Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do they start scanning people in at the DTD Monorail entrance? If your ticket is scanned there, does that count you as "in the park"? Could one conceivably do this in time to get a BG at park open?

Yes, it is an official Disneyland entrance gate, but they do NOT open the gate before park opening most days. Usually they wait until official park opening. Even if you were the first in line, it may not be fast enough.

What time do they start scanning people in at the DTD Monorail entrance? If your ticket is scanned there, does that count you as "in the park"? Could one conceivably do this in time to get a BG at park open?
The thread title encourages everyone to look at posts #1-3. See below.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I join a boarding group?
  • You must enter Disneyland Park to join a boarding group, you do not have to stay inside Disneyland once you are scanned in. You can hop over to DCA or head into Downtown Disney. Please note that the Monorail entrance is not advisable for use as it typically does not open until the park officially opens.

We were there Saturday, got in line at 6:30. Then 2 of our party of 4 headed to Starbuck's to get our mobile order while the other 2 waited. We got back in about 20 minutes (Starbucks was pretty slammed and running a bit behind). The lines were getting pretty long but we were inside the Monorail track so I didn't see how bad it got behind us. They started scanning people in around 7:25 or so I think, it was a bit hard to tell as the front was pretty packed so we didn't start moving right away. We got scanned in about 7:30 and headed to Great Moments with Mr Lincoln but it wasn't open yet. We just hung out outside and they opened about 7:50 so we went inside were it was warm and sat on a bench and waited. We got MP for Space for 8:10 to make sure we were all logged into the park correctly. Right at 8, we hit the link and got BG 11. We then went to Space and rode (standby was already 60 min), were checking out Star Trader and our BG got called. There was no wait, we walked all the way through the queue and got right in. I think we were done with the ride about 9:30. It was amazing! We're going back on the 29th with my mom so hope we'll have the same good luck then.

Yes, there are separate lines for MM. Look for signage above the entrance gates for which ones are MM vs which say Entrance for non- MM guests. When I was there a couple of weeks ago MM gates were on the left of center closest to downtown Disney and regular gates were right of center but things can change as that is opposite of how it’s been in the past.
I was going to post that my recent experience was MM on the right, so definitely make sure to read the signs above the entrance gates.

Sent wife on next as we’re doing a rider swap.
Please explain rider swap on RotR. My nephew would like to do the ride but he always brings his Sweet Pea with him. We were talking about bringing grandma to babysit, but maybe there's a more efficient way.

What is up with the park hours? I expected a 9am open today. And I just checked 2/19 (Wednesday) because I was supposed to go with a friend to try for the ride and it’s also an 8am open?

What is up with the park hours? I expected a 9am open today. And I just checked 2/19 (Wednesday) because I was supposed to go with a friend to try for the ride and it’s also an 8am open?

I’m there next week too and from reading things, it’s “Ski Week” in a few places with schools out for the week.

Some schools are off today. For Wednesday and Thursday this week the 8am openings are cause the park is closing at 8pm for the hard ticket sweethearts night (9pm-1am). Next week they are on full schedule since a number of schools are off the whole week.

Same! I didn't realize it was an 8AM open today. Must be because next weekend is a long weekend? So I missed my practice time and watching all the fun unfold...

Edit: Forgot about the Sweetheart events this week...

But, in other news, they still have backups available at 8:47

Last edited:

It's a holiday for some people -- Lincoln's Birthday -- so I'm guessing that's why. Our kids have the day off school, so that's why we picked this weekend to come.

Clearly a lot of people just assumed a 9:00 open based on how long the backup groups lasted.

As a new data point, we had boarding group 11 today and headed over shortly after our group was called. At 9:02 when we scanned in, there were still backups available. Out of curiosity I decided to see if it would let me get another boarding group. I tried to join and it didn't give me the usual "You're already in a boarding group" screen. It let me select my tickets and click the "Join Boarding Button". Only then did a popup appear that said something like "Unfortunately due to demand we are unable to accommodate individuals already in boarding group." After I backed out, at that point the backups were finally gone.

Last edited:
It is interesting to note that, with regard to up-time percentage, The three worst days on record occur on Sundays.

The three best days on record occur on Mondays. We've only had three Mondays (today is the fourth).

It is hard to see this as a random thing, though it might me. If the pattern holds for a few more weeks, though, I'm really going to be scratching my head.

I am a Canadian about to buy a US SIM card for use during my trip to the parks starting on Wednesday. I can buy one that uses AT&T or TMobile and I remember PPs mentioning which carrier they had success with but don't know if there was a consensus? I think I read that AT&T is the official carrier of Disney? Does that make a difference in speed/accessibility. I was at the parks in October and had a horrible time trying to use the park wifi on my Canadian carrier (near impossible for some reason) so I'm hoping to avoid it and just rely on some good American data...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter