Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought from Amazon a card from Gig Sky. This allows you to use it in multiple places around the world, and then activate a plan when you need it. This is data only, no voice - but who actually 'calls' on their phone anymore? We use iphones that are older, but apparently it is even easier on the newer ones with Gig Sky.

i don't know why i didn't think of this before - i could get a SIM for my old simless iphone 6. Then i could get a voice package with my 'real' phone with my 'real' carrier and use the old iphone for data.

So I am going to make a hypothesis I'm hoping the group can crowdsource-confirm:

If going on a NON MM/EMH day (M-W-F-Sun) and inside the park at opening, a prepared visitor could get a guaranteed boarding group OR a backup boarding group under BG 100.

Based on the spreadsheet being built over the past 4 weeks, and boarding groups on non-MM/EMH days lasting 20-30 minutes, if you're in the park and pushing all the right the buttons at opening, I believe you could be "pretty sure" of riding that day.

I know nothing is certain, YMMV, and holidays would throw that assumption out the window, but would that hypothesis generally prove true?

PHXscuba
Eh, I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s true for all non-MM days, particularly Sundays...

I think a bigger predictor of success at this point is the number of phones in your group. If someone tells me they’ve got a group of six people who all know what they’re doing trying at rope drop? I’d absolutely take the bet that they’re getting a guaranteed BG on any day, MM or not. But a single person? Or just two, maybe? That starts to get more dicey for sure, and the lack of competition on MM days becomes more favorable.

There have definitely been a few days where it’s pretty certain that everyone in the park when it opened got to ride if they waited long enough. The first time that happened was a Wednesday, and I’d say it’s more likely to be the case on a non-MM.

You also have to factor in the difficulty of getting into the park on time and all of that...

Lets hope didn't just jinx it.
Yeah, at this point I know the ride has a mind of it's own. I'm not that superstitious. I tend more towards conspiracies. Like Disney is watching us get optimistic in our posts, so they decide to shut the ride down, to teach us all a lesson.

But seriously....I think the ride has a basic difficulty in operating for more than few hours without a breakdown, and I don't think there has been one yet today. Meaning with every passing minute, the chance of it going down increases exponentially. But for now, it's on a roll.

That's one of the metrics I'm most curious about. The highest # of continuous hours it has operated at any time, prior to breaking down. If they hope to have any chance of significantly exceeding the roughly 120-130 max groups called to date, the offline time really has to get to 1-2 hours a day at most. That means 1 breakdown max per day, since each one of those can be 90 minutes to even 4 hours, as happened yesterday.

Yeah, at this point I know the ride has a mind of it's own. I'm not that superstitious. I tend more towards conspiracies. Like Disney is watching us get optimistic in our posts, so they decide to shut the ride down, to teach us all a lesson.

But seriously....I think the ride has a basic difficulty in operating for more than few hours without a breakdown, and I don't think there has been one yet today. Meaning with every passing minute, the chance of it going down increases exponentially. But for now, it's on a roll.

That's one of the metrics I'm most curious about. The highest # of continuous hours it has operated at any time, prior to breaking down. If they hope to have any chance of significantly exceeding the roughly 120-130 max groups called to date, the offline time really has to get to 1-2 hours a day at most. That means 1 breakdown max per day, since each one of those can be 90 minutes to even 4 hours, as happened yesterday.
I seem to remember seeing over 8 hours of contiguous operation on one day when the thing was a mess in the morning, but came up around noon and went straight on till they stopped calling at 8:30.

At 74 at 1:55. Only 7 more until the backups. Here's hoping that the Monday Magic continues.

Yes, we are in San Diego and my friends who live in Rancho Santa Fe and their kids go to public school are out this week. I’m not sure which district they’re in. Our ski break is next week.
Not San Dieguito SD as we're in session. Unless my kid's out there doing who knows what this week!

I passed all the tips from this thread onto my DD (22) who is at Dland today with her boyfriend. They arrived on MS at 7:45am. At 8am they hit the Join Boarding Group button and got BG 45. They rode ROTR around noon today. A soon as they got off the ride, she texted me the following - "That was the most mind blowing, incredible ride I have ever been on, period." Thanks to all for sharing your best practices for BG success. I can't wait to go myself this summer.

Hi everyone! New to this forum - AP holder since September, first time in my life (haha, 35 years old).

My wife and 4 year old are headed to DL on Wednesday. I’ve seen a few posts about “rider switch” or “child swap” on ROTR. can anyone who has done this at Disneyland confirm that it is being allowed? And elaborate on how it’s done? Official website does not list it as a rider switch ride and most posts on the web refer to WDW. If this info is elsewhere then I apologize and please point me in the right direction.

Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter