resort fee?

AUTigerFan

Mouseketeer
I was reading some for rent posts on another website, and there were multiple posts (from the same person, I think) that offered different DVC resorts. The post said that there was a $100 resort fee charged by the resort for transportation from the airport and other things. I've never heard of this before. I could understand if the person renting the points added this payable to him as a hidden/false fee, but it states that the resort charges it. Is this something that renters are charged?

The ads listing a "resort fee" are likely attempting to rent RCI/II exchanges into DVC. This activity goes against both RCI and II membership policies and the reservation is subject to cancellation by RCI/II if found out. Proceed with extreme caution. Better yet, do NOT make contact on ads with the suspicious wording.

No, but if you use DVC points to book at a non-DVC resort you have to pay a $95 trading fee. But that's the only fee like that I know of. So it depends on what the person is offering to rent the points to use for -- if it was to use DVC points somewhere like the Poly that doesn't have DVC, it would cost $95.

There are no hidden fees for transportation or anything else. Sounds like a "renter's fee" that the owner has decided to charge and pass off as someone else's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter