Rate your chopsticks skills

How are your chopsticks skills?

• I am completely at home eating with chopsticks.

• I'm comfortable eating with chopsticks.

• I can use chopsticks, but I need more practice to feel comfortable

• I've tried using chopsticks a few times,

• I can't use chopsticks OR I've never tried using chopsticks

Results are only viewable after voting.

Northstar

DIS Veteran
So, how are your chopsticks skills?

Can you remember learning how to use them, or is it something you learned way back as a child?

When you go to an Asian restaurant where there are knives, forks and spoons set at the table instead of chopsticks, do you ask for chopsticks? Or, when you go to an Asian restaurant where there are only chopsticks set at the table, do you ask for a knife and fork?

Just wondering.

We all use chopsticks, except my 5 year old.....and he is Chinese! :rotfl2: He actually can't use them because of his hands, but that is another topic.

My father grew up in China (as an ex-pat from the US), so I grew up knowing how to use them.

I can use them almost as well as my Asian friends.

Dawn

On occassion I use chopsticks, but for the mostpart, I'm a fork n knife gal :thumbsup2

I can't eat with chopsticks to save my life :laughing:

Everytime I try.. I always fail.. I end up using spoon and fork.

One time, my DH ordered the kiddie chopsticks (you know, the ones that are stuck together with a rubber band) and used them thru the entire meal. Talk about embarrassing! :sad2:

Our whole family is completely comfortable with chopsticks, including my 9-year old DD. We spend 3 weeks in China & Japan in 2007 and she learned by necessity :).

I learned to use them in college during a summer semester at the University of Hawaii. I have no problem using them. If they are provided at a restuarant, I will use them, but I won't ask for them. I also won't ask for a fork and knife if chopsticks are all that is provided. I'm fine either way.

I can't eat with chopsticks either....if there were no more knives and forks, I'd starve to death :laughing:

Hmmm....the Chopstick Diet...might be worth looking into LOL :lmao:

Hmmm....the Chopstick Diet...might be worth looking into LOL :lmao:

Yay for the Chopsticks Diet! But I bet you'd find, like most of us who learned to use chopsticks by the "sink or swim" method, that you'd be able to eat pretty much anything except maybe ice cream in a week or two...

The Chinese culture has created some great things over the eons.

Chopsticks? :rotfl2:

Give me a stinkin' fork please!

I've been using chop sticks since I was 2, so I'm pretty good. My girls, 2 & 4 are pretty good at it too - the 2 year old is actually the best out of the two of them. DH has learned as well.

One time, my DH ordered the kiddie chopsticks (you know, the ones that are stuck together with a rubber band) and used them thru the entire meal. Talk about embarrassing! :sad2:

:lmao: awww.. how cute! i think i would have done it too. hey.. i'm just a kid at heart. you might see my children using the chopsticks and you'll see me with the kiddie sticks.. now that's embarrassing! :rotfl:

The Chinese culture has created some great things over the eons.

Chopsticks? :rotfl2:

Give me a stinkin' fork please!

We joke about this all the time. It's mind-boggling that people continue to use chopsticks even though the fork is a far superior untensil. I would have thought the Chinese culture would have instantly dropped the chopstick as soon as they discovered the fork.

I still like to use chopsticks with Sushi or hibachi. My skills are pretty good, I can handle most things with them. Its the rice and noodles that get a little tricky.

I would starve if I had to use chopsticks, I cannot get the concept down. I suck at using chopsticks! Now with kiddie chopsticks, I am a master at using those.

When my sister and I were little, we began to eat really quickly because we had such a short lunch time at school. This continued at home and drove my mom crazy. So, she decided to slow us down by only allowing us to eat with chopsticks.

Within two weeks, we were just as fast with the chopsticks as we were with a fork (or a spork at school.) ;) We still ate with chopsticks fairly often so we wouldn't lose the skill.

So, I'm completely at home with chopsticks. I've taught a lot of people to use them over the years.

I'm very comfortable using them. I ask for them in restaurants and use them sometimes at home. I much prefer them for eating certain kinds of food. I've gone weeks in China without seeing a fork. I like the bamboo version, not the slippery plastic ones.

I can't quite do the two peanuts back to back at once thing, which is the mark of someone genuinely competent with chopsticks.

Fairly comfortable. If that's all that's available, I'll use them without complaint. If they're on the table with forks, I'll use them until they annoy me too much and then switch to a fork.

Fairly comfortable. If that's all that's available, I'll use them without complaint. If they're on the table with forks, I'll use them until they annoy me too much and then switch to a fork.

I'm with the PP! :goodvibes

I am confrotable using them, but not as adept as someone who has used them all their life. I learned when I was a kid in Hawaii, and we only used them occasionally after we moved to FL, then VA. My skills are good enough for dinner at a Chinese restaurant (including the rice) or a sushi place. I don't revert to the silverware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter