Ride share drop off

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
Due to the crazy car rental prices we will probably use either Uber or Lyft from and to MCO. We've only used Uber once while at Disneyland 3 years ago so novices at this.
Where do they drop you off and pick you up at the DVC resorts? Main entrance check in areas or can they drop and pick you up near your room area?
We'll be at the Beach Club Villas so the parking area near the DVC buildings would be much better for us.

Also if we decide to get a Publix grocery delivery do they only deliver to the check in area (lobby)?

We haven't used Lyft from BC, but each resort where we have (Contemp, Poly, Grand) has a designated ride share pick up/drop off area -- generally at or near the main entrance. When we have done grocery deliveries one time, it was at the Poly and they only drop at the main entrance and you have to go and meet the driver and pick up the groceries to get them back to your room. Getting a luggage cart to assist with that.

We haven't used Lyft from BC, but each resort where we have (Contemp, Poly, Grand) has a designated ride share pick up/drop off area -- generally at or near the main entrance. When we have done grocery deliveries one time, it was at the Poly and they only drop at the main entrance and you have to go and meet the driver and pick up the groceries to get them back to your room. Getting a luggage cart to assist with that.
Thank you for the info.

When I stayed at BCV, Uber and Lyft picked me up and dropped me off at the main entrance. I don't recall there being an option of saying to pick me up elsewhere.

I'm not sure how you get to the BCV parking area, because I've never had a car there. Is there a separate gate which can only be opened with a Magic Band? I'm wondering if (a) a rideshare driver would have access, and (b) even if they had access, would they know where to go?

If they have access, it might be easier to get them to drop you off there because you are in the vehicle and can direct them.

When I stayed at BCV, Uber and Lyft picked me up and dropped me off at the main entrance. I don't recall there being an option of saying to pick me up elsewhere.

I'm not sure how you get to the BCV parking area, because I've never had a car there. Is there a separate gate which can only be opened with a Magic Band? I'm wondering if (a) a rideshare driver would have access, and (b) even if they had access, would they know where to go?

If they have access, it might be easier to get them to drop you off there because you are in the vehicle and can direct them.
I believe that only the valet parking lots have gates. For regular guest parking, the only gate is the security guard shack.

Yes - the only gate is the security gate at BC. I expect if they have the name of a guest that they're picking up, security will allow them through for pick-up at the main entrance. Also, groceries will be dropped off at the main entrance. We've done it 2 ways - been there to pick them up, and had them left with bell and then brought to the room later (although that was pre-Covid, so it might have changed, not sure).

They pick you up in the big round entrance to the lobby, where the ME bus used to be. It's not far at all from the DVC entrance. You just go to the outside part instead of inside the lobby. I do it all the time.

They will deliver groceries also at the big round entrance to bell services. I have also met them there to sign for alcohol and load them up on a stroller/wheelchair/luggage cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter