Questions About Annual Pass Discounts

star54kar

Earning My Ears
Hello. I am considering purchasing Annual Passes for my husband and myself since we both can't seem to shake the Disney bug. We both prefer to stay on Disney property when we go since we like the fact that it isn't necessary for us to rent a car or spend a lot of money on a cab/uber/lyft. Our favorite resort is the Caribbean Beach although we are tempted to splurge on a night or two at the Polynesian for our first wedding anniversary coming up in September. I noticed that there are special offers for hotel stays for Annual Passholders but since I don't have an Annual pass yet, I can't see if the offer is better than the existing sales. Can any existing AP holders please give me some feedback on the hotel offers? Also, if I buy the passes will I have access to the benefits right away or do they become active only once we go to the parks for the first time with them? Thanks in advance!

Hello. I am considering purchasing Annual Passes for my husband and myself since we both can't seem to shake the Disney bug. We both prefer to stay on Disney property when we go since we like the fact that it isn't necessary for us to rent a car or spend a lot of money on a cab/uber/lyft. Our favorite resort is the Caribbean Beach although we are tempted to splurge on a night or two at the Polynesian for our first wedding anniversary coming up in September. I noticed that there are special offers for hotel stays for Annual Passholders but since I don't have an Annual pass yet, I can't see if the offer is better than the existing sales. Can any existing AP holders please give me some feedback on the hotel offers? Also, if I buy the passes will I have access to the benefits right away or do they become active only once we go to the parks for the first time with them? Thanks in advance!
I currently have a voucher in my MDE (i.e. purchased an AP but won't be able to activate it until I'm in Disney). I can't see the current AP discounts but given how wonky the website can be, that may or may not be true for others.

The AP discount that includes dates in September is in the range of 25%-35% with the lower discount at Value Resorts and the higher discount applied to Deluxe Villas.

Your best course of action would be to call to find out what's available and what the cost would be.

Discounts are something like 25% Deluxe, 20% Moderate and 10% Value. I will say as an AP holder they are tough to get sometimes as the number they allocate are low. We got the AP's because we like to go 2 to 3 times a year and alternate between Value and moderate. Been a while since we stayed Deluxe and have only done it twice. (Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge). We got the AP's without much expectation of getting the discounts and have yet to be able to book one, but we still feel the AP's were worth the value.

You can buy the AP (voucher) today and are able to book an AP rate right away. Just show front desk your activated AP at check in.

AP hotel rates are somewhat hard to find(right hotel/right dates/ect..), but we go 4 times a year and I'd say about half its with an AP rate.

AP discounts aren't out past end of September yet. If you have specific dates before then pm me and I can check. We love CBR too and at least for now with construction the AP rates have been awesome. You can get discounts as soon as have voucher in MDE or a physical AP card in parks.

I currently have a voucher in my MDE (i.e. purchased an AP but won't be able to activate it until I'm in Disney). I can't see the current AP discounts but given how wonky the website can be, that may or may not be true for others.

The AP discount that includes dates in September is in the range of 25%-35% with the lower discount at Value Resorts and the higher discount applied to Deluxe Villas.

Your best course of action would be to call to find out what's available and what the cost would be.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Discounts are something like 25% Deluxe, 20% Moderate and 10% Value. I will say as an AP holder they are tough to get sometimes as the number they allocate are low. We got the AP's because we like to go 2 to 3 times a year and alternate between Value and moderate. Been a while since we stayed Deluxe and have only done it twice. (Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge). We got the AP's without much expectation of getting the discounts and have yet to be able to book one, but we still feel the AP's were worth the value.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. The hubby and I have agreed that with the amount of times we've gone to Disney over the past few years combined with the fact that we constantly want to continue to go back, the AP passes make sense for us regardless of getting a special AP room discount or not. :)

You can buy the AP (voucher) today and are able to book an AP rate right away. Just show front desk your activated AP at check in.

AP hotel rates are somewhat hard to find(right hotel/right dates/ect..), but we go 4 times a year and I'd say about half its with an AP rate.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. It's good to know that the discounts can possibly be that good.

AP discounts aren't out past end of September yet. If you have specific dates before then pm me and I can check. We love CBR too and at least for now with construction the AP rates have been awesome. You can get discounts as soon as have voucher in MDE or a physical AP card in parks.

Thanks for your help. Actually early to mid September are the dates I'm currently looking at, since our first wedding anniversary is September 9th. We have decided to go ahead and buy the annual passes. It just makes financial sense for us considering how often we find ourselves desiring to go. :)

I have an AP voucher in MDE (purchased, but not activated) and I can see all the AP discounts.

I have a (related?) question. I am planning on upgrading my 8 day park hopper to an AP. How quickly after upgrading will I get Memory Maker? Saving the MM cost is one of my motivations for upgrading, but if there will be a 3 day delay, I need to re-evaluate.

I have a (related?) question. I am planning on upgrading my 8 day park hopper to an AP. How quickly after upgrading will I get Memory Maker? Saving the MM cost is one of my motivations for upgrading, but if there will be a 3 day delay, I need to re-evaluate.
It will be immediately after activating the AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!