Resale: What resort would you buy resale from?

Canadian Family of 4

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for opinions on which resale DVC resort to buy points in?

What is the advantage in buying resale?
What is the advantage in buying new from Disney?

Thanks in advance!

Buy at the resort you'd most like to stay at, especially if it's VWL, BCV or BWV as these places can be very difficult to get during certain times of the year. SSR is cheaper and gives you 10 more years, but is that worth all that much if you run into trouble staying where you want to be?

Advantage to buying resale is that you'll save a few dollars. Probably on the order of $10 a point or so. How much depends on what kind of deal you get and what kind of incentives (if any) DVC is offering. If you want a sold out resort it may be quicker to go resale.

Advantages to buying from Disney are that the process will be easier, closing will be quicker, and Dinsey offers financing. Disney will give you a tote bag.

Otherwise, membership via either route is the same.

A lot depends on your vacation time, if you are restricted to certain times of the year to travel then the 11 month reservation time is best and you should buy at the resort you would want to stay at. If you can be flexible with your vacation, the 7 months will work 90% of the time. So buy resale for less money and buy OKW which is the least costly at this time. You do get as stated 10 or more years if you buy SSR from disney. If you want to buy from disney before 1/20/07 (I understand cut of for deal) at SSR PM me for friends and family referral to get discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter