Reservations? We don't need no stinking reservations, we do it TODD'S way! COMPLETE

We will be there from the 7th - 14th of October, we are so excited about going to our first ever Food & Wine Festival :cool1:

Bummer we will miss you this time, we are going at the end of the month....but then again with my husband plans change all the time so I dont bank on being in WDW until I am actually there

Ahhh Nicki, I don't know how I missed this and found it so late!

Enjoyable read as always by the Dining Reviewer Extraordinaire! :worship:

I love the Red Grape Sensation too! It was so good that I came home and hunted down the specific vodka they use for it and played around with the proportions and can pretty much perfectly replicate the drink at home now. :thumbsup2

You'll have to tell Todd his fly by the seat of his pickle loving pants plan won't work for October! I intend to have a re-do of our meet up....so he will have to show up somewhere at a certain time! :lmao:

At least you found me ;) So glad you enjoyed the reviews. That drink was amazing, I wish I had one now....it was very refreshing.

Todd knows we have Dis meets set up so he cannot mess with me :rotfl2:

I've enjoyed following along on this trip with you and have gone back and started to read some of your earlier trips. My husband is such a picky eater the only way I will see the inside of some of these restaurant is on peoples reports :sad2:

But the real question is - where does Todd say the best eggrolls in Disney can be found??

Thank you, so glad you liked it! Funny question, I asked him the same thing! He said the best ones are from China but he will eat an egg roll anywhere.

Hmm Carol mentioned Disney and Halloween next year for our Free Trip

That would be so cool!

Loved your report nicki and will be on board for the next!!

Thank you Rosie...just 4 months and 1 week and 2 days...but who's counting :confused3

Really enjoyed reading your thread, Nicki! We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip for October 9-13 and have a couple of ADRs but hope we can get as lucky as y'all were and just walk in a few places and get seated quickly!

THANK YOU for your wonderful reviews!
You guys are HILARIOUS! I really enjoyed reading it, and think you have an excellent writing style. As a former reporter, I don't say that often!

(FYI, "Christmas Vacation" is our family's "theme movie." Oh, and we have a cousin Eddie...We went to a water park today and the 11-year-old piped up about the van next to us with one of those family stickers. "Look," she said, gasping. "Their van says, 'The Griswalds!' WE should have it, too!")

Keep up the good work! Love the pics, too!

Really enjoyed reading your thread, Nicki! We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip for October 9-13 and have a couple of ADRs but hope we can get as lucky as y'all were and just walk in a few places and get seated quickly!

Thank you! I hope you have a great time with lots of walk in luck!

You guys are HILARIOUS! I really enjoyed reading it, and think you have an excellent writing style. As a former reporter, I don't say that often!

(FYI, "Christmas Vacation" is our family's "theme movie." Oh, and we have a cousin Eddie...We went to a water park today and the 11-year-old piped up about the van next to us with one of those family stickers. "Look," she said, gasping. "Their van says, 'The Griswalds!' WE should have it, too!")

Ah shucks, thanks so much! We are a couple of clowns thats for sure! I bought DH the Christmas Vacation tee shirts that Target was selling around the holidays and he wears it constantly! We quote that movie often :goodvibes

Nicki, you know I'm not one to tell people what they should order where ... but why in the name of all that is Stinktown did you order ribs from a seafood joint? Honey, they don't know how to prepare ribs any more than Pappy's BBQ knows how to grill my tuna! :laughing: :hug:

You come visit up here and we will show you how ribs are supposed to taste!

I have to jump in here on this post!.lol.. I am from the Kansas City area, and we do know our BBQ~.. Best there is..

Also, I have been reading alot of these dining reviews, and I never hear of anyone sending their YUCKY food back to have it either redone, or replaced. I myself, do not hesitate to send it back. If I am paying out the wa-zoo for a nice dinner, I sure as heck want it to be edible!. :eek:

Really loving your report we are going to POFQ in Jan and I can't wait...last time there was 1994!!!!

ITA, Todd & Nicki are very funny! Nicki's reviews are always informative and entertaining! :goodvibes

Our family loves the "Vacation" movies! Last year as one of my birthday gifts, DH bought me a pink tank top that says "Griswold Family Vacation...Wally World or bust!" And it has a drawing of the "Family Truckster" on it! We drive down to WDW from Brooklyn, NY...so of course I wore that shirt the day we arrived in Florida! :lmao: I don't even know how he found it!

Love your reviews! Taking our first trip to POFQ in October for MNSSHP and F&W:woohoo:

Thank you! Hope to see you there, Oct 20-30

Just found your report and had a great time reading it. Loved the pix too!

Thanks!

Also, I have been reading alot of these dining reviews, and I never hear of anyone sending their YUCKY food back to have it either redone, or replaced. I myself, do not hesitate to send it back. If I am paying out the wa-zoo for a nice dinner, I sure as heck want it to be edible!. :eek:

I agree and sometimes I do send them back but I saw other people eating them and they were not complaining...our server was overly attentive and noticed I didnt eat them, he didnt make a big deal out of it he just told me they would be removed from the bill.

Really loving your report we are going to POFQ in Jan and I can't wait...last time there was 1994!!!!

Hope you love it as much as we did!

ITA, Todd & Nicki are very funny! Nicki's reviews are always informative and entertaining! :goodvibes

Our family loves the "Vacation" movies! Last year as one of my birthday gifts, DH bought me a pink tank top that says "Griswold Family Vacation...Wally World or bust!" And it has a drawing of the "Family Truckster" on it! We drive down to WDW from Brooklyn, NY...so of course I wore that shirt the day we arrived in Florida! :lmao: I don't even know how he found it!

Why thank you...weird though that my hubby doesnt think I am funny :laughing:

I would love that tee shirt!

Well I think we will finally be ordering sushi on our Oct trip!!!

Last night we went out for hibachi and I caved and ordered us sushi...Todd stuck with hibachi and we shared that but I ordered the Mexican roll, Lobster roll and California roll and we both ate them and really liked them. Yes I know it is the mildest form of sushi but for us it really worked!

So this may be my appie at Cali Grill or possibly the Kona sushi place at the Poly?

Last night we went out for hibachi and I caved and ordered us sushi...Todd stuck with hibachi and we shared that but I ordered the Mexican roll, Lobster roll and California roll and we both ate them and really liked them. Yes I know it is the mildest form of sushi but for us it really worked!

So this may be my appie at Cali Grill or possibly the Kona sushi place at the Poly?
I just saw that on your FB! LOL. But I've heard nothing but good things about CA Grill's sushi, and I like the stuff at Kona, though I've only tried one roll there. Kona's sushi just isn't "normal" though, since it has things like pineapple, mango, etc added to some of their stuff, but it's still good, just different.

Those rolls sound yummy! And hibachi is always great! DH and I go for hibachi occasionally, but without the kids because DS6 is so allergic to shellfish, that he can't even be around the fumes while it is cooking. Poor kid...I feel so bad for him. He had a reaction at Cape May last July when we tried to go there for dinner, and we had to leave immediately. Thank goodness his reaction was mild. The cast members handled it very well though, I was very impressed and even wrote an email to Disney, praising the manager that helped us out. We ended up at Kouzzina, which became a favorite of ours right away, and we are glad we loved it so much, because it is at our DVC home! :goodvibes

I think that for our "date night" on our trip next summer, DH and I will try California Grille. Of course I will change my mind 1,000 times before I make our ADRs in January. And DH isn't much help...I ask him, "Would you like to go to [name of restaurant] on our next Disney trip?", and his reply is always the same, "I don't know, just book whatever you want..." :rotfl2: But seriously, the sushi at California Grille looks great from all the pics I've seen and all the reviews I read. I could go there and just get a couple of appetizers and some sushi with DH and be very happy! :goodvibes

Thank you! Hope to see you there, Oct 20-30

We'll also be staying at POFQ from Oct 26-Nov 1. If I see you, I'll definitely stop & say hi. (My DMom & I are going together for a Mother/Daughter trip & we're leaving the hubbies at home. I can't wait to have a big comfy bed all to myself, lol.) We'll be at Epcot on Oct 27th or 28th for F&WF.

Btw, I was just reading the reviews on AllEars & I think I found one of yours. I was thinking, "some of these details look mighty familiar," & it looked like your writing style. ;)

Hilarious, entertaining, informative - Honestly, I've "plum run out" of adjectives to describe how much we enjoy your trip reports. :goodvibes

This one was no exception.

I *am* sorry to read the review of Fulton's, though. That's a restaurant that's gone from great to sometimes pretty good, to downright awful. And all the while the prices keep soaring higher and higher. Your DH's serving of crab was an embarrassment. There's no excuse for that.

On the other hand, who knew Boatright's could serve such a good meal. :confused3

meh

I tells ya, more and more every meal at a TS restaurant seems like a crap shoot. You never know what you're going to get.

Ahh well... Thanks (yet again) for another great trip report.

(I look forward to October ! ;) )

Hello, my friend. I saw your sushi post on FB... We ordered sushi and a flatbread when we went to Cali and I'm not into fusion-y food much at all and thought the combo would be beyond weird... I loved it!

Sushi's great...especially if you love wasabi, which I do, luckily! Glad you gave it a try!

I just saw that on your FB! LOL. But I've heard nothing but good things about CA Grill's sushi, and I like the stuff at Kona, though I've only tried one roll there. Kona's sushi just isn't "normal" though, since it has things like pineapple, mango, etc added to some of their stuff, but it's still good, just different.

Kona is the way we are going to go...I think I will push our Citricos ressie back and go to the Poly for some sushi appies and of course a drink!

Those rolls sound yummy! And hibachi is always great! DH and I go for hibachi occasionally, but without the kids because DS6 is so allergic to shellfish, that he can't even be around the fumes while it is cooking. Poor kid...I feel so bad for him. He had a reaction at Cape May last July when we tried to go there for dinner, and we had to leave immediately. Thank goodness his reaction was mild. The cast members handled it very well though, I was very impressed and even wrote an email to Disney, praising the manager that helped us out. We ended up at Kouzzina, which became a favorite of ours right away, and we are glad we loved it so much, because it is at our DVC home! :goodvibes

Oh the poor kid...that must be so hard on you to pick places to eat. I am excited about Kouzzina, we are trying it in the fall and have heard wonderful things about it

I think that for our "date night" on our trip next summer, DH and I will try California Grille. Of course I will change my mind 1,000 times before I make our ADRs in January. And DH isn't much help...I ask him, "Would you like to go to [name of restaurant] on our next Disney trip?", and his reply is always the same, "I don't know, just book whatever you want..." :rotfl2: But seriously, the sushi at California Grille looks great from all the pics I've seen and all the reviews I read. I could go there and just get a couple of appetizers and some sushi with DH and be very happy! :goodvibes

I understand the changing of the minds..I have a guy like that too....We have Cali Grill on the list and maybe I will get some sushi there too!

We'll also be staying at POFQ from Oct 26-Nov 1. If I see you, I'll definitely stop & say hi. (My DMom & I are going together for a Mother/Daughter trip & we're leaving the hubbies at home. I can't wait to have a big comfy bed all to myself, lol.) We'll be at Epcot on Oct 27th or 28th for F&WF.

Btw, I was just reading the reviews on AllEars & I think I found one of yours. I was thinking, "some of these details look mighty familiar," & it looked like your writing style. ;)

That is so cool! We will look for you too! And yes, I do post reviews on Allears so that is probably me :goodvibes

Hilarious, entertaining, informative - Honestly, I've "plum run out" of adjectives to describe how much we enjoy your trip reports. :goodvibes

This one was no exception.

I *am* sorry to read the review of Fulton's, though. That's a restaurant that's gone from great to sometimes pretty good, to downright awful. And all the while the prices keep soaring higher and higher. Your DH's serving of crab was an embarrassment. There's no excuse for that.

On the other hand, who knew Boatright's could serve such a good meal. :confused3

meh

I tells ya, more and more every meal at a TS restaurant seems like a crap shoot. You never know what you're going to get.

Ahh well... Thanks (yet again) for another great trip report.

(I look forward to October ! ;) )

Hi friend! So glad you enjoyed the reviews! Your kind words are so nice and thoughful! :lovestruc

Fultons was just a huge disappointment...and we were shocked at the size of his claws or should I say the number of the claws....poor guy left dinner hungry

Boatwrights..oh man that place was amazing....and Nine Dragons..who would have thunk it????

Cannot wait until we go again and this time we can F&W ourselves silly!

Hello, my friend. I saw your sushi post on FB... We ordered sushi and a flatbread when we went to Cali and I'm not into fusion-y food much at all and thought the combo would be beyond weird... I loved it!

Sushi's great...especially if you love wasabi, which I do, luckily! Glad you gave it a try!

Hi babe! You have three weeks to go and I am so excited for you! Hmm...sushi and flatbread..that might work! We have been to Cali Grill three times and have never ordered a flatbread and I always want to but some other appies catches my attention and the flatbread is forgotten about :laughing:

oMG just started reading you post and couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm craving a cup of Kona coffee. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter