READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are running MMRR early? Interesting...

Practiced this morning...tried old slow wi-fi only device, and it was sluggish but worked - had to My Status the way in. Normal phone turned red fine. Noticed backups at approx 8:01:20.

seems to vary, I thought that report from BlogMickey yesterday said that they didn't start it early yesterday after having started it early on opening day ... something to watch for sure

what we were told at the time is they shut it off at peak onslaught of guests rushing in to get in in-time to make the opening announcement ??
They have been letting people in very early lately, right around 7:00 even before MMRR was open. Seems less like an "onslaught" these days.

Arrived 5:50, fourth in line at tapstiles. Opened at 7. On MMRR about 7:45. Off 7:58. Join Boarding group red at 8 exactly. Group 3. Backups at 8:01

I will be interested in more first hand reports like this with different arrival times. Our trip is coming up in two weeks and we don’t have a FP for MMRR so our hope is to be able to rope drop MMRR and get a BG for ROTR. We are staying at the Boardwalk and can time our arrival at DHS easily, but I’d rather not have to get to DHS as early as 6 AM if arriving at 6:30 would get us off MMRR before 9. I’d also rather not be in the building when the BG lottery starts, though we might have someone at home who could help us.

very productive - but I would have a been nervous getting on MMRR at 7:45 and wondering if would be off in time to try for a BG - glad it worked out for you!

Assuming we arrive at 6:15ish as planned and are towards the front of the crowd at the tapstiles, I have told my wife that if CMs allow the MMRR line (which we will be in) to enter early we are just going to kindly allow people to pass us and step aside for those 15 minutes (assuming they are opening it at 7:45a). I will just wait the extra 15 minutes in line to ensure I am outside for BGs. This may be the worst parenting decision ever cause my kids may go nuts and drive me nuts. However, I do not want to be inside or even on the ride and worrying about BGs. Way too stressful and I would miss parts of the ride as well.

Assuming we arrive at 6:15ish as planned and are towards the front of the crowd at the tapstiles, I have told my wife that if CMs allow the MMRR line (which we will be in) to enter early we are just going to kindly allow people to pass us and step aside for those 15 minutes (assuming they are opening it at 7:45a). I will just wait the extra 15 minutes in line to ensure I am outside for BGs. This may be the worst parenting decision ever cause my kids may go nuts and drive me nuts. However, I do not want to be inside or even on the ride and worrying about BGs. Way too stressful and I would miss parts of the ride as well.
I can tell you data works perfect inside the building and on the ride, so if worst comes to worst you should still have a good chance

I can tell you data works perfect inside the building and on the ride, so if worst comes to worst you should still have a good chance

Is that something you know from experience or from other media people like yourself or is that something you were able to get info on from your daughter? I am just curious and know you would be the one who knows. It is going to take a lot for me to chance it, but I keep going back and forth.

First time posting but figuring I better resolve before our trip in two weeks. Been following this thread for weeks now and decided to start practicing day before yesterday. Have an iPhone 11. Turned off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Waited till 8 o’clock and three seconds and hit find out more. Each time the red join boarding group banner appeared. Hit that then asks for my group. I include myself then scroll down and include my wife. Then a page comes up saying wait a minute not everyone is in the park.It seems to go well but I am not getting a BG. Same thing every time. I’ve even backed out and went to my status end it asked me to join a boarding group and then I still get the wait a minute banner. Where am I going wrong? Thanks

First time posting but figuring I better resolve before our trip in two weeks. Been following this thread for weeks now and decided to start practicing day before yesterday. Have an iPhone 11. Turned off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Waited till 8 o’clock and three seconds and hit find out more. Each time the red join boarding group banner appeared. Hit that then asks for my group. I include myself then scroll down and include my wife. Then a page comes up saying wait a minute not everyone is in the park.It seems to go well but I am not getting a BG. Same thing every time. I’ve even backed out and went to my status end it asked me to join a boarding group and then I still get the wait a minute banner. Where am I going wrong? Thanks

You aren’t- that is as far as you can get without being in the park.

You can't actually get a group until you have scanned onto the park. Your practices have been successful.

If you were in the park at that point it would give you your BG.

Is that something you know from experience or from other media people like yourself or is that something you were able to get info on from your daughter? I am just curious and know you would be the one who knows. It is going to take a lot for me to chance it, but I keep going back and forth.
from experience using data for live streaming inside the ride. My connection never faltered either in the queue or on the ride. I mean you make your own decisions though, obviously

from experience using data for live streaming inside the ride. My connection never faltered either in the queue or on the ride. I mean you make your own decisions though, obviously

I get it and like all people here we are responsible for ourselves, but that is vital information and thank you for sharing and having experienced using cell signal and data in the ride

I practiced again this am. I didn’t wait after 8:00, just hit as soon as it turned, and the button was immediately red. But this time I was the only person on my list, the rest of my f&f were missing. I went ahead and went back and forth a couple of times to see what would happen, but in order to get the rest to show up I had to force close the app and reopen. Then they were all there.

up until 1-2 wks ago I felt pretty good, all practices and my real day had all gone smoothly, but then it suddenly changed. It seems like any day I practice at 8:00 now I get a new glitch. It makes me nervous for our trip, but it isn’t until April. We plan to go up one morning just to see if we can get an early BG to use before heading to the MK. It will be annoying if we get it and head over only to have that happen- we would just sleep a bit longer and just head right to the MK if we could know ahead of time we couldn’t ride.

I practiced again this am. I didn’t wait after 8:00, just hit as soon as it turned, and the button was immediately red. But this time I was the only person on my list, the rest of my f&f were missing. I went ahead and went back and forth a couple of times to see what would happen, but in order to get the rest to show up I had to force close the app and reopen. Then they were all there.

I've practiced for awhile now and today was the first day that I did not get all my F&F to show up (only 1 of 3 showed).

I've practiced for awhile now and today was the first day that I did not get all my F&F to show up (only 1 of 3 showed).
This is the second time recently that my f&f list has been incomplete. Once recently I was missing one of my kids, this morning I was the only one on the list. Then another morning I got stuck in the loop of nothing being clickable. So 3 errors all clustered after a long time of nothing going wrong.

I've been practicing at home periodically for a few weeks. Honestly, I've been wondering why, since it doesn't seem like a tricky series of instructions to follow. But, so worth it to practice as you have all been saying! Today, I waited until 7:59.55 started my app, clicked the red button, and noticed I only had 4 people in my group instead of 5...and the missing person was me. So weird. It's my account. How can I be the missing person? Anyway, because of practice, I knew not to start over and just keep going. However, once I got to the "wait a minute you don't have tickets screen" I backed out to red button screen and tried again -- I was still not there. I closed out of the app, and then I popped up, but by now it was into backup groups.

So...lessons learned. Keep practicing so you don't freeze up in panic. Remember to go right to close out the app if there are problems other than a missing person.
Yep. “This seems so easy, why do we have to practice?” Because it’s easy til it isn’t and you don’t want to hit trouble for the first time on the day.

I think it'll depend on who you have as a carrier. I know some carriers are better than others when it comes to indoor stuff. Plenty of times I have perfect signal, but someone right next to me with a different carrier has no signal at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter