Rise of the Genie ???

Im also waiting for the genie to hard sell you on stuff. So, if im in line waiting, it tells me to buy the genie plus, you will save 45 minutes in this line. I can also see it steering you places, so like to the other side of the park with promisses of low line levels. Or to save time at a resturant getting food. Dont gonhere the wait is 48 minutes. Go here instead you will be out in 8 minutes. But it dosen't say the 8 minute one is double the price. When in reality it was just making people walk around to reduce lines for others. I get ots supost to help you out, i dont mond the tracking per say, they did that before. Its the guiding i think i dont like the idea of. I guess as long as its named genie, and not skynet it might be ok. But i have a bad feeling about it. Not sure why exactly. But i do.

I thought I read somewhere that Standby wait times and dynamic pricing for Lightning Lane would be used to control demand. Not sure if it was speculation or experience from DLP where something similar has been implemented. I fully expect pricing on Lightning Lane to be dynamic based on demand/availability. The question is "how" dynamic it will be. If it is based on a full day, the way ticket pricing is, that would be easy to predict, but wouldn't really help with volume/flow throughout the day. If it changes throughout the day, I would be really annoyed if it was really expensive when I purchased it due to demand at that time, but there was no demand (and lower price) when I finally get on the ride.

Devil is in the details and we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. My confidence in Disney IT is not encouraging that this will be dynamic enough to manage demand AND feel like the pricing is equitable.

j

During our travels we have seen the toll lanes in some of the cities, to divert high volume traffic. When we went thru very few people were using it. It was also a dynamic system, was like a dollar fifty to start then we saw it drop to like 30 cents.

PA is looking to fund bridges that need to be replaced by making them toll bridges, localities are protesting as they do not want the added traffic of people looking to avoid one bridge.

Ill be watching! Hope it woks better then there system now. Was in a waiting room for dining for 35 minutes this morning. Then when ot let me in no avalibility. Lol.

You ust gave me a good idea to supplement my trip! I can stand outside and sell bagged lunches, a peanut butter sand with a banana, bag of chips and a drink for 5 bucks. I'll make enough money to be able to afford the new pay to play system! Plus ill have a lunch. Win , win. Or i could go upscale , like the fry festival? The possablilites are endless......

Ok , for this trip, i will be paying for the genie. And maybe a ride or two. I will not be eating at the parks. I will do maybe 2 restaurants for dinner. And one outside of disney. If we need a quick dinner because i dont feel like cooking, we will be heading into town and off disney property to eat. Hell, even wallmart sells fried chicken these days! Some will pay for this stuff, but for me its to the point of very expensive for things that my daughter will outgrow after this year. While i like trips for nostalgia sake, when it gets to a certian point its just not worth it for me. I started a collage fund for my daughter when she was born, maybe i should have started a disney fund for her also, so she can afford to take her future kids.

Publix Fried Chicken is the shiznit.

That's all. That's the post.

Publix Fried Chicken is the shiznit.

That's all. That's the post.

And DD, who is a food snob, LOVES the Publix Southern Potato Salad in the deli too (it has the mustard in it so it's yellow) and oh so good.

Bama Ed

PS - DD can tell the difference in a blind taste test between Publix and WalMart potato salads. She's that good.

Dont judge, its not a thing up in jersey. Kinda like we dont have jack in the box or in and out burger. Its regional.

UGH...don't want to continue off topic....but, you know you live in a place where the entire country is moving to for retirement when you have 5 Publix supermarkets in town (Venice, FL). My parents and I moved there in 1989 (just before my junior year in high school), when there were ONLY two..lol. It has grown a bit....

I will probably give the Genie thing a try, but may not be back for a longish (which is a week to me) visit for 2-3 years as cruise next year and then wanting a non-Disney trip somewhere (Yellowstone-ish) with older son before his busy Senior high school to college summer...anyway, we'll see how that system plays out.

I will probably give the Genie thing a try, but may not be back for a longish (which is a week to me) visit for 2-3 years as cruise next year and then wanting a non-Disney trip somewhere (Yellowstone-ish) with older son before his busy Senior high school to college summer...anyway, we'll see how that system plays out.

I'm watching closely and will be tracking reports in the coming weeks. We have an interesting year of Disney travel ahead. No big long family trip, but four one-on-one trips. DW and I go to celebrate our 20th in December, DW and DD16 go in January, DS12 and I go in May, and DW and DD15 go next October. These short trips mean maximizing time, and thus really trying to leverage Genie+.

The next family trip won't be until summer of 2023 just before our oldest heads off to college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter