• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservations? We don't need no stinking reservations, we do it TODD'S way! COMPLETE

Lol... When our ADRs change, it's because of me! I ended up having to cancel our Via Napoli ADR because of scheduling. But after your review, and another Diser's review, I rearranged our last day in order to rebook! And I am so very excited to try it. I'll be anxious the entire trip waiting for it.

Lol... When our ADRs change, it's because of me! I ended up having to cancel our Via Napoli ADR because of scheduling. But after your review, and another Diser's review, I rearranged our last day in order to rebook! And I am so very excited to try it. I'll be anxious the entire trip waiting for it.

Oh I am so glad that you are going to try it...we loved it in November but were not so happy with it in February. Come May it was amazing again and I wish I could eat it right now!

Loved reading your report. :goodvibes Your reveiw and photos of Prime Time have made me decide to ADR it for our next trip - thanks! :)

We went in around 5:30 and the CM told us they were booked. Todd took it like a trooper though, he said to me "We will come back later"

For crying out loud...are you deaf? Did you not hear what she said?

We took the train to BTRR and did a few things over there, took a walk and did a few more things and at 7 we were back at Tonys The entire walk over there I kept telling him what a waste of time this was, we should just go to CHH or Peco Bills..come on, cant I tempt you with a taco salad?

We made it to Main Street, walked right up to Tonys and again he asked for a table for 2...and as I was pulling him towards the door to go we hear

"Sure we could seat you right now, is everyone in your party here?"

Honestly, this is how I dream of touring/eating at WDW. :cloud9: No schedule. :cloud9: Stop to have a drink at 4 pm. :cloud9: Choose where to eat, depending on what I feel like eating that day. :cloud9: Todd has proven that it can be done :worship: But, the key is flexibility. If they turn you away at 5:30, go back at 7:00 and they may have a table. Or if they turn you away from Ohana, go to Tony's. This works beautifully for adults/teens. Unfortunately, our kids are 3 and 6, so I feel we have many more years of ADRs, set meal times and Italian-when-you-feel-like-Chinese or steak-when-you-feel-like-Mexican. :laughing:

Great reviews, like always. :thumbsup2 I'm curious, for TS lunch at MK, would you recommend CP, LTT, Plaza or Tony's?

Honestly, this is how I dream of touring/eating at WDW. :cloud9: No schedule. :cloud9: Stop to have a drink at 4 pm. :cloud9: Choose where to eat, depending on what I feel like eating that day. :cloud9: Todd has proven that it can be done :worship: But, the key is flexibility. If they turn you away at 5:30, go back at 7:00 and they may have a table. Or if they turn you away from Ohana, go to Tony's. This works beautifully for adults/teens. Unfortunately, our kids are 3 and 6, so I feel we have many more years of ADRs, set meal times and Italian-when-you-feel-like-Chinese or steak-when-you-feel-like-Mexican. :laughing:

Great reviews, like always. :thumbsup2 I'm curious, for TS lunch at MK, would you recommend CP, LTT, Plaza or Tony's?

It really was fun, I love hanging at the Tambu Lounge, great atmosphere and wonderful cocktails.

For lunch I would have to say the Plaza..we dont like CP as it is too salty for us, didnt care for Tonys lunch and LTT is very good but too heavy to do on a hot park day. The Plaza has great sandwiches, I loved my reuben and DH had this huge steak and cheese but the winner is the french fries..OMG they are the best fries in all of WDW (thats because they are nothing like the rest of the fries in WDW :lmao:)

Really enjoyed reading your report. You are a good writer and it felt like I was right there with you. It sounds like it was a great vacation and the lack of planning lead to some good surprises (i.e. CG) and a relaxing time.

Really enjoyed reading your report. You are a good writer and it felt like I was right there with you. It sounds like it was a great vacation and the lack of planning lead to some good surprises (i.e. CG) and a relaxing time.

Thanks Dee, so glad you enjoyed them!

Love you planning-free vacation review! That's so awesome! I think I'm to OCD to even attempt it though! Awesome reviews! Thanks for sharing! :)

Wow, I just got all the way through this and then discovered it was an old report I missed! F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C as usual, thanks for whoever bumped it back up!

Love you planning-free vacation review! That's so awesome! I think I'm to OCD to even attempt it though! Awesome reviews! Thanks for sharing! :)

Wow, I just got all the way through this and then discovered it was an old report I missed! F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C as usual, thanks for whoever bumped it back up!

Thank you both for reading! It was a great trip and we cannot wait to go back in Oct...this time WITH reservations :rotfl:

Nicki,

This was one of the most entertaining dining reviews I have ever read! My congrats to Todd for getting so many walk-ups :)

A place for breakfast that Todd might like that is often overlooked is the Wave at the Contemporary. I don't like grits, but their cheesy bacon ones had me singing louder than Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. They also have sweet potato pancakes that are to die for! Best part is....one can just roll to the MK when done with breakfast :)

Nicki,

This was one of the most entertaining dining reviews I have ever read! My congrats to Todd for getting so many walk-ups :)

A place for breakfast that Todd might like that is often overlooked is the Wave at the Contemporary. I don't like grits, but their cheesy bacon ones had me singing louder than Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. They also have sweet potato pancakes that are to die for! Best part is....one can just roll to the MK when done with breakfast :)

So glad that you enjoyed it!

Funny you should mention the Wave...we ate there in October of last year and loved it! Our Oct live reviews are in the link on my signature...that trip is a reservation trip though, no winging it for us that time :thumbsup2

It was fun re-reading this review...

MickeyNicki, I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Your restaurant reviews are some the most entertaining and informative and just plain ol' fun to read of all the reviews on The Dis. (And that's really saying something ! :) )

There's a great chemistry between you and Todd that really comes through on the screen.

You all could review a McD's and make it entertaining.

I look forward to the next one !

Thanks again for all the great reviews...

It was fun re-reading this review...

MickeyNicki, I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Your restaurant reviews are some the most entertaining and informative and just plain ol' fun to read of all the reviews on The Dis. (And that's really saying something ! :) )

There's a great chemistry between you and Todd that really comes through on the screen.

You all could review a McD's and make it entertaining.

I look forward to the next one !

Thanks again for all the great reviews...

You say the sweetest things! The two of us have been together since we were kids and we just know each other so well lol

Just 4 short months and I can do another LIVE review...cannot wait! To pass the time I just read my old reviews lol

Hi Nicki,
Just checking in and re-reading some reviews. I need my Disney food fix since I won't be back till spring of 2013.(My DS got married in April and my DD is getting married in Sept., so no DW this year). Can't wait for your trip in Oct. so I can read some more great reviews!!
Joan

I really enjoyed reading this report- guess you CAN eat well without ADRs! It amazes me that you only weren't able to get in one restaurant!

The only Disney table service meal I've ever had was Crystal Palace for breakfast and it was icky.

Nicki I went back and read some of your reviews for my favorites for our upcoming trip. I just love your style and of course your photos. Only 3 more months until your next review!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter