Question about DVC Disneyland Tower

HuskyRaiders

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are looking to buy direct at the new DVC Disneyland Tower, as we are a West Coast family. What do the Floor # and Unit #s have to do with the points you buy? Do you pick a specific floor or unit when you buy points? Thank you.

In practice, they mean absolutely nothing 😊

DVC will assign your Unit at semi-random. Only a few are for sale at a time, but within that pool of 4-6 Units, it appears random.

Some of us like knowing exactly which part of the building we own (that's my doorknob). And knowing the bigger picture while a resort is being sold it also helps us determine how much of the resort is declared.

Thank you so much !!!! Any advice on use month? We would travel in slower season, January, May, September - I have heard that is important to select. We are hoping to find a Grand Californian resale (someday :))

Thank you so much !!!! Any advice on use month? We would travel in slower season, January, May, September - I have heard that is important to select. We are hoping to find a Grand Californian resale (someday :))
Out of your options the only one that I think can work to cover all 3 since they’re so evenly spread out is if you did a September use year, trips in September and January are obviously a part of your normal UY. Your banking window would be 4/30 so if you’re staying sometime in May hopefully you would have cancelled before the 31 day holding period before the trip if you needed to cancel and would then still be able to bank the points if desired.

There is no January or May UY but if there were those would’ve been the other ideal ones.

Your case is pretty peculiar where it’s one of the few times I would only suggest one optimal UY. However it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get a September use year. It only matters if you have to cancel a reservation past your banking window.

Out of your options the only one that I think can work to cover all 3 since they’re so evenly spread out is if you did a September use year, trips in September and January are obviously a part of your normal UY. Your banking window would be 4/30 so if you’re staying sometime in May hopefully you would have cancelled before the 31 day holding period before the trip if you needed to cancel and would then still be able to bank the points if desired.

There is no January or May UY but if there were those would’ve been the other ideal ones.

Your case is pretty peculiar where it’s one of the few times I would only suggest one optimal UY. However it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get a September use year. It only matters if you have to cancel a reservation past your banking window.
Much appreciated !!!

Technically, when you buy, I believe that how it works is that you will be assigned a particular unit and a 'share' of it, but that does mean absolutely nothing. In essence, all the DVC points at each resort are in a separate 'pool' for that resort, and they are all completely equal, when used in the same way.

So, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!