Return to the Scene of the Crime: The Lurkyloos’ First Anniversary at WDW! New VIDEO!

Great update! The photos and ensuing captions were Hee-Hawing funny. I was :rotfl2: :rotfl: and even had one bout of :lmao:

I love the caption contest! I think Nathan's is my favorite (mine also but, I'm biased!). It made me grateful I was reading your blog AFTER my morning tea! My keyboard was also grateful!

DH loved the store window displays. The ones they’ve had at Disneyland for, like, ever, are looking a little worse for wear.

Yeah, ours are lookin' pretty raggedy. Except the vintage ones in the window facing the entrance - those are actually neat!

DH looooves Country Bear Jamboree, and I slept through it on our last visit, so we decided to check it out again.

Is it like the original DL one? That might be something I can tempt Will with... :rolleyes1

From there, it was off to Adventureland and the Tiki Room, which, now that it’s under new management, we don’t so much ride as we do take pictures of the exterior and weep softly to ourselves over the travesty perpetrated on this classic attraction.

Would you believe I saw the 'Under New Management' version before I saw the DL one? I mean, I'm sure I saw it when I was 5, but that doesn't really count. So I was intrigued by how "old school" the original is :rotfl:

dang you and your suspenseful endings!! that cake is soo beautiful, and really making want chocolate 11 at night... must stay strong... good thing it was just a pic!

It was so great to read about your DP. I think I might have mentioned it, but DH and I originally had one of these booked for the next week. We ended up doing the dinner at the GF instead and decided to save it for a future occasion. Your pictures are fantastic and have definitely solidified that we will be doing this for another anniversary :goodvibes We were eating anniversary cake for our entire week too, so I loved seeing your morning after cake shots. That is definitely the best flavor, that's what we ordered again too :yay: I can't believe how much the temperatures changed by the time we arrived that Saturday. You were definitely brave adventuring out in the cold that night.

Looking forward to more!

OMG you can't go wrong with horse poop!!!

I like your country bear pictures. Here is a quick fact for you.

Every time I go into the country bear jamboree with my parents my dad HAS to sing along with Big Al and LOUD. We have the crowd look back at us every time. THERE WAS BLOOOOOOOOOOOD ON THE SADDLE....:rotfl:

Well......

this is from our trip in Sept. Maybe you would be lucky enough for them to place all the stickers on you too! Apparently they put the stickers on the kids because it is much more interesting for them to peel those off then realize they are getting a hair cut.

DSCN3517.jpg

(she was 14 months here, I can't believe she actually let them cut her hair)

if I knew grammar and spelling, mine would have been funny!!

:rotfl2:

Great update! The photos and ensuing captions were Hee-Hawing funny. I was :rotfl2: :rotfl: and even had one bout of :lmao:

No!!! Even :lmao:?! Fabulous!

who won??? what did they win? popcorn::

All will be revealed in the next installment.... :wizard:

I love the caption contest! I think Nathan's is my favorite (mine also but, I'm biased!). It made me grateful I was reading your blog AFTER my morning tea! My keyboard was also grateful!

Good thinkin'! ;)

Is the kid in the foreground of the barbershop photo picking his nose?

Oh I hope so! The photo would be that much more funny! :cutie:

Is it like the original DL one? That might be something I can tempt Will with...

Accordin to DH's Country Bears expert friend, the MK version is identical to the one they had at Disneyland before they changed Liver Lips to be like Elvis.

dang you and your suspenseful endings!! that cake is soo beautiful, and really making want chocolate 11 at night... must stay strong... good thing it was just a pic!

If the DIS had Smell-o-Vision, we'd all be in trouble! :lmao:

I can't believe how much the temperatures changed by the time we arrived that Saturday!

I know - it was downright balmy on Saturday. And the beginning of our trip wasn't bad, but Jennifaerie said the week before, when they'd been at WDW before their cruise, had been bitterly cold too! Weird. :confused3

That poop pic has me cracking up. No caption needed!

Too true! :teeth:

Every time I go into the country bear jamboree with my parents my dad HAS to sing along with Big Al and LOUD. We have the crowd look back at us every time. THERE WAS BLOOOOOOOOOOOD ON THE SADDLE....:rotfl:

That's hilarious! :rotfl: My mom used to sing that song too! Must've struck a chord with our parents' generation...

(she was 14 months here, I can't believe she actually let them cut her hair)

Aw, cute! What a trouper she was! Giving out stickers is a great idea. Maybe when I go, I'll pretend to throw a tantrum so I can get free stickers too.

And now, the thrilling conclusion of “Funny Caption Contest”!!!

To determine the winner of the contest, we read each gag in front of the Laugh Meter at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and gauged the reaction of someone who is not me (but might possibly be DH).

IMG_0605-1.jpg

And the prize went to...

LACEY!!!

IMG_0567-1.jpg

I guess those Brazilians are on their way to the Dream Suite again!

Lacey’s glamorous WDW souvenir prize was...

...a flashing-color bouncy eyeball!!!

photo-26.jpg

Unfortunately, I still hadn’t had the presence of mind to get any of Lacey’s contact info, despite our frequent stalking, so I wasn’t sure how to get the eyeball to her. But I had a feeling we would meet again...

Anyway, all this talk of horse doots had made us start thinking of lunch, so we went to see if we could make an ADR at the Plaza Restaurant. It was the last table-service place in the Magic Kingdom we hadn’t tried, and since it seems to be continually passed over for the Crystal Palace’s character jamboree, we figured it might not be hard to get in. The hostess seemed annoyed at our request but put our names down for later.

Off we went to explore some more.

I love all the waterways the MK has!
IMG_0568-1.jpg

Gratuitous Castle Shot
IMG_0569.jpg

Oh hey, they’re doing another fireworks show – has it been 10 minutes already?!
IMG_0572-1.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

This place looked interesting, but when we tried to investigate near a Cast Member entrance, a manager-type popped out and started asking what we were doing there!

This is the only photo we’re allowed to show you...
IMG_0570-1.jpg

“Fine! We’ll just take a picture of this instead!”
IMG_0571-1.jpg

We also wandered around Pinocchio Village Haus checking out the decor.

IMG_0594-1.jpg

IMG_0595-1.jpg

IMG_0596-1.jpg

DH was cracked on the idea of riding Goofy’s Barnstormer because everyone says it’s more than just a kiddie coaster, but it had a 30-minute wait so we decided to do it after lunch.

Then it was back to Main Street, U.S.A.!

IMG_0590-1.jpg

Ooooh! Pretty chocolate-filled colors....!
IMG_0574-1.jpg

IMG_0575-1.jpg

The band, giving us the cold shoulder
IMG_0576-1.jpg

Finally it was time to eat, so we ambled back to the Plaza Restaurant, checked in, and waited. And waited. And waited. I think Le Cellier is the only place we’ve ever waited longer to eat – so much for my “passed over for Crystal Palace” theory.

photo-12-1.jpg

IMG_0577-1.jpg

When they finally let us in, we were seated right by the door, which meant that we were blasted with an icy gust every time someone entered or exited the restaurant. However, besides that and the slightly frenetic atmosphere as people were constantly shuffled in and out, we had an surprisingly pleasant experience.

IMG_0579-1.jpg

IMG_0580-1.jpg

IMG_0581-1.jpg

For one thing, the food was really tasty - our burgers and fries were just as good as those at Beaches & Cream. My shake wasn’t as good, but it was the perfect accompaniment to a burger. Plus, the meal was relatively inexpensive for once.

Hot chocolate
IMG_0583-1.jpg

Chocolate milkshake made with chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup (an important distinction!)
IMG_0585-1.jpg

Bacon cheeseburger and fries
IMG_0587-1.jpg

Burger and the entire contents of the Main Street fruit cart
IMG_0588-1.jpg

About halfway through our meal, some of the Main Street characters – the mayor and the suffragette – tumbled into the restaurant and gave us a little “streetmosphere.” DH was enraptured by the antics of the puffed-up mayor as he made the rounds and got in digs at the suffragette. They asked if anyone was celebrating a birthday and I hollered “No, but we’re celebrating our anniversary!” This wasn’t good enough for the mayor, and he swaggered past us to go see some kid with a birthday. But the suffragette seemed to break character briefly as she passed and congratulated us on our accomplishment.

On their way out, they offered to take a pic with us.
IMG_0589-1.jpg

So, um, does this mean I’ve unintentionally participated in character dining? Oh, the ignominy!

After lunch we went back to Toontown (Fair?) and found there was still a 30-minute wait for Goofy’s Barnstormer. D’oh! It turned to be the longest wait we had the whole trip (yes, we are spoiled off-season attendees) – the line just crawled. I entertained the people around us by occasionally blurting out things like “30 minutes?! I might be dead by then!” and “This ride had better be the best 45 seconds of my LIFE!”

IMG_0599-1.jpg

IMG_0598-1.jpg

Finally, we got to the front of the line and, dweebs that we are, asked to wait for the front of the coaster (I wanted to do everything I could to ensure we had the optimal ride on the vaunted Barnstormer). We squeezed into the same car together, our knees up under our chins, and off we went. The time it takes you to read this sentence is how long the ride lasts.

“Wheeeee—oh, that’s it?”
photo-13-1.jpg

When our car pulled back into the station 45 seconds later, they had to use Goofy’s Jaws o’ Life to get us out.

Donald’s Port-Stormer
IMG_0601-1.jpg

IMG_0602-1.jpg

We wandered around Toontown a little more taking pictures.

IMG_0603-2.jpg

IMG_0597-1.jpg

Bird nest!
IMG_0604-1.jpg

Next stop, Frontierland!
IMG_0592-1.jpg

IMG_0593-1.jpg

IMG_0606-1.jpg

At some point, according to my journal, we rode the Haunted Mansion twice. Let’s pretend it was now!

While we were poking around the totally random gift shop near the Haunted Mansion (you know, the one that’s themed all Liberty Square-y but contains nothing but the same generic junk you find at World of Disney), I got a call from future Disney bride Jenna. She and her DF were at WDW for their planning session! Thus began our lengthy game of phone and text tag as we tried to figure out a way to meet up without them needing to activate their park admission.

In the meantime, DH and I went for our now traditional last MK ride of the trip, Splash Mountain. (Yes, we had one more day, but our passes weren’t hoppers so we were stuck at Epcot tomorrow). It was still freezing cold out, but we thought the idea of doing a bone-soaking water ride was so crazy, it just might work!

IMG_0608-1.jpg

Suited up!
photo-14-1.jpg

IMG_0607-1.jpg

Fortunately we made it through the whole ride without any of the other guests leaping out of their logs, so we got to exit the normal way.

We took the train back to Main Street to prolong the magic.

“Dear Jenna, whr R u? I’m on d tren!”
IMG_0609-1.jpg

World’s Most Photogenic Ride
IMG_0610-1.jpg

IMG_0611-1.jpg

IMG_0612-1.jpg

When we got to Main Street Station, we rushed right down the steps to take this photo!

Why, DH? ...Why?
IMG_0613-1.jpg

I think at this point we were just making up photo excuses so we wouldn’t have to leave
IMG_0614-1.jpg

Finally, we left.

If it weren’t for the lens flare, this picture would be cracking you up right now!
IMG_0615-1.jpg

Jenna and her DF were just about to leave WDW, but they agreed to stay a few extra minutes to meet us at Downtown Disney. So we whizzed over there in our trusty Clementine.

It was so cold that Downtown Disney’s plants needed blankies!
IMG_0617-1.jpg

We found Jenna and Emmanuel kickin’ it with a pirate in front of World of Disney.

“If we have to wait for this Lurkyloo much longer, we’re gonna end up like that guy!”
IMG_0620-1.jpg

We didn’t have too long to chat, but at least I got to hear some of the juicy details of their site visit (they chose the Attic for their reception – hooray!) and take a picture.

Gigantor strikes again!!!
IMG_0618-1.jpg

DH kept himself occupied...

IMG_0619-1.jpg

After we bid them farewell, we poked around Downtown Disney a bit. I bought two more chocolate-covered Oreos at Goofy’s Candy Co. (chocolate cream and peanut butter cream – how could I forget to take pictures?!), and we discovered the color-flashing bouncy eyeball at World o’ Disney. And then it was back to BCV to get ready for dinner!

OK, this part is boring even ME! I’d better take a break before I describe the next part of the day....

Up next: Dinner with the Roots, IllumiNations (yes, again!), and the Very Sad Tale of the Loneliest Sand Ceremony...

Involuntary Character Dining....oh that just has SO many possibilities.

Loved the updates and the photos. Even with the lens flare I was cracking up.

We went the The Plaza that weekend..my first time EVAH!! After 100+ trips to Disney, my friends introduced us to the very yummy food
5fuzdk5mt0ocyoac_xlg.jpg

and..mint choocolate chip ice cream
902id49chepxs5mu_xlg.jpg

and one of the best cupcakes I ever had!! Not only was it free for DD birthday, but it tasted like butter and sugar!!
(and I can't find the picture)

The Plaza is a tradition for us! I'm in love with the fries and always have the chicken-ham sandwich. So yummy!

PassPorter owns my weekends, but you’ll be glad when this DVC guide drops and you can learn all about the $18,000 tote bag you bought!

Um... Is there more info you can slip us?

I am way behind, so there may a bunch of posts from me, since I'm not good at the multi-quote thingamabob. I'll try to keep it to a minimum. :cutie:

...so I was thinking of that poop picture (yes, still), and was wondering what the other guests must have been thinking when they saw you all taking a picture of that with the castle...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter