READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Says password is wrong. My son texted me this morning asking who changed his password! He’s having the same issue.
I feel for everyone in the park this morning. This is not OK. But it's a system wide problem apparently. Very much like my one day I had in the MK last a couple years ago when the system did exactly the same thing all morning.

Trying to log in on a chromebook and getting the same error. Opened the MDE app on my phone and it logged in fine. Went on the chromebook and tried to reset password and the reset email link gives an error as well.

I’m almost at the point where I feel like not even bothering with ROTR next Sunday. I am trying to change some dining adrs and I can’t get in MDE. It’s saying wrong password. Tried to reset it, but not available. Is this what I’m going to experience next week? Disney IT doesn’t let me in MDE? (Haven’t changed my password at all)
Same here. Says password is wrong. My son texted me this morning asking who changed his password! He’s having the same issue.
I was trying to make a dining reservation for this coming week. Perfect time finally came up. And MDE won't let me. Says password is wrong. Tried to reset and get an oops screen. So I suspect a system wide MDE problem.
Trying to log in on a chromebook and getting the same error. Opened the MDE app on my phone and it logged in fine. Went on the chromebook and tried to reset password and the reset email link gives an error as well.
obviously an IT problem today, someone on the main forum already created a thread. Please discuss this there to keep this thread focused on the topic. Thanks
Any additional discussion on the IT problem in general will be deleted to keep the thread on topic

Last edited:
Initial Boarding groups gone in 2 minutes again.

So how long had this been a normal thing? This was my initial reasoning for my distain of the new process, but the first few days it seemed like it was still taking 30 minutes or so, and I quit worrying about it. Today was our first day back with the new system and mine wouldn’t load. Wife got on her phone immediately and got 102. They can’t keep using a system that locks people out if they have to visit a blue shirt or can’t get their phone to work immediately.

So how long had this been a normal thing? This was my initial reasoning for my distain of the new process, but the first few days it seemed like it was still taking 30 minutes or so, and I quit worrying about it. Today was our first day back with the new system and mine wouldn’t load. Wife got on her phone immediately and got 102. They can’t keep using a system that locks people out if they have to visit a blue shirt or can’t get their phone to work immediately.
It's day 4 of this situation

A graphic visual of elapsed time (minutes) to fill all Regular Boarding Groups since 12/18 (the day the park opening/BG timing system went into effect). Granted this doesn't take into account the # of actual BGs filled, but still interesting to see visually. Amazing what anomalies 12/25 and 12/31 were - likely indicative of two days that people generally don't choose DHS for their holiday park destination, I suppose. Edit to add - also influenced by much longer park hours on 12/31, in all likelihood.

Last edited:
interesting. I would have thought it would have been about the same the entire week of Christmas and New Years.

I think the system was new people were still figuring out plans and strategies .... Now people know you have to be there just at park opening and to access MDE to join group the second official opening time is hit and here we are. Also, some Passholder blackouts were just lifted which is adding to things.

Will be interesting to see if it continues as holiday crowds leave

A graphic visual of elapsed time (minutes) to fill all Regular Boarding Groups since 12/18 (the day the park opening/BG timing system went into effect). Granted this doesn't take into account the # of actual BGs filled, but still interesting to see visually. Amazing what anomalies 12/25 and 12/31 were - likely indicative of two days that people generally don't choose DHS for their holiday park destination, I suppose.

View attachment 462707
I also wonder if Disney went all out to maximize capacity on those days. Plus maybe longer hours?

I also wonder if Disney went all out to maximize capacity on those days. Plus maybe longer hours?

Yeah, that's what makes one dimensional data a bit flawed here. 12/31 had the longest hours (through 12am) and highest # of regular BGs (129) other than opening day (and achieved the highest backup groups by a long shot). 12/25 had hours consistent with the rest of the days the week prior. But definitely important variables.

I’m almost at the point where I feel like not even bothering with ROTR next Sunday. I am trying to change some dining adrs and I can’t get in MDE. It’s saying wrong password. Tried to reset it, but not available. Is this what I’m going to experience next week? Disney IT doesn’t let me in MDE? (Haven’t changed my password at all)
Same for me. Just as I was about to make a hard to get dining reservation. Not good!

I think the system was new people were still figuring out plans and strategies .... Now people know you have to be there just at park opening and to access MDE to join group the second official opening time is hit and here we are. Also, some Passholder blackouts were just lifted which is adding to things.

Will be interesting to see if it continues as holiday crowds leave

I could see the learning curve aspect if it wasn’t so drastic. 20 minutes 4 days ago is not great, but acceptable. To go from 20 minutes to 2 minutes is very interesting.

I’d like to see them go back to the old system. I think it would have stabilized a bit after the holidays. People will always get there early but I think over time people would have started to realize getting there at 4:30 for BG7 vs getting there at 6:30 (or whenever they actually let people in) For BG40 was not worth it, and you would have seen it be more like FoP arrival times within a couple months.

I could see the learning curve aspect if it wasn’t so drastic. 20 minutes 4 days ago is not great, but acceptable. To go from 20 minutes to 2 minutes is very interesting.

I’d like to see them go back to the old system. I think it would have stabilized a bit after the holidays. People will always get there early but I think over time people would have started to realize getting there at 4:30 for BG7 vs getting there at 6:30 (or whenever they actually let people in) For BG40 was not worth it, and you would have seen it be more like FoP arrival times within a couple months.
I agree. I'm really afraid of what our 8 AM open day will be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter