phones logged into that one app. Did.not.compute. Sigh...

I prefer

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue beginning at park open. If the virtual queue is utilized, your position in the virtual queue will be determined by your ability to research the process, operate technology, the prevailing wind, and a little bit of dumb luck."

Or, for better entertainment value

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue beginning at park open. Your position in the virtual queue will be determined by your sad devotion to that ancient religion and having clairvoyance enough to locate stolen data tapes. Your ability to destroy planets will not be taken into consideration. Be careful not to choke on your aspirations."

Or,

"Guests may be required to join a virtual queue by engaging in technological combat with other guests."
I vote for #3! Will lightsabers also be provided? I want to ward off other guests who might be slowing down my data speed.

Try this: Star Wars Rise of Resistance Disneyland Strategy Guide - Disney Tourist Blog
Don't worry about MP because you won't need it to get a BG. The DLR app alone will be fine. If you want to purchase MP and use it for the day, read this thread and ask all your MP questions there: Maxpass/Fastpass Superthread: an overview and some strategy

Hi all- Trying to link tickets for our travel group in the app and having a tough time. Silly question but do we have to scan into parks in order to link tickets? (I’m trying via annual pass ID number not bar code)
Thanks for any help~
As of maybe a year ago, I couldn’t get my daughter’s AP to link to my account with her ID; I had to scan the barcode. Not sure why, but use a pic of the barcode if you can...

Last edited:

There were literally signs on the STREETS around Disneyland announcing that. You know, those temporary signs put up when there is road work being done to alert drivers? Yeah, those signs. They said something like "Advance reservations required to visit Star Wars Galaxy's Edge."

They could at least put those back up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter