renting a car from WDW to Vero

lodgelady

DIS Veteran
Anybody done this? We want to rent at the end of our trip say Thursday A.M., then return the car to the airport on our way back on Sunday P.M. Is it way hard and expensive to do it this way? :crazy:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I will answer you with what I know. We sometimes add Vero to our Disney stay, but we always rent a car at MCO and drive everywhere ourselves. You definetely will need a car at Vero, everything requires a drive unless you plan to stay at the resort for your entire stay. Renting a car in Florida is very easy, probably one of the best states to rent cars in. You will have no problem renting a car at one location and returning it to another. We have done this. I have never rented a car while already at WDW so can't help you there, but I do know that National has a rental place at WDW so it should not be a problem for you. All in all I think you wil be able to do this with no problems at all. Good Luck and Have a Great Trip!!

Thanks DisneyMim. I was thinking that if we only rented a car for the 3 days we were at Vero that maybe our transportation costs would be less expensive. I know we would have to pay to be shuttled from the airport to WDW at the beginning of the week, so renting a car just for the Vero part may not be worth it.

Check rates both ways, then decide. You can rent at MCO for the entire trip or rent from National and pick up at WDW (pick-up at the Swan/Dolphin or the National center on-site) and return to MCO without additional charge. Thursday through Sunday will qualify for a "week-end" rental. If you have a Disney Club membership, there is a discount coupon available at the DC site which gives one free day on a week-end (three-day minimum) rental and an additional coupon/program code for a discount (which says 10% but frequently comes up at 20% when the program code is entered in the on-line reservation engine at the National web site).

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter