Question for GF veterans

alm1211

Earning My Ears
For those of you familiar with the Grand Floridian...we will be arriving the second week in December and have a Garden View room reserved. *Can I request a specific building and/or floor? *I would like to get as close to Monorail as possible-any suggestions? Also it is my son's 10th birthday, and I'm secretly hoping for an upgrade (who's not, right?!) but would never ask. *

Any other tips or suggestions you can give me about our first stay at this resort would be appreciated...thanks!!!

You can request a building/floor but it is not guaranteed. In an outer building garden view the closest to the main building would be Big Pine Key but keep in mind many of the garden views from that building will be of the construction.

You will have to decide if that will bother you or if the location is worth it for you. The GF is not a large resort and most buildings are not far from the main building. If view is important you may simply want to request "view away from construction".

In general upgrades are given based on the needs of the resort. For example if garden view is fully booked that may upgrade someone to marina view. However, pixie dust does happen in many different forms. Just note that your son is celebrating his birthday on your reservation.

You may want to read over the GF thread as it is very helpful and everyone is willing to answer questions there as well.

If your main criteria is to be near the monorail, just put that in your request rather than specifying a building. Putting "near monorail" in your request lets the room assigner know what is important to you. Specifying a building could wind up with you being further away than you might otherwise get.

If your main criteria is to be near the monorail, just put that in your request rather than specifying a building. Putting "near monorail" in your request lets the room assigner know what is important to you. Specifying a building could wind up with you being further away than you might otherwise get.

I agree with this. If you put a specific building, the room assigner will not know why you are requesting that building. If you put "close to monorail", they can do their best to put you in a building to accommodate that request, rather than just put you anywhere if the building you requested is not available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter