Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT TURNS OUT that my daughter has no school on the 17th! pixiedust:

So, we will be there, taking our chances with whatever happens. May the Force be with us.

Please be sure to provide updates on how the process went! I'm going a couple days later and can't wait to hear about your experience - have fun!

Good luck. I wish I could go opening day, but can’t take off of work since I leave for another wdw trip in the afternoon on 1/18. Going to try and ride in the morning on 1/18 before my flight.
We will be at WDW around the same time. We go on the 20th on a red eye

Can anyone recall if you could join a BG for the land of SWGE on opening day if you had scanned into either park or just DL? I know this is not completely analogous to ROTR, but I can’t recall since we did SWGE during the reservation period. Since they only used BGs on the opening day of the land, maybe no one even remembers, ha ha!!

Can anyone recall if you could join a BG for the land of SWGE on opening day if you had scanned into either park or just DL? I know this is not completely analogous to ROTR, but I can’t recall since we did SWGE during the reservation period. Since they only used BGs on the opening day of the land, maybe no one even remembers, ha ha!!
If I’m recalling correctly from that day, they walked back a certain number of people then the land was full and then the boarding groups started.

Edit: I went back and found my posts from 6/24, they walked people back when it opened at 8am and then flipped over to the boarding groups to enter the land at 8:15ish. So ROTR is not going to be like this was. My guess is they will be following the dhs system.

Last edited:
If I’m recalling correctly from that day, they walked back a certain number of people then the land was full and then the boarding groups started.

Edit: I went back and found my posts from 6/24, they walked people back when it opened at 8am and then flipped over to the boarding groups to enter the land at 8:15ish. So ROTR is not going to be like this was. My guess is they will be following the dhs system.
Thank you for your great details, as always!!

We will be at DLR Feb 5th-10th. Do you think they will still be doing the boarding passes by then?

We will be at DLR Feb 5th-10th. Do you think they will still be doing the boarding passes by then?
I think/hope that they will still be doing boarding groups at least through Spring Break, although Summer wouldn’t surprise me.

I think they will keep doing them until they can hit at least the ride-uptime rates that something spotty like Radiator Springs Racers has. It is basically impossible for someone who isn't intimately involved in the project to predict when that will be.

Where was this posted? I usually don't watch updates for this kind of thing, where is a good place to signup for updates? Was this posted on a blog somewhere?

Where was this posted? I usually don't watch updates for this kind of thing, where is a good place to signup for updates? Was this posted on a blog somewhere?
It was on the Disney parks blog, I can’t find the article now but it said more details coming soon.

Following along with this as we are scheduled to be there Jan 19th and 20th. We were at DW on the first EMH at HS and ended up in BG 2. Got very lucky by checking all the time and got in before they announced it was open. I am hoping for some luck at DL also. I want to book a room for DLH or PP but honestly don't know if its worth it if there is no advantage to being there instead of somewhere cheaper. I am thinking about cancelling and might be forced to do so (work for 49ers and if the win Saturday I have to work the following Sunday) but just thinking it might be pretty packed for the holiday.

Following along with this as we are scheduled to be there Jan 19th and 20th. We were at DW on the first EMH at HS and ended up in BG 2. Got very lucky by checking all the time and got in before they announced it was open. I am hoping for some luck at DL also. I want to book a room for DLH or PP but honestly don't know if its worth it if there is no advantage to being there instead of somewhere cheaper. I am thinking about cancelling and might be forced to do so (work for 49ers and if the win Saturday I have to work the following Sunday) but just thinking it might be pretty packed for the holiday.
Let’s be honest. Your name isn’t “Rich M,” it’s Garrapolo! Lol

This will be a BG for RoTR, not GE, right? Like they've been doing at DHS?

I'm glad to be visiting 5 weeks or so after it opens, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter