Quick question

Marshamello

Earning My Ears
Hi, first time cruiser here, and I just had a question about the policy for weapons, I know I can't bring a real one to have with my costume for pirates night, and I can't have a "realistic looking" fake weapon, but I was wondering about a wooden sword, its about 34" long, and its not painted or anything and it looks like wood, but I wanted to see if anyone knew it was ok. Thanks for any help you might have :-)

I'm guessing that as long as it doesn't seem to be something that could be used as a weapon, you'd be OK; but I don't know for sure.

As an aside--how dressed up are you planning for pirate night? My DH and I have some pretty detailed costumes but are still trying to decide if it's more just kids that dress up rather than adults. pirate:

Edit: I just checked the Disneycruise site, and it says that sports equipment, like pool cues, aren't allowed. Might be too close to be brought aboard?

Hmm, yeah maybe.

Well its my first cruise, but my parents have been on several and they've always dressed up to various degrees, and in some of the pictures I've seen there are people that get pretty dressed up. My boyfriend and I are going as all out as we can.

I'm guessing that as long as it doesn't seem to be something that could be used as a weapon, you'd be OK; but I don't know for sure.

As an aside--how dressed up are you planning for pirate night? My DH and I have some pretty detailed costumes but are still trying to decide if it's more just kids that dress up rather than adults. He says I'm overthinking this...
pirate:

Edit: I just checked the Disneycruise site, and it says that sports equipment, like pool cues, aren't allowed. Might be too close to be brought aboard?

It's not just for kids. I've seen some pretty intricate costumes

erdf91.jpg
[/IMG]

Hmm, yeah maybe.

Well its my first cruise, but my parents have been on several and they've always dressed up to various degrees, and in some of the pictures I've seen there are people that get pretty dressed up. My boyfriend and I are going as all out as we can.

You go girl! :wave2:

:cutie:

Hi, first time cruiser here, and I just had a question about the policy for weapons, I know I can't bring a real one to have with my costume for pirates night, and I can't have a "realistic looking" fake weapon, but I was wondering about a wooden sword, its about 34" long, and its not painted or anything and it looks like wood, but I wanted to see if anyone knew it was ok. Thanks for any help you might have :-)

They sell plastic swords in the gift shops, honestly, since they arent's expensive, I'd get one of those for your costume rather than hoping that DCL allows what you're bringing, then you know it's allowed! They aren't expensive either.

Our friend who cruises and looks more like Captain Jack than DCL's Jack always packs his swords -- and they are not plastic or wood. He was called down to security in 2006 but has since cruised without issues, even on the Med & WBTA twice.

Thanks Marshamello and PrincessShmoo! I should just let my inner child out without reservation--it IS Disney after all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter