Resort recommendation?

Laralyn

DIS Veteran
This is our first trip to Universal, at the start of a longer trip to WDW. My SO isn't a big theme park fan, and last year I probably was a bit too commando style. This year, I want to give him the kind of vacation he would enjoy, so he wants to come every year. :)

What resort would you recommend at Universal? Here's a bit of info about him and our visit. (I would be happy at any of the three).

He dislikes large crowds.

He would enjoy having a fun night life because he works really hard in "real life" and we don't get to go out much.

We'll be there two nights, 9/16-9/18, and spending most of the days in the parks.

He would enjoy Citywalk at night (and in fact liked Citywalk in LA).

At WDW last time, our resort (Port Orleans Riverside) was his favorite. We visited the Grand Floridian, Polynesian (he said too many kids there! but may have liked it if it were more peaceful), and Contemporary, but he liked POR better than the others for some reason. I don't think it was the country feel--it was probably the space, and the fact that there were more adults.

Does that help narrow it down? I'm trying to book AAA rates, and I want to find someplace he will really enjoy.

My first inclination is the Hard Rock because he's always wanted to stay at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas... but is it really loud? Does it feel more crowded?

Thanks! :)

It seems like he would like a quiet place.
PBH would be the best choice for quiet.
HRH is closest to the parks, music isn't that loud. More of a "hip" place.

Plan your trip so you visit Disney first, then USF/IOA. You'll be spoiled with FOTL (called magic keys), so you want to do Disney first. You see, it doesn't matter where you stay at Disney, everyone waits in the same lines. At USF/IOA, when you stay onsite, you get the magic keys.

Crowds in September are light. But you'll use FOTL in the afternoon when people show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter