Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Well I guess it’s “good morning” although a little early. 🥱

Watched a movie on Netflix Saturday night, it's called Hatchi. My sister recommended it. It's about a dog and she assured me nothing happens to the dog. Well I cried the entire last hour of the movie!😥 Events that happened affected the dog which was sad. It's based on a true story and there is a statue of Hatchi in Japan.:dog:
That movie killed me, too. After I watched it, I watched it again w DH. We were both 😭. I do like Richard Gere. But the thought of that actually happening in real life just made me so sad. (I liked it, tho.)

@Snowysmom, so glad you have a workable plan in place! I’m sure things will evolve as you move forward.

@Breezy_Carol Don’t feel guilty, you should feel good when you come by. We’ll see you when you have time!

Hello to everyone else, sending good thoughts and 🙏🏻 always.

DS and I had a chicken Caesar wrap for lunch today and I wasn’t hungry for the rest of the day. DH pulled a frozen breakfast burrito out of the freezer and had that for supper.

Weather is sort of mild this week so far, thankfully, but tonight there was a little ice on the ground.

I hope everyone has a nice Wednesday! 🐥

@TazDev Glad your foot is healing. Sometimes things happen that make up find that new PCP we need. I hope she works out for you and Jim. Sometimes people (men mainly I believe) think they can just do anything even when they are told not to for a medical reason. They hear what they want and ignore the rest.

Good morning. Cold again but warming up a bit.

Kenny is getting very stressed about selling his house. I believe it is making him sick. I have to have a talk with him this weekend. I know he wants me to live with him but I just can't do that long term. I need my own space as well as being near him to visit often. I know how hard it is when life gets out of control so I plan to talk with him this weekend. The house is nice and it would be nice to be able to keep it but soon to be ex is looking for money from the house. A house is just a wooden building. You take the memories and cherished items with you when you move. I just found out that the house I sold last year that Chris and I and the kids have good memories in has been torn down by the contractor and a huge monstrosity built in its place. I will admit I cried for a good long time. Not for the house but because of what it meant to Chris and I living there together after the kids left home. I cried because Chris passed in the house and I could not keep it any more. His passing led to all this. So I truly understand Kenny's attachment but we need to put it into perspective. The kids so love the house but they will love wherever Kenny lives because they are with Daddy. I am also leaning toward putting my stuff in storage with the moving company so Kenny does not have to clean up his basement and worry about my stuff there too if he has to sell. My saga continues. Life has been daunting and challenging.

Off to work. Have a good day.

The kids so love the house but they will love wherever Kenny lives because they are with Daddy.
So true! And if it's presented to them as an adventure, with the chance to decorate their new rooms and everything, they might even be excited.

I moved a lot as a kid - lived in six apartments/houses by the time I left for college. It was within the same town, so I never had to leave my school friends (which I'm sure made a huge difference) but all my memories of it are positive: exploring new neighborhoods, adding new friends, and discovering the cool things about each place. (One even had a "secret passage"!)

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Sunny and mid 60's. I am going shopping with my sister in law later this morning.

Don got his bloodwork done with no issues yesterday. We were going to go to one of the smaller lab places in town, as the hospital's diagnostic center is normally packed with a 2 hour wait. We had to drive by the hospital on the way to the other one, and I noticed that the parking lot was almost empty. I went in to check, and there was only 1 person in the waiting room. We had a 41 second wait to get checked in, and 10 minutes later we were out of there. I have literally never seen it that empty. Even when we left there were only 4 people waiting. We must have hit it at exactly the same time right after lunch. Going to try again next week, as he has to have it done one more time.

He was tired after that, so he took a nap in his chair. I gathered the trash and took it down. Then took a walk around the block twice. I can't wait for the nicer weather to be able to do that every day.

@Snowysmom :( about your old house being torn down. At least you have all the happy memories of time spent there with Chris and the kids.

Off to take a shower and get dressed for the day. I'll try and check back in later.

Have a great day!

wVGQsr.jpg

Good Wednesday morning everyone!☔

Warmish and rainy today. Should be rainy and windy starting tomorrow, littler nervous putting my garbage cans out tomorrow night.🌬️

Boy is my sleep messed up this week, I don't know what it is 😵‍💫. I'm still waiting for the insurance to approve my CPap supplies that the medical supply company submitted. I kind of think I should just order a new hose off of Amazon so I can get back to using it. I'm sure that's the issue with my sleeping. I dozed off during my lunch yesterday for about 10 minutes. I was home around 4:00 and I decided to watch the news at 6:00 and 6:30, well I missed the last part of the news so I'm thinking I fell asleep around 6:45 on the couch. I woke up at 8:00, barely able to open my eyes, let the dogs out and I was walking like I was drunk 🥴. Dogs came back in and I went to bed at 8:15. Woke up again at 11:30 but fell back to sleep a little after midnight. I need to start making myself go to the gym after work, maybe that will help.

Today is Jacob's 24th birthday 🥳, I texted him the Happy Birthday song. Mitchell's bday is Monday so we're all going out for lunch Sunday afternoon. I decided last year that for their bday present for now on I'm getting them a gift card to a restaurant that they wouldn't think of. I have a place picked out for each of them and then for Jacob's girlfriend Livia, her birthday was last week. This way they can go out on a date night to a nice, fun place instead of the same old Olive Garden or Chipotle.

That movie killed me, too. After I watched it, I watched it again w DH. We were both 😭. I do like Richard Gere. But the thought of that actually happening in real life just made me so sad. (I liked it, tho.)
I know what you mean. I was really mad at the daughter for letting that happen 😥 >:(.

That's it for me, have a great day!:wave:

Good morning all!

I've been skimming so not up on all the happenings. Hope all are doing well. I'm home from my trip south after 2 weeks and happy to be back since I missed the cold and it's supposed to be 61 today.

Have to go out later and do some errands.

I really had an excellent trip but except for one day, I skipped the parks. The day I went I started in AK and then later went to Epcot.

Using my new laptop that I picked up at Costco. It feels huge but has all the features I like, other than being a 13 inch versus 15.6 inch. It still fits in my bag and is still portable. I guess I'll get use to the size since it is still lightweight enough at 4 pounds.

And after being without touch for 2 weeks I'm relearning how to use it to maximize ease of use. I find myself forgetting to just scroll by using my screen. I guess it will all come back as I just finished set up a couple of hours ago. The key space is slightly smaller on this one than my old laptop which is weird for me.

It may go back and I'll wait until I find another. Not sure yet. One difference is the color. It's light colored and the back light doesn't stand out as well on the keys as my former charcoal/dark grey colored one. Of course I know with finger memory where most keys are but if I have to look for a key such as speaker up/down, they are not always positioned in the same spots on every keyboard. I also found a hot/warm spot on my lap that comes and goes. I'll be watching that.

And it has less ports. Old one was truly top of the line. This one is a little less. But cost considerably more. I guess that's inflation.

Good Morning :grouphug: 🐥

It's supposed to get into the 70s here today which would be such an extra blessing this day. Dad is staying home which makes me grateful as well. Looking forward to a quieter day. Maybe we will even get📬I will be calling the 800# on USPS shortly. I truly appreciate all deliveries. We would like to know what happened to our ✉️I think it is just a second week perhaps of a carrier only being assigned to deliver packages. Two separate One letters and a second packages, still makes no sense or cents to me. That does seem to be the case here. I will share what I find out later. I do hope each of you find a happy piece of mail in your box today :)

Pea, glad you enjoyed yesterday's lunch. Breakfast burrito brings back good memory of a colleague at a preschool that I worked at years ago. Alberta sometimes cooked in addition to teaching. Some mornings she made breakfast burritos which were a hit with the kids. She was always so kind to make one without sausage for me. A restaurant in this area, also had breakfast burritos that grandma and I sometimes shared. Tasty and good memory, thanks :)

Snowysmom, I truly admire your wise and courageous outlook so much. I am sorry also about your old home. :grouphug:You are so right on that a house is just a building. Memories and love that make it a home and livecwithin us and our hearts always no matter what. Continuing prayers of peace always for you along with Kenny and his kids, too.

PollyannaMom, wow and how awesome that one of your childhood homes🏠 had a secret passage! How did you discover it and where did it lead too? I remember as a kid trying to build a secret room out of Legos or Dominoes. I definitely would have loved a real life safe secret space. I love how you suggested a move be presented to Snowymom's grandkids as the adventure and new beginning that it can indeed be. Thank you for sharing those kind words.

Lynn, extra :hug:I am relieved and so thankful for both you and Don that at last he did get seen yesterday. What an ordeal, though :( Absolutely continuing feel better prayers to him. You please just remember to take care of yourself!
Footballmouse, :bday:celebrations it sounds like a few, how fun. I pray you and your family enjoy them all!

Welcome home, Judique. I am very thankful to God extra that you did have some ::MickeyMofun. Any new electronic device always takes me time to get used to. Prayers your new 💻works out just fine.
Wishing all of dear you a wonderful :tigger:Tigger-iffic Wednesday. I will check back in later.

PollyannaMom, wow and how awesome that one of your childhood homes🏠 had a secret passage! How did you discover it and where did it lead too? I remember as a kid trying to build a secret room out of Legos or Dominoes. I definitely would have loved a real life safe secret space. I love how you suggested a move be presented to Snowymom's grandkids as the adventure and new beginning that it can indeed be. Thank you for sharing those kind words.
Well, I put it quotes because it isn't really that exciting from an adult's perspective. :laughing: There was simply a connection between the back of my closet and the back of my parents'. (But when you're eight, that's super cool - especially for hide & seek! 😎)

It's 65 degrees here, and like Springtime. I debated wearing shorts to go shopping, but opted for jeans and a t shirt instead. No need for a jacket.
Neither Walmart or Aldi's were busy, that's a plus. Minus is prices again. 2 weeks ago I paid $10.44 for a 40 lb box of cat litter. Today the same box was $12.99, that's almost a 25% increase in 2 weeks. I asked the guy working in that department if it was cat litter or gold dust. That made him laugh.

Everything has been scanned and put away. Don said he only wants tomato soup for dinner, so I guess I'll make myself a sandwich of some sort.

Have a nice rest of the day

I just made my dad a Valentine using this Printable Cards site. I was so glad to have finally found an option where the card prints on one piece of paper and with 4 folds. It came out cute💌I did call USPS this morning. The representative took down our information and said she would put in an investigation. Maybe mail will appear later this afternoon.

Lynn, you run much warmer than me which is good! 65 to me=still chilly. Oh no! I'm sorry about the over $2 price increase :( Thank you for making the guy smile. 🙏for Don!

Afternoon:grouphug:to all.

Last edited:
Let see if this works, trying a different browser. So far, so good.

Been keeping myself busy this week. I've been noticing I was starting to to feel really stiff and it felt worse as the day went on so I decided I needed to start moving more when I'm home. I've started doing stretching exercises again and when I'm out in the backyard with Dolly I'm trying to circle the house a couple times. Today I can really the difference.

Southwest was having a CA sale so I was able to book a very cheap trip to visit my sister and niece next month. It was a great price to fly from a smaller more local to me airport to the smaller more local to them airport, which saves me having to rent a car and a two hour drive to their house. It was about half the price of the bigger/farther airports.

Can't remember if I shared last post that the baby and her momma came over for a visit and Dolly did soo good with her being here. Dolly sniffed her real good all over and them kinda acted like she wasn't there. LoL I was so happy. They have a shepard at home so she's used to big dogs...she kept saying her version of 'dog' over and over again....soo cute.

So I'm going to post this now and see if it works, if it does then I'll be back to posting regularly again. 🤞

:lovestrucBaby saying "her version of dog," AuntieMe3! How precious and God Bless her indeed. I'm so thankful also you will get to visit your sister and niece in March, what a nice Spring present to all of you.

Not much new here, no mail again. All is quiet and we're settling in for the evening :) Wishing all of you sweet dreams with love.

How nice that Dolly liked the baby. So sweet.

Good morning. I go into the office today. It is nice to see everyone and talk a bit. I am scheduled to look at a condo on Saturday. It is 15 minutes from Kenny in the next town over. It is one floor with a large unfinished basement. It is a duplex and has a small front porch, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a patio, and a space outside. It is well below my top budget. I would have to do some work like rip up carpets and put in flooring and paint walls. The kitchen does have nice oak cabinets and looks to be a good size. There is a garage and you can go from the garage into the kitchen. The community is a 55+ community. I will see if it speaks to me. I would definitely want an inspection if it does speak to me.

Have a good day.

@AuntieMe3 glad you got a good fare, and will be able to visit!

@Snowysmom glad you have things to look forward to today!

We are good here. Tom is getting over his cold, I caught it too, but not as serious as his was.

Yesterday I learned I may be having the carpal tunnel procedure in my left hand at some time this year. For now, a cortisone shot was given.

My aloe plant, Ursula, fell over and knocked down an amaryllis that had already bloomed, so there was a huge mess to clean up. When you both have physical issues, it’s a major production, but we got it done. There are no fewer than 6 supports for Ursula in her new pot. This aloe plant comes from one my Dad left when he passed in 1993. Until this recent plant the aloes were small, and would send out babies, so I would pass them along, and the plants were manageable. Then maybe 6 years go, it just got larger and didn’t send out babies.
79E74BCA-6D22-4126-BDB5-5FE53FA12A51.jpeg

I wish everyone a Happy Thursday!

Happy Thursday!☔

It's breakfast taco Thursday at work 🌮. I walked over to the little cafe with a couple of girls in the office and got a couple of tacos (minus the tortilla), they give you a pretty good helping so I'll eat 1/2 now and the other 1/2 for lunch.

Stayed up and went to Evan's soccer game last night and I did not want to get out of bed this morning 🥱. Bailey doesn't get off work until 10:00 so I don't like the thought of Mia having to sit on the team side, I'm afraid a ball will get through the net. Besides, I wanted to sit and hold her during the game.:love:

I recorded Tough as Nails last night so I'll watch that when I get home today :happytv:. We're supposed to have rain all day and bad wind. Glad the stuff still on my deck is pretty heavy, still don't know if I want to put my garbage cans out tonight 🌬️. I didn't really much garbage in it any way.

Snowysmom - the condo you're looking at this weekend sounds really nice. I would have loved to have had something like that when I was moving. Hope it's exactly what you're looking for!🤞

Have a great day!:wave:

Good morning everyone. It's a pleasant 40 here heading to around 60 if I believe the weather reports.

Jim has his one-week follow-up from the surgery today. I gave up on him a couple of days ago. He hears what he wants to hear and does what he wants to do, so I have decided my stressing about it isn't worth it. I think part of his problem is the surgery lifted the haze but didn't really help his vision. I didn't think it would, but I think subconsciously he did. I am trying to be a little more patient with him as he adjusts to his reality. Talking with my mom also made me realize that much like my dad, he went from working to nothing and probably feels a little useless. Letting him do his small chores like the dishes and trash makes him feel like he still has a purpose in life.

Jay got a job! I am so happy for him. So far, he loves it. The pay is decent, but he has the potential to move up and make a good living, plus it has full benefits and an IRA plan. Something is going on with him though. He texted me at 6:30 this morning to call him. He wants a list of what HE came up with for the house and prices. I did say since I thought the backyard may be a bit more work, I thought we should discuss maybe adding some extra money for him BUT I have a feeling his wife is getting involved again. We had this issue last year and it created a rift between Jay and I. He needed advances for his car and when they were short on the mortgage so I don't know where we are heading. I

I'm supposed to go to my sons for the Super Bowl but if this issue with Jay blows up I'll drop Jim off and come back later to pick him up. I have found that removing myself from a situation is the best thing to do until I am calm enough not to explode and say something I'll regret. I suffer from "foot in mouth disease" at times. If I get upset enough I will say some things I will regret, though true, and he won't like hearing them. He still has some things to finish in the kitchen from 2 years ago.

Sorry to be a downer so early in the morning so I will leave you with the picture I took from my bedroom window this morning. The sky was so pretty.
PXL_20230209_115629427.jpg

Have a good day everyone.

Good sunny morning. Another gorgeous day coming up, temps mid 60's.

Lowes finally called yesterday and said the commode was in so I called Dave and he is planning on picking up both pieces today. Since he's going to have to put the trailer on to get them, I might go along and we can get the plywood and the dry wall at the same time. I also want to pick up the paint, and the tiles while we are there.

I will have to move stuff around in the spare bedroom to make room to set the 2 or 3 big boxes for now. The shed is already full with the tub and the surround. Remodel hasn't even started yet, and I want it to be done with.

I'm getting so far behind on tv shows that I've taken even more off my list. I have 3 Tough as Nails to watch, plus all of the Will Trent ones.

Off to get moving. Have a great Thursday

partners-diamond-celebration-60th-anniversary-disneyland-walt-disney-mickey-mouse1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter