Reservations? We don't need no stinking reservations, we do it TODD'S way! COMPLETE

Can't wait to hear more! I would love to try a 'reservation free' trip, but we always go during free dining and I think we'd never get the chance to eat at a table service;)

Now if we went during FD there is no way I would let him do a trip like this :thumbsup2

Joining in....popcorn::

Welcome!

Joining in for the fun!!

Sorry to hear you didn't like EoS! I haven't tried either of those sandwiches, but almost got the same as you last time--glad I didn't, that sandwich wouldn't be right warm! :sad2:

When they asked if I wanted the sandwich hot or cold I said cold...I wish they told me it would be hot no matter what because the bread is served hot...it just ruined the taste of it for me.

I'm in! We have always liked EoS but,I usually get a grilled cheese and tomato soup....unless we happen to be there for the holidays then I get their holiday turkey, cranberry & dressing sandwich.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip!

I wish they had that holiday sandwich, I would love to try it!

Yeah, I made it on page two!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Sometimes I REALLY hate being 6 hours ahead and you guys starting your reviews while I am fast asleep! :rotfl2:
But I made it in here in good time!

Okay, now going back to actually read the first one and a half pages! ;)

Yay so happy! I've been checking daily waiting for this! We leave next Thursday so I need some yummy food pics.

Joining in.

We were there around the same time. I am thinking next trip we will be plan free so whenever I was in line I would check the disney dining website to see what was available that day in case I hadn't made any adrs. I was very surprised that most places would turn up available the same day. I'm am thinking Todd is going to have very good luck getting in anywhere he wants.

Can't wait to hear all about itpopcorn::

Hi :wave2: I have lurked on some of your last DRs and am joining in for this one!

:eek: at having no reservations - am looking forward to how you got along without them and where you ended up eating!

Great EoS review - can't wait for more! popcorn::

Apparently I am the only person on the Dis that has never read one of your reviews.

I'm so interested to see how having no ressies works for someone who is familiar with WDW. Usually I hear from people who have never been to the World and never make reservations about how miserable it is and that they will never go back.

You're going all Zen and taking a 'beginners mind' trip. :upsidedow

Hurrah! I just love your reports! :). I'm very intrigued to hear how you guys made out with no ADRs and how successful walk-ups were. I love all the planning (ok, obsessing) pre-trip but part of me does wish there was more opportunity for spontaneous decisions. Who knows, maybe you'll prove it possible! :thumbsup2
popcorn::

Yay! What a great surprise to wake up to this morning! :goodvibes Except now I will be sneaking in and out of the Dis all day at work to see if you posted more! :laughing:

Never, ever would I let Jay plan a trip let alone just wing one! :upsidedow Thankfully I don't think he would want to. Heck, I have changed our August ADRs so many times I am not sure what we are even doing anymore! :rolleyes:

Really can't wait to see where you ended up! I can't help but think that Todd and his magic may have gotten you in to places that most people have to book 180 days out! :flower3:

At work, shouldn't be DIS'ing right now, but I'm so in for this! I want to do a non-ADR trip soooo bad! Can't wait to see where you ended up!

:banana::banana: Yay! I love your reports! Looking forward to this one. Our next trip will be a non-ADR one and while I'm excited about that it makes me a bit nervous. :scared1:

Yup you are first again, how do you do that? :confused3

Must be that "sisterly psych!" ;)

Hi Tina! How are you and the boys? Hope all is well with you guys and you are looking forward to your trip! One word for you, or maybe 2? NAP TIME! You will so need it if the weather is anything like it was for us.

Gotta love my personal cheerleader Kathy! :cheer2:

Thank God someone loves me. :rotfl2:

Oh, Kathy...we all love you! :hug:

And Nicki, the boys are fine. Can't wait to read more about your reviews and figure out what I need to change. Kathy hinted at some things. And, yeah, I feel like we don't have that kind of luck, either. But who knows...luck can always change, right? :goodvibes

Btter late than never, but I'm in as usual:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Joining in for the fun...

We liked SSR okay, but my first choice is YC. Best Deluxe Ever!

Can't wait to hear more!:goodvibes

Welcome aboard! YC is our fave deluxe...followed by Poly but I think POFQ is topping them both!

Yeah, I made it on page two!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Sometimes I REALLY hate being 6 hours ahead and you guys starting your reviews while I am fast asleep! :rotfl2:
But I made it in here in good time!

Okay, now going back to actually read the first one and a half pages! ;)

Hi Karin! I have to catch up on your reviews and PTR too, I know you went away for the weekend and I cannot wait to read all about it!

Yay so happy! I've been checking daily waiting for this! We leave next Thursday so I need some yummy food pics.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Joining in.

We were there around the same time. I am thinking next trip we will be plan free so whenever I was in line I would check the disney dining website to see what was available that day in case I hadn't made any adrs. I was very surprised that most places would turn up available the same day. I'm am thinking Todd is going to have very good luck getting in anywhere he wants.

Can't wait to hear all about itpopcorn::

Wasnt it HOT???? Oh man I thought I was gonna melt! I will admit, having the freedom to do whatever we wanted when ever we wanted was nice, but I dont think I can do this every trip :rotfl:

Hi :wave2: I have lurked on some of your last DRs and am joining in for this one!

:eek: at having no reservations - am looking forward to how you got along without them and where you ended up eating!

Great EoS review - can't wait for more! popcorn::

Thanks so much for coming out of lurkdom!

Apparently I am the only person on the Dis that has never read one of your reviews.

I'm so interested to see how having no ressies works for someone who is familiar with WDW. Usually I hear from people who have never been to the World and never make reservations about how miserable it is and that they will never go back.

You're going all Zen and taking a 'beginners mind' trip. :upsidedow

I am so happy to have you here! Maybe Todd was feeling very Zen but at times I needed some plans :rotfl:

Hurrah! I just love your reports! :). I'm very intrigued to hear how you guys made out with no ADRs and how successful walk-ups were. I love all the planning (ok, obsessing) pre-trip but part of me does wish there was more opportunity for spontaneous decisions. Who knows, maybe you'll prove it possible! :thumbsup2
popcorn::

I admit, I totally missed the planning and at times I was scouring the dining reservation site and was happy to see lots of places available....that put my mind at ease a bit!

Here to read!:thumbsup2

Glad to have you!

Yay! What a great surprise to wake up to this morning! :goodvibes Except now I will be sneaking in and out of the Dis all day at work to see if you posted more! :laughing:

Never, ever would I let Jay plan a trip let alone just wing one! :upsidedow Thankfully I don't think he would want to. Heck, I have changed our August ADRs so many times I am not sure what we are even doing anymore! :rolleyes:

Really can't wait to see where you ended up! I can't help but think that Todd and his magic may have gotten you in to places that most people have to book 180 days out! :flower3:

Hi hon! So glad you found me! I hope Todd doesnt think this is how we are gonna do WDW from now on LOL

At work, shouldn't be DIS'ing right now, but I'm so in for this! I want to do a non-ADR trip soooo bad! Can't wait to see where you ended up!

You need something to do to pass the time right? I dont have to go back to work until Tuesday and I am dreading it!

:banana::banana: Yay! I love your reports! Looking forward to this one. Our next trip will be a non-ADR one and while I'm excited about that it makes me a bit nervous. :scared1:

I hope you have a great vacation and dont worry, there will be plenty to eat :rotfl2:

Of course we all love you silly girl!

Oh, Kathy...we all love you! :hug:

And Nicki, the boys are fine. Can't wait to read more about your reviews and figure out what I need to change. Kathy hinted at some things. And, yeah, I feel like we don't have that kind of luck, either. But who knows...luck can always change, right? :goodvibes

Thats true, now if only I could win the lotto.....

Btter late than never, but I'm in as usual:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Hi there, you are not that late, just one review up but I am working on another!

After our midday at DTD we went back to the POFQ to unpack and unwind a bit. We figured, or I should say Todd figured we would go to Epcot because there is always tons to eat there. I was fine with that because I wanted to meet up with Megan (Tinkerbelle_325) and she was going to be in Epcot that night.

We hopped a bus (by the way, the buses at POFQ are fantatic! Only had to share with POR twice and the buses were never full...another huge plus for the POFQ!) and away we went to the place of mulitiple dining options...that is if they have any openings because WE didnt have reservations, did I mention that little fact already?

When I made the mistake of asking what was for dinner the conversation went a little bit like this

Todd: I want Chinese

Me: Ok you get that and I will get something in Morocco

Todd: Nah, lets do the restaurant again

Me: Are you insane? You were so sick the last time we went there, why would we go back

Todd: Cuz I wanna

Me: What are you 5? Well thats fine, we are never gonna get in anyways

Todd: We shall see (again, channeling Yoda)

Over to Nine Dragons we go, basically I am stalling and he is power walking ahead. Its just about 6pm and by some Disney Miracle we get right in. And I am in shock and remind the CM that we are asking to get in for dinner tonight and to make sure there isnt some kind of mistake. And DH's chest puffs out like "Thats right, I'm da man" kinda thing.

Todd: See there Nicki Negativity, we got right in without a reservation

Me: Thats because Nine Dragons is icky

Todd: But look inside, there are alot of people eating so how bad could it be?

He was right, again. The place was very busy but they were taking walk ins and I did remember how much we liked the ice tea and the banana egg roll dessert so at least I could fill up on that :lmao:

The first thing we decided on is we would NOT get what we had the last time. The second thing was to order the jasmine ice tea...this is the best thing ever, so cold and light and refreshing, I could not stop drinking it!

DisneyMay006.jpg

Todd's appie was the chicken wonton soup. This was very good and not salty at all. I wish I ordered it as well but at least he shared...a little ;)

DisneyMay007.jpg

I made the mistake of ordering shrimp toast...normally I love this and you rarely find it on menus around here so when I see it I pounce. It doesnt come with a sauce but the server said it was very good with the sweet and sour sauce....she was wrong because nothing could make this dish good. This was terrible. It was soooo greasy and not much flavor to it at all. Now I was getting a bit worried about the rest of the meal :idea:

DisneyMay010.jpg

For his entree Todd chose the honey chicken, this was amazing! So light and crispy and not greasy at all, nothing by white meat and tons of it. With both of us munching on it we still couldnt finish it. Would def get this again.

DisneyMay013.jpg

Instead of white rice he subbed fried rice (at an extra cost) and he enjoyed it much more than plain rice

DisneyMay014.jpg

My dish was the pepper shrimp with spinach noodles. I asked the server if it was black pepper or red bell pepper and she said both as well as cilantro so I told her to leave off the red bell pepper and the cilantro, she said that was fine but there was alot of garlic in there too...thats cool as I love me some garlic. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this dish and could not stop inhaling it! When Todd finally squeezed his fork in there he knew why I loved it so much...."Nic, this is more like Italian food than Chinese!" Yes he was right, it was so much more like Italian but I didnt care, I ate every single bite that was on the plate and I was a very happy girl! There was plenty of shrimp in there and they were cooked perfectly, lots of garlic and pepper but not spicy and the linguini was just al dente and delish!

DisneyMay017.jpg

On to dessert...or so we thought. The menu no longer offers the banana egg roll thing and neither of us wanted ice cream so we left. When we walked out the door the line was sooo long and they were telling walk ins that he wait was 40 minutes. To this the husband remarks "they should have made a reservation"

If you want to knock him out I dont blame you...I wanted to as well! :laughing:

I text Megan and we were on our way to meet her before she went to dinner at Via Napoli. She is a wonderful person and after so many missed times that we were in WDW at the same moment we finally had the opportunity to chat and it was awesome! Megan, cannot wait to see you again!

And with that I heard the rumble from down under...it was the Stomach Of Todd and it wanted sweets..NOW!

Todd: I want Chinese

Me: Ok you get that and I will get something in Morocco

Todd: Nah, lets do the restaurant again

Me: Are you insane? You were so sick the last time we went there, why would we go back

Todd: Cuz I wanna

Me: What are you 5? Well thats fine, we are never gonna get in anyways

Todd: We shall see (again, channeling Yoda)

Over to Nine Dragons we go, basically I am stalling and he is power walking ahead. Its just about 6pm and by some Disney Miracle we get right in. And I am in shock and remind the CM that we are asking to get in for dinner tonight and to make sure there isnt some kind of mistake. And DH's chest puffs out like "Thats right, I'm da man" kinda thing.

Todd: See there Nicki Negativity, we got right in without a reservation

Me: Thats because Nine Dragons is icky

Todd: But look inside, there are alot of people eating so how bad could it be?

Do you remember what I said when we talked on the phone last night? I have to get Depends when I read these updates. :rotfl::rotfl:

[Todd's appie was the chicken wonton soup. This was very good and not salty at all. I wish I ordered it as well but at least he shared...a little ;)

DisneyMay007.jpg

This looks really yummy!

I made the mistake of ordering shrimp toast...normally I love this and you rarely find it on menus around here so when I see it I pounce. It doesnt come with a sauce but the server said it was very good with the sweet and sour sauce....she was wrong because nothing could make this dish good. This was terrible. It was soooo greasy and not much flavor to it at all. Now I was getting a bit worried about the rest of the meal :idea:

DisneyMay010.jpg

Sorry...it even looks gross.

For his entree Todd chose the honey chicken, this was amazing! So light and crispy and not greasy at all, nothing by white meat and tons of it. With both of us munching on it we still couldnt finish it. Would def get this again.

DisneyMay013.jpg

Okay, I know what I'm having for lunch today. :)

My dish was the pepper shrimp with spinach noodles. I asked the server if it was black pepper or red bell pepper and she said both as well as cilantro so I told her to leave off the red bell pepper and the cilantro, she said that was fine but there was alot of garlic in there too...thats cool as I love me some garlic. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this dish and could not stop inhaling it! When Todd finally squeezed his fork in there he knew why I loved it so much...."Nic, this is more like Italian food than Chinese!" Yes he was right, it was so much more like Italian but I didnt care, I ate every single bite that was on the plate and I was a very happy girl! There was plenty of shrimp in there and they were cooked perfectly, lots of garlic and pepper but not spicy and the linguini was just al dente and delish!

DisneyMay017.jpg

This looks really good too.

Comments in red above!

When we walked out the door the line was sooo long and they were telling walk ins that he wait was 40 minutes. To this the husband remarks "they should have made a reservation"

If you want to knock him out I dont blame you...I wanted to as well! :laughing:

This comment from Todd does not surprise me at all. And I can just see him saying it with a straight face too. Mark will love it when I show this to him tonight. :lmao::lmao:

Enjoying reading this and looking forward to finding out how it all works out. Can't imagine going to WDW with no ADR's!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter