Restaurants accepting credit/debit only?

Cashless makes sense to me. Dealing with cash can be a royal pain. I've never worked in retail but am a schoolteacher. Whenever cash is handed in for field trips, we have to go through an elaborate documentation and submission process for every cent every single day that cash is submitted, until all money is finally collected. It's not worth it!

We ate lunch at the Omni on Amelia Island while we were on vacation last year. I often just carry a credit card wallet, and will stick some cash on the outer pocket. The guy seating us noticed my wallet and said they took only credit cards. I always carry both, so it wasn't a problem, but it was the first time I'd seen that. Definitely more used to small businesses asking you to use cash because of the credit card fees.

Cashless makes sense to me. Dealing with cash can be a royal pain. I've never worked in retail but am a schoolteacher. Whenever cash is handed in for field trips, we have to go through an elaborate documentation and submission process for every cent every single day that cash is submitted, until all money is finally collected. It's not worth it!
My kids are out of school by 10 years, but their High School still is cash or check only for everything according to their website. Costs them too much money to take plastic.

We ate lunch at the Omni on Amelia Island while we were on vacation last year. I often just carry a credit card wallet, and will stick some cash on the outer pocket. The guy seating us noticed my wallet and said they took only credit cards. I always carry both, so it wasn't a problem, but it was the first time I'd seen that. Definitely more used to small businesses asking you to use cash because of the credit card fees.
Like I said earlier, a big business will likely have to pay for the costs of handling money. I've been at bank branches when an employee was on a cash run to either deposit or withdraw. There are always risks that include employee theft, counting mistakes, robberies, insurance costs, etc.

But at a small (maybe family owned) business they might just take all those risks. They might not consider it a "cost" if the owner or a relative goes to a bank. They're also not likely to pay for armored car cash deliveries.

Years ago I would shop at small businesses where they specifically said it was up to me, but that they would appreciate it if I paid in cash because it was affecting their bottom line.

I've had a few small business owners thank me for paying cash even though they accepted credit cards.

Yeah. Those fries just aren't the same without 20 extra things in them some of which you can barely pronounce. Enjoy your dimethylpolysiloxane, sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, and "natural beef flavoring" among other things.
I'll take the ones made with freshly cut potatoes with salt.

To be fair to those critical of In-N-Out fries - they suck. I just had some properly prepared double-cooked Kennebec fries, and they’re excellent.

My kids are out of school by 10 years, but their High School still is cash or check only for everything according to their website. Costs them too much money to take plastic.
Our school is mostly electronic payment. In order to pay cash or cheque you have to go to the school and fill out a form and hand theme exact change. The hot lunch fundraiser take paypal, upon which you the parent pay the 3% processing fee. The former treasurer was caught stealing a total of $40000. from the funds raised to replace they playground equipment. She was caught and prosecuted, and forced to pay back the money but they want forms of payment where the treasurer doesn't handle deposits.

Our school is mostly electronic payment. In order to pay cash or cheque you have to go to the school and fill out a form and hand theme exact change. The hot lunch fundraiser take paypal, upon which you the parent pay the 3% processing fee. The former treasurer was caught stealing a total of $40000. from the funds raised to replace they playground equipment. She was caught and prosecuted, and forced to pay back the money but they want forms of payment where the treasurer doesn't handle deposits.
We have a case here where a women embezzled over $138,000 from a school parent organization and a Little League. Case is just now being prosecuted, but a portion of the money was electronically transferred. So oversight is more important than method of funds being collected. But of course, no system is perfect.

We have a case here where a women embezzled over $138,000 from a school parent organization and a Little League. Case is just now being prosecuted, but a portion of the money was electronically transferred. So oversight is more important than method of funds being collected. But of course, no system is perfect.
It's not the only measures that were put in place. She stole the bulk of the funds by not depositing the cash, just the cheques. Having been a treasurer of another group, how she was able to not produce a monthly report and banks statement reconciliation for more than 6 months without raising any flags is beyond my understanding. All the meeting minutes are posted on the school website and a few months went by with no report submitted Now they have measures in place where both the treasurer and President have access to bank statements and a treasurer's report must be submitted either in person or via email at the council meeting or BEFORE hand.

Just a follow up. My kid really wanted to go to a Shake Shack and I obliged at the one in Larkspur, California at the Marin Country Mart. My kid wondered why it wasn't "Burger Shack" given the sign with the burger, but all we got was a shake. Kind of thick and hard to suck in through the straw, but not bad. I still think a Fatburger shake is better.

But the key is that this one accepted cash. Just three kiosks only for "chip cards" and checking in for mobile orders. Any cash, gift cards, and other payments had to be processed at the single cashier. So not every Shake Shack is cash unfriendly.

I found this photo on Yelp, although it seems to be a video still from our local ABC affiliate:

5221687_032719-kgo-9pm-marin-shakeshack-opens-vid.jpg

Ended up getting a strawberry shake, although salted caramel or black sesame sounded intriguing.

I just went to a cashless cafe and the payment screen asked for a gratuity upon ordering. It was a place with counter service. I am not a fan of this process. Food was mediocre and way overpriced, probably won’t go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter